User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: No frills price match changes London

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    ^ limiting PM items to just 4? I can see their po byint though, nothing more annoying than having someone in front of you with a million items. Limiting to 4 and making people go back in line, might just be the solution.
    Limiting to 4 items prevents shelf clearing whan price matching. I'm all for that.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me , apparently a lot of Maxis in QC (same chain) have been changing their policies to limit pmd items to 4 and they have a board at the entrance which lists the few competitor flyers they do accept... Although the price matching policy on the back of their flyers hasn't changed (but those are printed in advance... How far in advance ? )

not ALL maxis have started applying this new restriction which includes no longer pming pharmacy flyers. There's been a ton of abuse here in QC and I can't help but think that might have something to do with it
    A lot of the No Frills in ON have the same notices at the front and at the cashiers. I miss pming SDM and Rexall sales, but I like having the signs up. No arguments.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well...that too. It's not uncommon to see people that own little corner stores, going to grocery stores and clearing for example soda pops on sale, only to go hike the price in their store.

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Limiting to 4 items prevents shelf clearing whan price matching. I'm all for that.
    sweetmomma and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Though it also limits getting more points if you have a great sale and a good personalized offer... 😕

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Though it also limits getting more points if you have a great sale and a good personalized offer... 😕
    This is my problem

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    This is my problem

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    me too... My favourite round number for a really good deal is 10... Which I don't think is that nuts... But when more and more people decide to go in and clear the shelf of 67 or 43 items at once... Well...

MY WISHLIST

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some of these people can at least try and be discreet about it, by splitting the items with the crew they come in with i.e. mom, dad, kids, grandma, grandpa all from the country on a day out

me too... My favourite round number for a really good deal is 10... Which I don't think is that nuts... But when more and more people decide to go in and clear the shelf of 67 or 43 items at once... Well...

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Some of these people can at least try and be discreet about it, by splitting the items with the crew they come in with i.e. mom, dad, kids, grandma, grandpa all from the country on a day out
    I agree, and I think that when we talk about shelf clearing we often look at it solely through a couponer's lens but the truth is... Many non-couponning families stock up when a product is on sale... Watch an Italian grandma's cart when stewed tomatoes are on sale lol... Or a convenience store owner's cart when pop is dirt cheap... But neither of them would have a problem splitting the transaction if that's what's required to get the quantity they need.

But, for a points offer, having to do multiple transactions puts a wrench in the mix.

On a side note: Metro has a great sale on 2kg sugar this week for .99$, limit of 4 and price becomes 1.49$ afterwards. My boyfriend went to pick up 4 and there was a convenience store owner clearing the entire shelf... When my boyfriend asked if he could have 4, the guy actually paused to think about it before conceding LOL

Sorry OP, back to the original topic ☺️

MY WISHLIST

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My mom told me that her NF stopped price matching back in August/September. I'm really disappointed for her since she only has one option for grocery shopping. The only other place is WM, which is a one hour bus ride one-way and doesn't have the selection that NF does.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

If No Frills does this that will be a store off my list. There is no way they will automatically price match all items in flyers and in all honesty most of the time my house hold is price matching the oddities. I think it will become a waste of people's time to go in and see if the item they want has been price matched or not. Not to mention I think it will become a huge game of well we will price match this but not that and then the excuses will start. I will just go to a store I know will price match for me, no questions asked.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    If No Frills does this that will be a store off my list. There is no way they will automatically price match all items in flyers and in all honesty most of the time my house hold is price matching the oddities. I think it will become a waste of people's time to go in and see if the item they want has been price matched or not. Not to mention I think it will become a huge game of well we will price match this but not that and then the excuses will start. I will just go to a store I know will price match for me, no questions asked.
    I'm with you on this one! I don't have the time energy or patience to go to more than one store for groceries...if you want to make things difficult then I will happily take my business elsewhere. I haven't shopped at NF in probably 6 or 7 months.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum (please move if not), but thought this might be interesting for some....

http://www.productjunkie.ca/no-frill...rice-matching/

As of Oct. 23, 2015, No Frills stores in London, ON, will no longer be price matching. This is a pilot project just for London locations.

They say that they, "automatically match shelf prices to locally advertised prices by competitive and private label comparable brands in the immediate geographical trade area. The “*Won’t Be Beat” guarantee is being replaced with a “We Price Match for You” guarantee. If any major competitor flyer has a lower price for any identical product No Frills will proactively change shelf price to match lowest flyer price. Automatically."

If you look at the No Frills official website, the "Won't Be Beat" price matching policy states, "*NOT AVAILABLE AT LONDON ONTARIO NO FRILLS LOCATIONS".

I find it hard to believe that they will seriously go through every local flyer and change their prices, along with their own regular flyer. And what if you do find a lower advertised price?

I think it seems like a lot of work/effort to accommodate only 3% of the people price matching. (I always see people price matching, so I think those numbers might be higher, but maybe it's just me in line with all the price matchers. lol) I mean, if they truly have the lowest prices on everything, that would be great, but if not, I think they'll lose their business to a lot of customers to Food Basics, Freshco, or RCSS who price match in the area.

What are your thoughts on this?

*** Thanks for the merge -I did a search, but nothing came up. 2nd time this week. ***
    Last edited by SarahS83; Tue, Oct 27th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    luckbealady likes this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

so sad to see no frills out of the pm game....does food basics do price match?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There are many other No Frills that have ended price matching since August:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/406709-...ntario-canada/

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/406218-...st-1st-canada/

On the bright side, my mom won't have to remember to bring flyers to the store. Unfortunately, she saves less.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    so sad to see no frills out of the pm game....does food basics do price match?
    Food Basics does not price match, like it's parent store, Metro.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Oh, my Food Basics does price match, or at least they used to. Maybe it's just certain areas/stores.
    Last edited by SarahS83; Tue, Oct 27th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information