User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 8 millions litres of Montreal domestic used waters will be released ...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

....in our besutifull St Laurence river this fall

we , the small cities along the St-Laurence, are told and encourged to treat our used waters

but, this big city will not ??? they have the right to pollute !!!!

search the error. ....so, people and tourists who will come in the lower St Laurence and Gaspé will smell, soak their feet and even bathe in Montrealers s..t next summer.....

GOOD good decision.....so, we are the montrealers toilets ....what'S next ?

sorry, but, i'm so mad !!!!!!

P.S.: my post is not against montrealers, most of them are also against that bs, it's against their city hall people decisions and qc environnemtal department
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Mia001; Fri, Oct 2nd, 2015 at 01:48 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Of course we are against it and there is something that can be done. The opposition party proposed mobile sanitation stations which can be rented at a fairly high cost but what is the alternative. The river will be polluted.

This dumping is supposed to be done for 7 days only while they dismantle part of the Bonaventure expressway. Funny enough the expressway is giving way to a more " tourist friendly" welcoming when you come into the city that way
    DaveP, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Given the water volume of the St Laurence[strike] I doubt pollution is going to be a problem.[/strike]

City spokesman Philippe Sabourin said earlier this week that contamination is not a big concern because of the sheer size of the river and how quickly it flows. Water in the river flows at a rate of 6,000 to 7,000 cubic metres a second compared to the flow rate of the wastewater, expected to be just 13 cubic metres a second.
    However, independent wastewater experts, biologists and other scientists have said the pollution will have an impact on aquatic life and on living organisms along the river's banks, and it could have a negative effect on communities downstream from the Island of Montreal.
    eta,,I hadn't realised it was crude sewage before I posted.The dilution factor will still come into play though. It will give a higher than normal biological oxygen demand on the water especially for the time of year.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Fri, Oct 2nd, 2015 at 03:35 PM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

dededi, Davetherave and beachdown like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thank's Patty for the info
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

What I don't understand is... This Bonaventure work wasn't decided overnight... Aren't there engineers and such that are paid to foresee all the steps and obstacles before work starts ? Somehow they missed that detail ? Reallllly ???

I generally like Coderre, I think he's shown some hootzpa which is more than I can say from some previous mayors but this one...

He does bring up an interesting point about this same thing occurring in 2003 and 2007 without so much public outrage... I have no idea if it was the same quantities though....
    http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...al-sewage-dump

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ah...one word for you, KICKBACKS If money in an envelope is good for Mulroney, it's good for the folks that disg out contracts and oversee the work. It is Montreal we are talking about, but this issue is not limited to Morriyal

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    What I don't understand is... This Bonaventure work wasn't decided overnight... Aren't there engineers and such that are paid to foresee all the steps and obstacles before work starts ? Somehow they missed that detail ? Reallllly ???

I generally like Coderre, I think he's shown some hootzpa which is more than I can say from some previous mayors but this one...

He does bring up an interesting point about this same thing occurring in 2003 and 2007 without so much public outrage... I have no idea if it was the same quantities though....
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Ah...one word for you, KICKBACKS If money in an envelope is good for Mulroney, it's good for the folks that disg out contracts and oversee the work. It is Montreal we are talking about, but this issue is not limited to Morriyal
    I live in Quebec... Capital of kickbacks !!
    dededi and beachdown like this.

MY WISHLIST

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mafia controlled with bricks falling off bridges done by shady contractors. No different from Toronto (Woodbridge and Vaughan crew) and Vancouver. The US might have a problem of guns on the streets, but in Canada it's kickback, biker gangs, street gangs and corruption amongst other things. Immigration is not the problem when you look at the grand scheme of things

I live in Quebec... Capital of kickbacks !!
    bluerose and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Mafia controlled with bricks falling off bridges done by shady contractors. No different from Toronto (Woodbridge and Vaughan crew) and Vancouver. The US might have a problem of guns on the streets, but in Canada it's kickback, biker gangs, street gangs and corruption amongst other things. Immigration is not the problem when you look at the grand scheme of things
    yet.... I still doubt that's really the reason for this particular screw up...
    Last edited by Tbites; Wed, Oct 7th, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
    dededi likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess we will really never know why

yet.... I still doubt that's really the reason for this particular screw up...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Feds knew all along. She is such a liar that one. Can't stand her, will be glad to see her go.

http://www.610cktb.com/news/national...aspx?id=482235

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

After 10 years of that gutless wonder the invisible man Tremblay, Coderre could sit on his butt for 5 years and do nothing and still come out smelling like roses.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

She already has a nice pension to fall back on

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Feds knew all along. She is such a liar that one. Can't stand her, will be glad to see her go.

http://www.610cktb.com/news/national...aspx?id=482235
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://globalnews.ca/news/2282821/fe...1f8217fcc4c11f

Federal government orders halt to Montreal sewage dump

Mia001 likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information