User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: Did I overreact?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    No, no over reacting in this situation. You have to be like this if not, they will come back. What they do (some of them) is they knock and if no one answer they will rob your home. We had this happen to us a few year back and they took almost everything we had and empty the 2 frizers. Believe me lots of crying there and they came back to steell my car. So, yea no over reacting there. If they knock at that time of the night, you sure know they are up to no good. So, DaveP you sure did the right thing. The cops did find the one that did this to us and other peoples. One got 3 years in jail and the others had 2 year. Believe me I was so happy that they found them as I really wanted for them to have consequence for theyr actions................................
    That's truly terrible. I'm very sorry that you had to go through that.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

you acted just as you should.. the only person who should be knocking on your door that time of night is family in an emergency(though they are most likely to call) and the police!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You definitely didn't over react, how could the young man be so stupid to bang on your door that time of the night.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    No, no over reacting in this situation. You have to be like this if not, they will come back. What they do (some of them) is they knock and if no one answer they will rob your home. We had this happen to us a few year back and they took almost everything we had and empty the 2 frizers. Believe me lots of crying there and they came back to steell my car. So, yea no over reacting there. If they knock at that time of the night, you sure know they are up to no good. So, DaveP you sure did the right thing. The cops did find the one that did this to us and other peoples. One got 3 years in jail and the others had 2 year. Believe me I was so happy that they found them as I really wanted for them to have consequence for theyr actions................................
    Sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad the cops found the... people who did that to you. And I'm glad they got sent away for a while.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

no you didn't , we wouldn't open the door at this hour unless we were waiting for someone to come over

once we had our car stolen in Montréal the first day of our vacations, we had our family and friends address book in it + all my ids in the car....
    so , we were affraid we and people we know might have unwanted guess....we never know who they are....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha ....we all were! Oh that whole encounter made me laugh, what was he thinking?? I guess he did not think cuz man he needed a light!!
    Too funny, hey if he ever returns to say....borrow a cup of sugar, you be ready for him!! Answer the door like this!!
    Why did this get edited by mods? Why do I keep missing interesting things!?

DaveP, you did NOT over react. I agree with above posters about him being an idiot or up to no good.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My first thought was that he was casing the place. See how suspicious I am? Do you actually know he IS a neighbour? Maybe a quick call to the police to report this incident might save another of your neighbours some grief.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    OK...so your 15 yr old daughter in making that comment, heard you you use the "eff" word?

All of your posts seem very critical of others that I've seen recently.

A fifteen year old girl hears much worse than the F word on a daily basis. If the worst thing a person does as a parent is drop an F bomb within earshot of their FIFTEEN year old (who hears that word at least a dozen times a day in the school hallways) then they're a pretty good parent.

You make it sound like he left her within earshot while he murdered this guy and ground his body up into sausages to sell at the Farmers Market.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No doubt in my mind the Kid was 'High as a Kite'. People do crazy things when they are on something.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  05shark.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  19.1 KB

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I probably would not have answered the door and no you did not over react.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You and me both...

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I probably would not have answered the door and no you did not over react.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think you over reacted. If it were me, I would have said a lot worse. At least he now knows you have a dog to protect the house.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nope, you weren't over-reacting, sounds fishy to me. he might be casing who is up and about.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

You didnt over-react. I just kind of wish you had your dog by your side barking and growling his head off while you dealt with this guy. It would have made him think twice about bothering you at that time of night.
    wolfwoman and Rena13 like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information