User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: QotW (Week): 26 Oct - 01 Nov 2015: Trick or Treat and Costumes!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  10-26-2015.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  83.4 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

we used to " do it all! " ( dress up, decorate, shell out ) now I do nothing. I turn the lights out head into the basement with the dogs and wait till it passes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We don't get any trick-or-treaters where we live but I will probably make up a little treat bag for a couple of neighbor girls around the corner and deliver it. I put my dog's costume on when we go for a walk- on him, of course. He likes wearing "clothes." He has a ladybug and a pumpkin costume. His brother used to object to wearing "clothes." He would stand stock still until you took it off.

I send Halloween cards with little treats to nephews and grandchildren and friends.

I loved dressing up when I was a teacher. I made a great pink and purple clown costume when I was in my first year of teaching and it came in handy many times.

I don't like the gruesome aspect of Hallowe'en.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When we lived in Toronto we spent at least $50 every year, lots of trick or treaters. Now we have very few kids in the neighbourhood so we just turn out the lights and watch tv.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We will get about 100 kids. We still carve a pumpkin for the front step but don't decorate anymore. My son turns 18 on Halloween so will have a houseful of his friends for supper , then off we will all go to the bar so he can buy his first legal drink!! I have a huge trunk of costumes from Halloween's gone by so we will find something in there to wear out to the bar. My son and his friend are dressing up as the two guys from Night at the Roxbury!
    bluerose, Andit, Natalka and 11 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    we used to " do it all! " ( dress up, decorate, shell out ) now I do nothing. I turn the lights out head into the basement with the dogs and wait till it passes.
    It's a great time to do your grocery shopping or other shopping. You usually don't have crowds and can see everything you need to see in the store.

We dress up at work, for the morning. There are prizes for "the best" in each category. Usually a cheesy prize, but it's fun.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

We usually only get 10 - 20 trick-or-treaters, but since its on Saturday this year and its oddly warm out still, I'm making sure that I have extra candy on hand. I enjoy handing out candy and seeing all the costumes. I also have to remove the temptation of those leftover treats by dumping them into the last treaters bag.

I loved dressing up, but don't do it so much anymore. At work our social committee has a belt, that we compete for all year by earning points for our teams by participating in challenges. So our team always dresses up for the Halloween challenge to get points. A challenge hasn't been issued yet this year, so I guess I'll see if I'm dressing up or not.

I also grew a single large pumpkin in my mini-garden this year, so DH will carve that for us on Halloween morning. I'm going to bake it into pumpkin cream cheese muffins on the 1st.

My most fun Halloween memories are more so about dressing up my younger brother. He was always a good sport but oh the pictures I have for his wedding :D

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hubby hands out treats and seems to enjoy it; we get about 100 tots and mothers carrying babies..don't get me started on THAT one! Some teens come around a bit later, but hubby's fine with them, jokes around a little. I watch tv and try to keep Jenny from barking and scaring the kids away (heeeyyyyyy!!!). Neither she nor I care for halloween one single bit.

In the earlier years when our kids were young of course we did it all, but living on a cul-de-sac, they just did the 12 houses on our street and were happy with that. Costumes were all made up at home, none of those store-bought crappy things; we had to use our own imaginations and the kids had lots of fun digging stuff up and getting made up...
    The greed and commercialization these days just takes the wind out of it for me.....

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The town center will be closed to traffic 2-4 on Saturday so we'll be heading there...there are very few kids round where I live so generally every-one hit the town itself..

I'm dressing up as an Agent of SHIELD and will be asking anyone in a superhero costume about the Avengers Initive..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am expecting about 1000 this year.

https://www.facebook.com/patty.smyth...=3&theater

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OMG, Patty!!!!
    You must have a line-up of cars outside your home every year! It's no wonder you have 1000 kids!!!
    Amazing!
    Scary...but amazing!!! How wonderful for your neighbourhood (and the city generally!) and your family!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We have a lot of fun
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    We dress up at work, for the morning. There are prizes for "the best" in each category. Usually a cheesy prize, but it's fun.
    Forgot about the decorating contest and the pumpkin contest. Prizes for decorating your work space or decorating a pumpkin, too.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$50 only....which area roughly is that where you were able to get away with just that amount?

In recent years, there have been an increase in teenagers showing up, and you have to wonder if they were raised in a barn. Total last year was approx 500. I foresee an increase in that number this year....

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    When we lived in Toronto we spent at least $50 every year, lots of trick or treaters. Now we have very few kids in the neighbourhood so we just turn out the lights and watch tv.
    Andit, Patty Smyth and Crochetlady like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

500 x $.10/candy = $50, same difference

It's not how many kids you get, it's what kind of a deal you get on your candy!
    Last edited by couponlady; Tue, Oct 27th, 2015 at 07:26 AM. Reason: deleted quote

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information