User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Call-back from my mammogram on Friday....eeek?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn, I rarely post here...actually forgot my login information but found it just to post to you. I went through this very thing earlier this year. A call back from our hospital to have my mammo redone (it was done at a mammography clinic but the callback was at the hospital for better resolution). It was scary and I tried not to worry, but you do worry. After my second Mammo I contacted my doctor who got the results that day....time for a biopsy. Panic set in, my mom died of BC. No lumps for me, no pain. They found suspicious calcifications.
    Biopsy, although not painful, was stressful as the calcifications were lost when the painkiller was injected. I begged them to try as I was already drugged and in position, so they did. At the time they told me the biopsy failed. A few weeks later they said they did get the calcifications and I was good to go, no sign of cancer. There were some strange things happening after that so I was referred to a surgeon, she is WONDERFUL but did one heck of a painful breast exam..... I went back for a six month follow up mammogram just last month and things are stable. I will go back in another six months for a full mammogram at the hospital and after that back to a normal schedule, but I have been told that I will always have to have mine done at the hospital.
    Having the surgeon go over things with me was the best! She was so reassuring and told me all the options available and said I could have the area removed if I wanted, but I say no to surgery that is not necessary.

I found a great site to visit with any and all questions. Breastcancer.org go there if and when you need to for great advise and support.

I wish you the very best. Stay calm....the waiting is the very worst!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itchy54 View Post
    Lynn, I rarely post here...actually forgot my login information but found it just to post to you. I went through this very thing earlier this year. A call back from our hospital to have my mammo redone (it was done at a mammography clinic but the callback was at the hospital for better resolution). It was scary and I tried not to worry, but you do worry. After my second Mammo I contacted my doctor who got the results that day....time for a biopsy. Panic set in, my mom died of BC. No lumps for me, no pain. They found suspicious calcifications.
    Biopsy, although not painful, was stressful as the calcifications were lost when the painkiller was injected. I begged them to try as I was already drugged and in position, so they did. At the time they told me the biopsy failed. A few weeks later they said they did get the calcifications and I was good to go, no sign of cancer. There were some strange things happening after that so I was referred to a surgeon, she is WONDERFUL but did one heck of a painful breast exam..... I went back for a six month follow up mammogram just last month and things are stable. I will go back in another six months for a full mammogram at the hospital and after that back to a normal schedule, but I have been told that I will always have to have mine done at the hospital.
    Having the surgeon go over things with me was the best! She was so reassuring and told me all the options available and said I could have the area removed if I wanted, but I say no to surgery that is not necessary.

I found a great site to visit with any and all questions. Breastcancer.org go there if and when you need to for great advise and support.

I wish you the very best. Stay calm....the waiting is the very worst!
    How absolutely sweet of you to return here and tell me your story; it honestly does help to know someone else who gets as worried and frightened as I do. Yes, many women get call-backs, but I know there's pain there, lordy, I dread the next mammogram for just that reason. Normally mammograms are uncomfortable, but this was excruciating.

I also just received a letter today, telling me that my doctor also wanted an ultrasound booked, so I'll be having that right after the mammogram. As if I won't be sore enough.....wish I had a day or two between them, lol...but better to find out early rather than later.

I do worry, although I don't obsess...but every so often it all pops into my head again, and those feelings of...what did Natalka call them...concerned apprehension?, creep in. I've been teary-eyed since I got that letter, but thankfully my Hubby hugged me a few times and said that whatever it is, we'll get through it, and he also reminded me that I do go for mammograms every 2 years, so even IF there was anything there, it's been caught early.

Thank you again, Itchy54; I sincerely appreciate you returning to post here for me.
    Big hugs to you, Hon!

Does this mean you'll stick around for a while?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Dropped in to say "Hi!"
    I woke up incredibly early and decided to do something that I haven't wonderfully done for a while.
    I said my prayers in an organized way.
    Lynn, I asked that you be held in God's healing hands so that your stress might be reduced. I was reminded of a medical fact that launched a whole department at a hospital in Kitchener. The humour department!
    This might sound frivolous, but they invested in a portable TV and bought lots of funny movies and books that patients could use. People would even come and act out funny skits, especially in the children's dept.
    Laughing releases endorphins which positively affect you body.
    So, my prescription - go over to the thread you started- "A few Lols for you" and have a few belly laughs.
    Followed by a healthy dose of visiting your grandson and for dessert, a funny movie.
    I am sending positive vibes your way!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!
    Dropped in to say "Hi!"
    I woke up incredibly early and decided to do something that I haven't wonderfully done for a while.
    Lynn, I asked that you be held in God's healing hands so that your stress might be reduced. I was reminded of a medical fact that launched a whole department at a hospital in Kitchener. The humour department!
    This might sound frivolous, but they invested in a portable TV and bought lots of funny movies and books that patients could use. People would even come and act out funny skits, especially in the children's dept.
    So, my prescription - go over to the thread you started- "A few Lols for you" and have a few belly laughs.
    Followed by a healthy dose of visiting your grandson and for dessert, a funny movie.
    Bless your sweet heart, "Sis"; Jenny's the one who can get me laughing out loud with her silly antics. I think dogs are good for the soul...I'm hoping they're good for the body, too.
    I'm trying to remain positive, but until I get the "all clear", there'll still be a niggling little thought that I may be off on another, new adventure.
    Thank you, my dear Friend...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Dropped in to say "Hi!"
    Lynn49, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lynn, waiting for results is agonizing! Thank goodness you have Jenny....she'll keep you busy with all things 'dog' if you'll let her, I'm sure. Wish I could write something that would ease your nerves....You're in good company here on Smartcunuks. You know, what you're going through is completely normal, and understandable. It just sucks to wait like this. Sending you lots of positive thoughts ... hang in there.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, I'm feeling a lot better this morning! I still have pain 'there', and although things may take a turn, I'm feeling much more positive about the tests on Wednesday (aside from the fact that they'll hurt like heck!). I found this chart and thought I'd post it here...maybe just so that I can find it again when I need a reminder not to worry, For now, I'm going to place myself in the 75% group after my diagnostic workup!

Today is flu-shot day and although it looks dreary out, it's supposed to be a balmy day...at least..balmy for November!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Nov 2nd, 2015 at 10:17 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!
    Dropped in to say "Hi!"
    I am in FULL support of belly laughs!! Best medicine!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I went to the doctor before for an issue, (Not my regular, a walk in clinic) General rule of thumb is, if you don`t hear anything, no news is good news.
    They called me and said I needed to come in. I panicked. I cried all the way driving there.
    They told me that they didn`t find anything wrong with my results.
    I was really irked. And gave them a piece of my mind.

Hope everything is okay! <3

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just a quick update: I had my re-call mammogram today and I have to say it was one of the most painful things I've ever had to go through in my life! My technician gal suggested it was, at least, better than labour and I said nope...this is worse! The ultrasound was fine, the gal checked with the doc in case she needed to take more pics, but it was all good and I was sent away.
    My GP should have my results in 5 business days.
    Now..the wait.
    Thank you all again for your kind thoughts....I've been taking wine for the pain this evening...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Just a quick update: I had my re-call mammogram today and I have to say it was one of the most painful things I've ever had to go through in my life! My technician gal suggested it was, at least, better than labour and I said nope...this is worse! The ultrasound was fine, the gal checked with the doc in case she needed to take more pics, but it was all good and I was sent away.
    My GP should have my results in 5 business days.
    Now..the wait.
    Thank you all again for your kind thoughts....I've been taking wine for the pain this evening...
    Lol, Lynn. I said the same thing and I have given birth drug free. I told the technician standing up was a bad idea becuase when I fainted from the pain it would just rip the problem breast off. Seriously I don't think you can't appreciate the retest pain until you experience it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Like they say. . .If men had to have that test on any of their "sensitive parts" you can be assured that test would have been re-invented real quick. . . ha ha!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I went to the doctor before for an issue, (Not my regular, a walk in clinic) General rule of thumb is, if you don`t hear anything, no news is good news.
    They called me and said I needed to come in. I panicked. I cried all the way driving there.
    They told me that they didn`t find anything wrong with my results.
    I was really irked. And gave them a piece of my mind.

Hope everything is okay! <3

Whattt? They called you back just to let you know that everything was fine? Couldnt they say it on the phone?
    Lynn49, Candini, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Whattt? They called you back just to let you know that everything was fine? Couldnt they say it on the phone?
    That was SO insensitive of them, Candini! Usually when nothing's wrong, you don't hear from them at all!
    This past week I've jumped every time the phone rang! I'm less jittery now that the weekend is here..
    amira84, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, just checking back to see the outcome....sorry to hear that you are still waiting, the wait is the very worst.
    I have a great doctor who I can contact via email so the second she got the results she emailed me. It was the next day. Same with the biopsy. I love my doctor!
    Hope you hear the good news first thing Monday morning. Then you can relax.
    Love the chart you posted
    All the best
    Davetherave likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information