User Tag List

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @Sweets parrow The price of gold has doubled in the last decade so you would probably never get it at the old price anyway.
    I hadn't even thought of that but you are absolutely correct @Crochetlady
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Looking forward to being done work so I can go home and get going on some house stuff. Think I will be lazy and just feed DS leftovers (tacos!) so I can get tidying the kitchen and onto laundry and posting stuff for sale! Will set up a large garbage bag upstairs too and start some cleaning! Hope to have a productive evening!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

And today a $25 Subway Card with VISA points...cashing in and loving it.

That is $75 in free product so far this week. I always wait until this time of year and go nuts.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Bf made supper tonight. I put in some time training my replacement tonight...and will again over the weekend (extra money atm is a good thing).

We are going to do hotdogs tomorrow for supper (he tells me hes porked out)

I spent a couple hours tonight doing Christmas cards (i think this year is the last of my super sale Christmas cards from 4 yrs ago ) so im all done those...and done Christmas shopping. So proud of myself and bf as we did no extra debt for Christmas gifts.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is Friday and I am so happy. I forgot to take my pills last night and ended up, up half the night not able to fall back asleep so I have a feeling today will be a long day.

No crochet list made last night instead I am trying to re write the pattern for these slippers, I want to give the same thing to my sister because she has a major shoe thing so I have to get this figured out so I can make her gift. The pattern I purchased is useless I can maybe get through 2 or 3 rows before I come across a huge error in the pattern, the pattern writer seems to be obsessed with decreases and only using every second hole so if you use the pattern you go from an adult size 8 to 9 to a child's size. Contacting her is useless her answer yes pattern might need tweaks here and there is for an experienced crocheter and I see a number of people recently posted if you ask for a refund she stops responding to you.

Going to go shopping tomorrow hoping to get the last of the yarn I need for Christmas gifts and going to grab some groceries not sure what all we need yet but thinking this trip might just be more of a need vs on sale trip which we usually do this time of year. The good news is there are very few things on this list and most of it is items we buy at Costco that never go on sale and Costco is our cheapest deal.

Well better get back to work looks like things piled up on my desk yesterday well I was away so have to see what I can get cleared off. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Checking in briefly. Made my first pot of chili yesterday evening. Trying to cook more with beans to help a little one in the bathroom. Can't believe we were missing out on this yummy dish. I made it smooth and finely chopped veggies; and kids and big kid also known as husband were happy.

I redeemed my air miles for Christmas baking groceries and my PC points for holiday lights. Next will be shoppers drug Mart for stocking stuffers.

I'm having a hard time paying off the line of credit despite the fact that we have debt, I feel very blessed and I'm choosing to continue with generosity for the holiday season. I'm picking up feminine products each time I am out as the ladies group in our church is collecting them for a nonprofit organization. Part of the holidays for me is being generous so I guess that is taking priority over the credit line. It's only a couple thousand and the car will get paid off. There's a few other things that we're doing to help others throughout the holidays, with having a pastor for husband we seem to be privileged to information about families that others are not.
    Hi Granger! I like the idea of your congregation donating feminine hygiene products! They are SO expensive! As are incontinence products for older women and men. I think I may try this idea with our church outreach group.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been in this thread in a while. For those who are struggling in any way, I hope that your situations improve soon.

I weighed the twins yesterday. Baby boy weighs 13lbs 10oz. Baby girl weighs 10lb 13oz. They are both smiling, talking, rolling, and giggling.

I'm still baking from scratch, trying to cook at home (dh is usually the one who insists on eating out), pm'ing, loading my weekly Air Miles offers for Sobeys (which usually gives me 2x 50% off offers each week, plus bonus AM offers), coupons, rebate apps, and PC Plus. Our 3yr old is in gymnastics and skating. I also take him to free programs at our local Family Center and public library.

Our 3yr old son is named after my grandpa. This grandpa was taken to the hospital last week because he passed out suddenly. Grandma thought that he was having a stroke. As far as the doctors know it was caused by a sudden drop in his blood pressure. He was released from the hospital at supper time on Saturday. They are supposed to be scheduling tests in Saskatoon to find the source of this new medical problem. He turned 82yrs old the day that my twins were born. He is still an active farmer.

Looks like everything is running smoothly at your busy household.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa! My mum had that problem. They advised her to be very careful when standing up. Hold on to something if possible. Unfortunately, she passed away from a head trauma caused by a fall.

If he should fall and hit his head, tell your grandma to get him RIGHT to the hospital even if he feels fine. Also ask for a CT scan, as that is how they found that my mum had a brain bleed. Sorry to be so alarmist but my mum refused help at first and the wait was tragic.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    rather cold here the past couple of days-i confess to hibernating yesterday but i think i will go out shortly to my 2 closest grocery stores and sdm and see if there are any bargains to be had and finalize the dinner plan. Meantime i have been semi-productive at home catching up on some paperwork, cooking etc. Tg-i hope, and i think it is likely, that you will be able to control your type 2 diabetes with diet/exercise and/ or oral meds. For all of us, younger and older, coping/managing with chronic diseases and/or pain is not fun and often also costly in terms of time and extra expenses that are not covered by health plans!

amen!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Just got a call from CBC go public as I wrote to them in a state of worry with respect to TransUnion and Equifax, she wants to do a story. She wants to wait until I receive my reports back from both companies and go from there. She also wants dh to try and do the request over the phone as she is curious if his TransUnion address is also 20 years out of date.

I may or may not have mentioned but Equifax charged cc for the fee for the credit score portion so hopefully I should receive the report and credit score back in a week or so.

Anyways thought I would share, the lady told me that they have often thought about doing stories along these lines but just have not gotten around to it and it may be time (gah). The 2 ladies that do the show are in Vancouver and Calgary....geez...I wonder if they'd fly me out (haha) I don't think so as she was wondering how far from Ottawa I am.

Wishing everyone a great afternoon and evening.
    Thanks for doing the leg work for all of us- and maybe you'll get a holiday and we'll get to see you on TV!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope you are having a great vacations, enjoy and relax

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH just realized he has some hotel points that will expire. So I am encouraged him to look at the gift card options. The result is 110.00 in Starbucks cards coming our way. They had no food options other than M & Ms and we have really gotten away from there. I have 5.00 left on a GC from last Christmas The Starbucks is a nice guilt free treat.
    I am just working on my Shoppers list for Saturday. That will be groceries and stocking stuffers. DH is coming along as I find doing a big shop with tiny carts so annoying.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    DH just realized he has some hotel points that will expire. So I am encouraged him to look at the gift card options. The result is 110.00 in Starbucks cards coming our way. They had no food options other than M & Ms and we have really gotten away from there. I have 5.00 left on a GC from last Christmas The Starbucks is a nice guilt free treat.
    I am just working on my Shoppers list for Saturday. That will be groceries and stocking stuffers. DH is coming along as I find doing a big shop with tiny carts so annoying.
    Great that you kept abreast of the points for hotel, win win for you as a treat.

I know dh is coming along to sdm tomorrow as well because of the tiny carts, I really wish they would have some big buggers (haha). It would be cheaper for me to not include dh in the shopping experience especially since he knows it's free tomorrow....sigh..oh well what can you do.

I called my local sdm and they have put the camera aside for me in the managers office for 9am pick up...yippe...

The other sdm in another town nearby opens at 8am so I may venture out there before hand but we'll see as I imagine it will be chaos tomorrow. I've never redeemed any points at sdm so I don't know what the stores will be like so I'm crossing my fingers all goes well.

This year I put the kid's Christmas lists on facebook and told everyone to check the list before shopping as it has been changing daily and to let me know what was purchased so I can delete from the list....

WELL MIL shows up last night proud as a pea-cock and declares she's done the boys...hmm....she proceeds to tell me that the 3 items she purchased our off them list...well she printed the list on Monday and shopped yesterday....needless to say I told her to check the list before heading out....she's pretty pissed off at me. Dh says don't worry about it.

Those 3 items were ordered and are shipped so I couldn't cancel and I wouldn't have anyways.

We are having my folks and inlaws over tonight for supper for Jaden's 15th birthday.....he's super excited as he knows he is getting his xbox1, my parents paid most with dh & I paying the last $100 so it worked out well afterall. Jaden's so funny because initially no one was invited for supper, parents said no because dh & I are sick with colds and well the flea problem but they decided they are coming....Jaden said I hope poppy doesn't eat all the chicken wings. I will leave a few in the freezer so he can a have snack over the weekend. Ice cream cake for dessert from DQ so not a cheap meal but it will be nice regardless and a treat for everyone. My mom is picking up paper plates so we won't have to worry about the dishes so that's good.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

the best part is the points are a result of travelling for work.
    I am heading to Sobey's today (not planned) but the Friday offers look too good to pass up. Walkonby posted in another thread. I am trying to eat from the freezer not add to it, but with two growing boys one does not ignore a great frozen pizza deal.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    the best part is the points are a result of travelling for work.
    I am heading to Sobey's today (not planned) but the Friday offers look too good to pass up. Walkonby posted in another thread. I am trying to eat from the freezer not add to it, but with two growing boys one does not ignore a great frozen pizza deal.
    Funny you wrote this as I was just coming to post that I just did inventory of the small chest freezer and oh my we better start planning meals from there. I found a deal on pizza last week but never got back to pm and stock up so had just bought the one ( had a few already in freezer). I have 9 packs of bacon! So needless to say I can start using them instead of saving them lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The 49 cents reduced bananas (one bunch organic with one extra non-organic one) from yesterday's grocery shopping>most were used in the banana loaf made later. Rare to get bananas under 99 cents at Fortino's on the reduced rack but was happy about the find. PC frozen fruit and vegetables were 2 for $5 or $2.50 each so got two fruits and two vegetable bags. Today PC Plus has an 800 pts offer for every $4 spent...oh well.

Was thrilled to get a free tote from Rexall at Westcliffe Mall with my purchase this afternoon. Have to remember to always carry it or the larger one I bought last week so books/groceries can be carried.

Has anyone checked out Fabricland for this week's specials and seen any decent shirting fabric specials? The one striped shirt I fixed during the summer is wearing out its collar. So I have to get a replacement shirt soon by sewing one. Have struck out at secondhand stores on that quest.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information