User Tag List

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-I am the same as you with a new PC Mcard but I don't have a PC plus card and I was wondering when my 20,000 pts would show up-I phoned and the lady said it would take 4-6 weeks. Lo and behold I was at No Frills this morning and she scanned my credit card and said I had 49,000 points all of a sudden when I had been expecting 20,000 points plus a few purchases so I have no idea how/why I got so many. Not that I am complaining!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not hungry tonight I weighted myself and I am at 187 lbs plus I am heartbroken because of a friend broke my heart,Wish everyone a good night xxx
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well son asked me if I would go to the library with him and ashlyn for the 10.30 program for 2-3 year olds (he didn't want to be the only dad there) so I did and got 2 books out for me I had on hold
    -just cooked a lovely chicken breast and ribs tonight ,carrots and mashed potatoes

-just came back from shoppers got 8,000 some odd points spent 62.00 needed to get my low dose aspirin and cough syrup for hubby as he has a cold
    -I have enough for 3 top redemptions -oh yeah cant wait

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am loving the new PC elite MC, I am earning lots of extra points and now it's the only card I use so that's adding up. I used to have the SDM MC but stopped using it when this card arrived. I had a great chat with the cashier at NF today as she was curios as to how much of a difference it made.
    This TOD switch is killing me. Everyone is home and active between 5-7. When I came in the door at 6 today the house was lit up like a Christmas tree. I no longer say anything I just walk through and start ing off lights, I hope it sinks in. I did come into dinner prepared by the oldest so that was a welcome bonus.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    It became official yesterday, I was offered and accepted a new job at work. They aren't calling it a promotion but I am. I was asked last Thursday if I would be interested which I was Friday it became official that I was on board as well as the controller and Dad, then yesterday it was announced to the other girls in my department so my job could be posted.

I will now spend about 1/3 of my time working order desk which includes some special customers I am going to keep working with but these I can work with from any where. The other 2/3 of my time will be spent in the branches training and keeping things in order. Anytime new staff is brought on I will go out and work with them and then if we see a branch is having an issue off I will go to try to resolve it and get them back on track. As well if a branch ends up short staffed for a long period of time I will slip in and out to help out and make sure they aren't falling behind on day to day paperwork. It shocks me how everyone says there are no full time jobs but every time we post certain positions we have such a hard time filling them, we had one branch that as short staffed for over 9 weeks this year.

There will be a lot more details to come but those will fall into place over time. Since this is a new position within our company we have to build and design a job description that works so we are viewing this year as a transition year and will re evaluate the work load I will be taking on at the end of the year.

Time to get back to work, have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am loving the new PC elite MC, I am earning lots of extra points and now it's the only card I use so that's adding up. I used to have the SDM MC but stopped using it when this card arrived. I had a great chat with the cashier at NF today as she was curios as to how much of a difference it made.
    This TOD switch is killing me. Everyone is home and active between 5-7. When I came in the door at 6 today the house was lit up like a Christmas tree. I no longer say anything I just walk through and start ing off lights, I hope it sinks in. I did come into dinner prepared by the oldest so that was a welcome bonus.

I was just coming to say the same about my new PC M/C! Just checked my account and $21 in pts were added the past few days. I am really trying to PM all my shopping at RCSS so I can get 30 pts on the $1. I also had to buy GC's for work so bought them there too and used my card. This card is rocking!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back at work today for 1 day then off till Tuesday! Going away to a hockey tournament in the morning and took Monday off to get stuff done. Tonight I pack us up. I upgraded to a suite for $10 more per night. To me it was worth it for such a small price difference. Rooms have fridge and microwaves so this makes my breakfast and snack prep so much easier! Tonight I will fry up eggs for the weekend for quick egg mcmuffins in the morning. Guess I can bring microwave popcorn for DS too! Looking forward to this weekend

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Redeemed my free small hot beverage Monopoly drink prize yesterday-I'm sure I walked half of the calories off afterwards!

Wore my new black pants yesterday-if they don't slip despite the partial belt being cinched! Last night, I was not having it anymore. Yes, I started to take apart the side seams and opened up the main waistline seam in other spots so I can have 5 belt loops. The belt fabric is enough to make the belt loops. Will do the actual alterations today.

Have to stop into Fortinos to see which St. Hubert's pies at $5.99 are still available. I have missed previous sales and this is the best price I've seen at the store all year.

Congratulations, @SassyAshley , on your job promotion! Think you'll enjoy the variety of your position! Yay you!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley congrats on the change in position, all the best...
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Should mention the SCers to check their Cdn Tire store to see if any Lysol hand soap refills are on clearance for $2.93. Two scents were on clearance at my local store last weekend, but just bought one of them. Also picked up CT's Likewise liquid hand soap pump (240ml) for $1.99 (wanted a soap pump for $2 or less) and the scent is mildly herbal. When the clear soap is gone, I'll pour in the Lysol soap.
    2 cents in CT e-money earned too-I know just pennies...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SassyAshley Congrats on the new job!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out on my lunch and noticed gas went up from 91.6 L to 104.9 L from this morning. Usually our RCSS holds off for hours and thank gosh they still were at 91.6 L so filled up! They play this game all the time. Tomorrow evening (hopefully) the price will be back down to 91.6. But I have to leave in the morning so couldn't wait and see. Phew, so glad I went out and filled up!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Just had the furnace and fireplace serviced today - cost $215.25.

Curious whether the readers here have their furnace serviced every year. Ours was making a bit of noise, so I shut the furnace off for 10 days until the guy could get here (ran the fireplace for heat). He said a pressure switch had to be replaced (under warranty thankfully).

Normally, just the furnace service is $135 + tax. Does this sound about right?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can't really answer your question directly Mom of 5 boys-in our case the utility company comes out annually if we request it and does a free inspection of all our gas appliances-fireplace, waterheater, and furnace in our case- testing for carbon monoxide leaks, looking for cracks, looking at the colour of the flame, listening to the furnace etc. It would then be up to us if they or we noticed any odd sounds or problems to hire somebody in to correct the problem and so far, fingers crossed we have not needed to do this. So I guess this is an inspection for specific things instead of a service per se. We do also change the furnace filter regularly. I am also guessing it could vary quite a bit on what type of fireplace, furnace etc each person has. Hopefully more people will weigh in with their experience/costs.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys we haven't used our furnace in 3 years as someone is always home and we heat with wood. However, we did not service the furnace every year. we did have a custom filter made that can be washed so a little more out of pocket at first but then tons of savings down the road.
    @cath007 so sorry to hear about your broken heart, friendships can be difficult at times hopefully she/he apologizes and realizes what a great person you are
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information