User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: SDM Gift Card Promo Nov 7-13

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks! I was wondering if it was "any" gift card as well since the ones pictured I'm not interested in.
    Will be all over this again of course!

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    Last year the $50 gas cards (Petro I think) came with a 5cents off per litre bonus card (valid for 50litres). Has anyone noticed if the 5cents off promo cards are on the gas cards this year? That was a good deal for me. I bought $400 worth of those cards which gave me an additional $20 off price of gas (on $400 worth) plus the 16000 Optimum points from the optimum promo. Will do the same this year probably
    I am searching for those too...so far have not found them this year. Went around to do some scouting for them last night.
    Check out Swagbucks...it's a great way to stock up on gift cards for free!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/garysmom

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went today and bought 2 separate $175 gift card purchases for Tims, Winners, Swiss Chalet/Harveys etc., and Gap/Old Navy cards.
    I didn't see any Esso or Petro gas cards.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Love this promo! . Did the 3 transaction. Saw lots of variety at my sdm but no loblaws pc or beer store or Starbucks.
    amira84, maple7, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

You can tell what my priorities are. I bought SDM, LCBO and Starbucks. Three transaction of 175.00 each. DH will do the Keg, Swiss chalet and google play/iTunes for the boys. I love this promo.
    amira84, maple7, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought Esso and Sdm. No bonus petro can packs but as far I could tell they did have all the cards listed on their website including The Beer Store. I was happy to see h&m and American eagle, will likely get those as well by Monday.
    amira84, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'll try to buy winners and maybe pizza hut gift card. I'll ask my hubby if we will shop at winners this boxing day or not. And if he is going to give us a pizza treat on boxing day or not. He will have to say yes in any case(). So i will buy these 2 cards once i get his permission.
    maple7, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So one local store insisted on calling in to get an authorization on my credit card before letting me pay for the cards?! I thought that was the point of a credit card that they get authorized, and it has a PIN number... yeesh. Good thing I went early on Sunday morning as they managed to create a line behind me A
    Anyone else encounter this?
    maple7 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by clarinetb View Post
    So one local store insisted on calling in to get an authorization on my credit card before letting me pay for the cards?! I thought that was the point of a credit card that they get authorized, and it has a PIN number... yeesh. Good thing I went early on Sunday morning as they managed to create a line behind me A
    Anyone else encounter this?
    Some stores won't even accept credit cards as payment for gift cards because of fraud.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    dededi likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to SDM last night and spend $175 on GC's (will go back tonight once I know what other ones I want for Christmas and future spending) Last night I bought $25 LCBO (buying a bottle of wine for boss for Christmas) $100 for East Side's (Swiss Chalet etc) we have a team hockey dinner planned at East Side's so perfect timing and $50 for Boston Pizza (my kids like it so pre-paid for dinner out over the Christmas holidays since I am off for 18 days straight )
    kimijeen, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Aaannnnddd my $100 esso gift card from Sunday has a zero balance when I went to the gas station today... With the scratch post still intact, ugh!
    dededi likes this.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Aaannnnddd my $100 esso gift card from Sunday has a zero balance when I went to the gas station today... With the scratch post still intact, ugh!
    Darn, the fraudsters strike again. Call Customer Service tomorrow and have your card, receipt and method of payment handy. This has happened to others before. Hopefully you will get compensated somehow. Do keep us posted as to your outcome and sorry to hear you've been digitally hit ..... bummer.

In future for anyone buying cards, as a tip which may or may not work, if you are buying multiples of the same type of giftcard, eg. 4 LCBO cards, mix them up when you are selecting your cards. If there are more than two racks, pick the middle card from one and the second last card from the other rack. This is by no means a guarantee that you want get scammed, but at least you might not get hit both times.
    walkonby and dededi like this.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Are you able to tell us the location of the store you bought your card at? It may help someone here from buying from that store if they are all bad cards or it could be random. Wonder if you can check your balance online if you bought other Esso cards in advance of going to the gas station too?
    dededi likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah, have to check the others. The weird thing is there are different backs to these cards, some have the whole number that is covered and has to be scratched, this one has the last four digits that have to be scratched. I have four Esso cards, and 2 of the 4 are like this and the numbers on the receipt aren't matching up with the numbers on the card, not sure which numbres are printed on the receipt for these. Very weird.

Richmond Hill, Yonge and May store.

Customer service was closed when I called. So mad. Got gas cards because it is something I use all the time!
    dededi likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So two are zero balance and two are fine according to the website for checking the balance. It is the two where the numbers on the card and receipt dont' seem to match???!!! The only other thing in common is the third set of numbers is 001, the ones that are fine are 002. So looks like a lot earlier cards maybe?
    dededi likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information