User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: which works out better for wii u purchase

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would like to purchase a wii u system. Currently priced at 329.99. Which route should we go?

Seniors day is today so 20% off (**can I use a spend $100 receive 22,000 points if I purchase at the seniors discount**... would just have to add something to bring out of pocket to $100 as I want to do a top level redemption as well). 329.99 - 20% $263.99 - $170 = 93.99 (if can use that online loaded coupon would have to spend a tad more to bring up to $100)

20x day with redemption

wait for the big redemption in a few weeks... but risk not having any to buy

any other option?

Thank-you for your opinion... I am having a mental processing block over here.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by couponingtosurvive; Thu, Nov 5th, 2015 at 12:43 PM.
    ROMEO, dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well, I think you are correct seniors day with Points promo is def best option..
    (without knowing future)

20x points day = worse deal unless price was cheaper than seniors days which wont happen
    bonus redemption day = worse deal but would save a bit of money * however if it was on sale then perhaps it would be around the same price but i highly doubt it would be on sale enough to make up for the savings

your approx getting $66 off on seniors day (with the slight chance of only $50 because flyer state 50$ max but i have heard of others going over that limit no problem)
    Last edited by bryceton; Thu, Nov 5th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

You can use the loaded coupon no problem. You might see the it go down in price over the next couple weeks. I wouldnt wait for the big redemption because with the senior discount and redeeming makes it an amazing deal and you risk not getting one. Usually a week before the redemption they have a toy and electronic sale, maybe it will be on sale.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank-you for your responses... very helpful. Now I must find a senior with 15 minutes to spare.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Thank-you for your responses... very helpful. Now I must find a senior with 15 minutes to spare.
    I purchased a laptop a few months ago. I did what you are doing, tried to figure out the best way to buy.

I checked at 3 SDM regarding buying on seniors day. All 3 said no 20% as the price in the flyer is considered a 'sale price' so not eligible for seniors discount.

Ended up buying on 20x day with $170 redemption.

Best to ask at your local SDM....If electronic on sale, can senior discount apply?
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    I purchased a laptop a few months ago. I did what you are doing, tried to figure out the best way to buy.

I checked at 3 SDM regarding buying on seniors day. All 3 said no 20% as the price in the flyer is considered a 'sale price' so not eligible for seniors discount.

Ended up buying on 20x day with $170 redemption.

Best to ask at your local SDM....If electronic on sale, can senior discount apply?
    bought a labtop on seniors day that was in the flyer no issue whatsoever, the clerk actually said she did the same herself.
    however it wasnt on sale only advertised in the flyer
    seniorsday only works on REG price no sales!
    I wouldnt even tell them its in the flyer when they scan it they can see weither its on sale or not!

lastly what i have learned from shoppers is all the years is alot of the time cashiers dont know what they are doing there.
    They make up rules do things wrong etc. I always try to remember them at the one i go to. if one gives you issue try again later with another or ask for management!
    Last edited by bryceton; Thu, Nov 5th, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    bought a labtop on seniors day that was in the flyer no issue whatsoever, the clerk actually said she did the same herself.
    however it wasnt on sale only advertised in the flyer
    seniorsday only works on REG price no sales!
    I wouldnt even tell them its in the flyer when they scan it they can see weither its on sale or not!

lastly what i have learned from shoppers is all the years is alot of the time cashiers dont know what they are doing there.
    They make up rules do things wrong etc. I always try to remember them at the one i go to. if one gives you issue try again later with another or ask for management!
    Yeh, I did deal with the management as I never, ever saw the hp laptop at it's 'regular' price. Flyer did not even indicate in any way it was on sale or reduced, just the price. Think it was shown around $269. Apparently the computer shows list price at around $349 or so. But thought something was not right. I was really hoping to do the seniors day thing, though.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    Yeh, I did deal with the management as I never, ever saw the hp laptop at it's 'regular' price. Flyer did not even indicate in any way it was on sale or reduced, just the price. Think it was shown around $269. Apparently the computer shows list price at around $349 or so. But thought something was not right. I was really hoping to do the seniors day thing, though.
    unfortunately I can understand why rejected. has to be reg price non sale. (even if its not in the flyer) sometimes things can be on sale for long periods (like a month or two!) usually price tag will show how long its on sale for..

or it could have been clearance which would be sale price which wouldn't be eligible

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just called Shoppers to see if they have any wii u left... they do so they put one one hold for me for tomorrow (seniors day). But then they said that the wii u may not received seniors discount and they won't know for certain until we try tomorrow. I have read all the fine print and electronics don't appear to be excluded from seniors day? Oh dear. Has anyone else purchased this system on seniors day? Thanks so much.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just called Shoppers to see if they have any wii u left... they do so they put one one hold for me for tomorrow (seniors day). But then they said that the wii u may not received seniors discount and they won't know for certain until we try tomorrow. I have read all the fine print and electronics don't appear to be excluded from seniors day? Oh dear. Has anyone else purchased this system on seniors day? Thanks so much.
    As long as it's not on sale you will get the seniors discount.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank-you CrazyQT... that is what I thought too! Then after speaking with the store was questioning my sanity. lol. Didn't want to drag my dear senior out for nothing.
    Decaf and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: In case anyone else was going to go this route... purchased the system with seniors discount. So so happy. With seniors discount, purchasing gift cards first (8,000 point offer) and bonus loadable card points it made the system affordable.
    Decaf and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: In case anyone else was going to go this route... purchased the system with seniors discount. So so happy. With seniors discount, purchasing gift cards first (8,000 point offer) and bonus loadable card points it made the system affordable.
    Apparently for the Electronics sale coming up its going to be on sale for $249.99

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Did you get full 20% senior discount?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, $66 plus 18,500 points (personal offer).
    Decaf likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information