• 2 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 3 Post By Midnightly
  • 3 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By Rose DesRochers

Thread: Toy ideas for 8 and 9 year old girls

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Any suggestions for great toys or board games (~$30) for 8 and 9 year old girls? It's for a Christmas donation, so I can't ask the girls or the parents for ideas.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I would say anything that they could use to draw or write with or on,fancy pens and papers etc.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My daughter is 8.5 and she loves anything crafty

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

When I was that age, I loved Monopoly and Clue (maybe a special edition of those games?). I love the craft ideas, but most of the toys are one use only or you have to buy expensive refills. I'd avoid those.

I think we bought a special edition hardcover version of Alice in Wonderland for DH's niece when she was that age.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my daughter is 8, she's big into musical items (she's been begging for a Ukulele, recorder...) she's also obsessed with her books (beginner chapter books, currently reading Mr Gum books) drawing (light up art board, sketch book with fancy pens, pastels, more complex colouring pages-adult colour books that are very big at the moment), rainbow loom (plus books), sewing crafts and ofcourse the go to of lego
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I agree with crafty things...a friend of mine has a daughter just a tich older, but she loves anything to do with beading bracelets to papercrafts...loom knitting, as Midnightly mentioned is also a fun new craft, but you do need to buy...probably a kit from Michaels (print off one of their 40% off coupons!)..they also have lots of reasonably priced craft kits that, unlike other stores, coupons can be used for.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Orb Factor have an amazing selection of craft kit gift ideas for the upcoming holiday season. There plush pillow craft kits are really cute. There is another Canadian brand named Kiss Naturals that has kits like make your own soap and hair chalk etc. My friends daughter is 8 and loves the kits. I am unsure if she collects Shopkins ( most girls) that age do. Giant Tiger has them at very affordable prices.

Thread Information