Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    mulock and Lavender Lady like this.

Saver
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just going to leave this new report here... http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/loblaw...ring-1.3306395

There's going to be a full marketplace episode on it this weekend.
    mulock likes this.
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow that is more than just worth the read.
    The meat bothers me especially, this gentleman did a very courageous thing speaking up.
    mulock likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Absolutely disgusting, I guarantee most stores are doing this in fact many times I'v been to a store where I'v seen spoiled items...ugh, they should all be shut down!
    mulock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is on CBC Ontario right now.
    mulock likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I watched it this morning, it was on and they were talking about it...the guy they met to talk with in that office he was head of....something/ forgot what, wow! blew my mind...like it's his job to make sure food in stores is not spoiled and stores are following rules and even with all that proof.... he didn't give a sh!t! unbelievable, he was in complete denial...like why are people like him working there!? he need's to be gone now! he's in charge of everything isn't he!? it's his effin job! no wonder some places are in sh!t...people like him sitting in an office collecting $$$ but what people put in their mouths he could care less about as long as he get's paid...yea let's employ more people like him.
    ..very mind blowing to watch../ ......but at least it's got some attention I guess..even though there's not much we can do about it..yea pick food that's not marinated/from the back etc etc...but they're still putting out spoiled food!
    They said putting on a wrong best before date is illegal....many stores do it.. seems to be legal for them if they keep getting away with it. ...this is all because one a.hole doesn't give a sh!t. ....good job he's doing!

I apologize for my frustration and language..but this is all food that we're putting in our mouths..and these people make me sick, it's not like we can control these stores..what are we gonna do not buy food?...it's their responsibility and their fault for whatever happens to us healthwise.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh crap! I just read this threat yesterday and thought it was going to be on THIS coming Friday. Guess I missed it. Oh well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I always see meat "seasoned" covered in spice etc and would never buy it. I know what they are trying to hide and it is so sneaky.
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I was naive enough to think that stores threw away anything past the best before date. You see discounted meat and bakery items all the time when they are nearing their expiration dates. Definitely an eye opener. Thanks for sharing, OP.
    JDI007 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is so true! and what's sad is I see tons! of people buying those clearance food items..because they're cheaper and sometimes come in bags, like you get bags of different foods together for a couple bucks..yes it's cheaper but I'd rather pay more and have un-spoiled food that is not after their best before date.
    I don't understand though...don't these stores get inspected by a health inspector? I know that stores hide their spoiling food by covering it up..but shouldn't he be able to tell? I don't know...I'd just think that would be his job...maybe :/

Thread Information