User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: COSTCO membership $55. GET $10 cash card, rotisserie chicken, caesar salad

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

The Deal - over now

C$55 for a one-year Gold Star membership package (C$97.48 value) for new members

• One-year Costco Gold Star Membership
    • Free membership card for a spouse
    • C$10 Costco Cash Card
    • Free rotisserie chicken
    • Free Caesar salad
    • C$15 in additional exclusive coupons towards:
      • Kirkland Signature shampoo
      • Kirkland Signature Starbucks house blend coffee beans
      • Contigo Travel Mugs (2-pack)

A Gold Star Membership card grants freedom to purchase products at any Costco warehouse around the world, as well as from Costco.ca. Members also receive a free spouse card, to be used by a spouse or family member aged 18 or older living at the same address. This Groupon is valid for new Costco memberships and memberships that have been expired for more than 12 months.Membership will be subject to appropriate taxes when claimed online at Costco.ca. After redemption, purchaser must follow redemption instructions on voucher to redeem online.

After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.

*I purchased the groupon for $55 then use the instruction on the groupon and went onto Costco - basically purchase the same membership BUT use the promo code from the groupon and ended up paying for the taxes $2.75.

CLICK HERE for GROUPON

Update Nov 9, 2015: got email confirmation from costco "
    Your membership number will be emailed within 48 hours along with instructions on how to obtain your card"
    I guess once i get the membership number i'd have to go to an actual store to get my picture taken for the ID (membership card).

Update Nov 18, 2015: got the snail mail with a letter stating that i need to print the email confirmation and bring it to a costco store to pick up my membership. Also got the $10 cash card and the coupons.

Name:  20151118_162138.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  42.3 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Starbucks, Guess
    Last edited by Purdee; Wed, Nov 18th, 2015 at 06:57 PM.
    dagney, hcao, ribeena and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Not available in Ontario
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thanks Purdee. I had been waiting for a Costco offer like this one. I just purchased it and will redeem it when I know I'm going to go there to shop.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapyddm View Post
    Not available in Ontario
    Although it states specific stores, I don't think it is as you redeem it on the Costco website. I remember the one that was apparently valid in Vancouver but people all over the country were redeeming it. I'm sure someone who has purchased this before can confirm it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I can't get to this on Groupon
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Hi i pm'ed you
    Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    I can't get to this on Groupon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Hi i pm'ed you
    Thanks, got it!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Read the small print before you join, the GC and other things are only available after you have placed an online order with Costco.ca. I was thinking that it was the card that gave the cash back (Executive card) but it is the regular one that is $55 in store - so unless you will be ordering online, there aren't really any extra benefits.
    ~[ATTACH]297671[/ATTACH
    ~[ATTACH]297672[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    hcao, Hondamanic and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

thanks Colsgirl, i was wondering how i'm gonna get the $10 cash card and coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    thanks Colsgirl, i was wondering how i'm gonna get the $10 cash card and coupons.
    This Groupon must be doing the rounds - yesterday I couldn't see it unless I switched my location to Toronto. I was emailed it as my daily Groupon (for my area) this morning!!
    walkonby likes this.

AKM
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ribeena View Post
    Thanks Purdee. I had been waiting for a Costco offer like this one. I just purchased it and will redeem it when I know I'm going to go there to shop.

Although it states specific stores, I don't think it is as you redeem it on the Costco website. I remember the one that was apparently valid in Vancouver but people all over the country were redeeming it. I'm sure someone who has purchased this before can confirm it.

My sister brought a membership last time when it was offered on groupon and was specify that it was only available in Vancouver but she is in Alberta and was able to use it. The email confirm came through and she took it to the Costco and got her card.

As for the coupon, don't remember if there was any fine prints on it but she did received her coupons and cash card in the mail. Last time it was free chicken and salad. Coupons for coffee and batteries. This time the deal looks better with the travel mugs

AKM
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Read the small print before you join, the GC and other things are only available after you have placed an online order with Costco.ca. I was thinking that it was the card that gave the cash back (Executive card) but it is the regular one that is $55 in store - so unless you will be ordering online, there aren't really any extra benefits.
    ~[ATTACH]297671[/ATTACH
    ~[ATTACH]297672[/ATTACH

Not sure if that means after you redeem your groupon deal on costco.ca that the cash card and coupons is mailed to you.
    Colsgirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    Not sure if that means after you redeem your groupon deal on costco.ca that the cash card and coupons is mailed to you.
    I wasn't sure about that either, it is a bit ambiguous!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i'll post updates as i go

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The terms of this groupon are that you must buy the membership online at Costco.ca

So after you "place the order" for your membership online, the rest of the promotion will be fulfilled.
    You dont actually have to shop for merchandise online.

This is so you dont go into the store to buy your membership and expect to get all the freebies.

Hope this clarifies the ambiguity.
    Colsgirl likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information