babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Name:  enhanced-7725-1447356699-1.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  39.7 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've never been and am not a cult member, but two of my sisters have memberships - one is definitely more rabid than the other. What's funny is they are both empty nesters and still go nuts.

Membership aside, my son snuck in with his friend two days ago and totally enjoyed the cheap and yummy lunch he got - no, not samples, at the food thingee where they sell stuff.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I've never been and am not a cult member, but two of my sister

Membership aside, my son snuck in with his friend two days ago and totally enjoyed the cheap and yummy lunch he got - no, not samples, at the food thingee where they sell stuff.
    Yes, the food court is popular for members and nonmembers.
    operabob, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

my son snuck in with his friend two days ago
    Just have to say you're going to the pharmacy. Don't need a card to get in for that.

I'm a member and have never been asked to show my card until recently when I couldn't be bothered to take it out. I just told the Coscop I was going to the pharmacy. No problem.

You can also just tell them you want to see what they are about. Other than the pharmacy and food thing you can't buy anything without showing your card at the cashier anyway.

One way around it is to buy their gift cards. Don't need a membership card to use those. ;-)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We have a membership but I don't have Costco love, parking lot is insane, store is always packed and we have the iest cashiers I have ever met, they all remind me of Marj Simpsons sisters Selma and Patty. There are few good deals but really have to be in a chill mood to go, I love a lot of their jarred things like olives and pickles but they take up so much damn room in the fridge...
    operabob, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, we`ve always had a Costco membership. Actually we are quite Lucky because the actual membership is in our names, but we split the price of membership with out neighbour. I shop at Costco for certain items: baking goods like Brown sugar, icing sugar, certain spices, Kirkland shelled walnuts; bananas, paper products like toilet paper; Kraft PB in the fall; Lays and Ruffles and some specialty items. Never ever do i buy toiletries at Costco: too expensive. They have a great deal for Cineplex movies for kids and Movie night out for adults.

you dont need a membership to go to the restaurant there or to the Pharmacy. And if you want to shop at Costco, just get a giftcard.

The thing with Costco is to make a list of what you need to buy and then stick to it! Otherwise you will leave with $300 plus Worth of stuff you dont really want or need!

And get their at store opening; great parking and not many people. Never ever go in the afternoon or evening!
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Sat, Nov 14th, 2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: adding something
    operabob and Ciel like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After swearing that I would NEVER pay to shop somewhere, I broke down and bought a membership through a Groupon deal. We went, had a hotdog supper, found some great deals (cat food, vitamins, pain relief) but also found some things that were not cheaper at all. We will keep the membership for the year, decide if it's worth it, but so far, I'm pleased!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sometimes it might be worth checking out the travelling road shows of branded product (shoes, activeware, bedding and the kind) that come to your local store. The website has a pdf of which shows visit which locations-handy, if you are waiting for a particular item/brand to come to you or a nearby store.

The concrete floors and huge shopping carts plus the lighting are strikes for me. Not a fan.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information