User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: No corn-syrup caramel popcorn recipe!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I have all my ingredients good to go! I will be using Organic ( non GMO ) popcorn kernels and my air popper and cane sugar ( looks sort of like brown ). I was all set to start the other night but something distracted me.

You....
    Natalka, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ and me - my son says I'm like a browser with too many tabs open, lol!
    Lynn49, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes...ty-kettle-corn

This is one of my favorite recipes for popcorn. It would probably taste great with some chocolate drizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I've never tried Chicago Mix, but there is a recipe on line for it...where you make cheese popcorn using cheese-flavoured powder and butter. I'm not sure what's in fake cheese powder, but it's probably one of those wonderfully flavoured ingredients I'm not inclined to eat. Maybe there's another recipe that uses real cheese?

All I can attest to is that the caramel popcorn I made was SO good...the best I've ever tasted and without any fake flavours in it, like the bought stuff, and no corn syrup!

I hope you try it....
    I don't think real cheddar cheese would work here to get the same outcome because it's too moist. You could always go for a grated hard cheese like parmesan or asiago, or look into an organic/natural powdered cheese that may be closer to being just cheese without additives.
    Lynn49 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If you're old enough to remember, or have ever had (and LOVED!) Lucky Elephant Pink Popcorn, but can't find it anywhere, here's a recipe for you!
    http://domesticdreamboat.com/pink-popcorn/

I think I may have seen something like it at Bulk Barn...but this will give you much more satisfaction and I bet it'll taste better, too...and you know what's in it!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I made some @Lynn49 !! The caramel popcorn I mean....oh you are right, it turned out lovely and crunchy after I placed it in the oven for 10 min after coating. Now I used cane sugar and it looks like brown sugar so I don't know if using actual brown sugar would be any different flavour wise.
    We all sampled some from a small bowl and then I stored the rest in 3 medium freezer sized bags for now. Wonder how long it will stay fresh?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I made some @Lynn49 !! The caramel popcorn I mean....oh you are right, it turned out lovely and crunchy after I placed it in the oven for 10 min after coating. Now I used cane sugar and it looks like brown sugar so I don't know if using actual brown sugar would be any different flavour wise.
    We all sampled some from a small bowl and then I stored the rest in 3 medium freezer sized bags for now. Wonder how long it will stay fresh?
    Oh, Walkonby, I'm so happy you tried and loved them! And no corn syrup! I agree with the pink popcorn having syrup in it, which is why I won't make it, but there are some gals on here who don't run from corn syrup, lol...and really...I loved it as a kid/teen!!

I'm sure it'll stay fresh quite a while in the freezer, but wondering if they'll get gooey when defrosted...either way, they'll taste heavenly!!! Thanks for trusting me with your popcorn!
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information