Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Noticed that during the holidays when I was visiting Lime Ridge
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did some Christmas shopping at Sears and I had to return several items are they were defective. Sears has replaced their good quality clothes with made in China crap.

I got a gift card for Christmas and bought a coat at Sears. It is very pretty and supposed to be rated for very cold weather - but I need to wear a sweater underneath.

I picked up my new Sears catalog yesterday - they no longer deliver them.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I did some Christmas shopping at Sears and I had to return several items are they were defective. Sears has replaced their good quality clothes with made in China crap.

I got a gift card for Christmas and bought a coat at Sears. It is very pretty and supposed to be rated for very cold weather - but I need to wear a sweater underneath.

i also got a few things from sears that i ended up having to return, the woman gave me attitude because i was returning items and that the items were purchased at another sears location (items purchased by family a few hours away)
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @barbis9 : That's strange. I received my Sears catalogue this year, delivered to my door, as well as the Sears Toy catalogue at Christmas.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @barbis9 : That's strange. I received my Sears catalogue this year, delivered to my door, as well as the Sears Toy catalogue at Christmas.
    ours was mailed as well.
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I went into sears once, with my step mom. She wanted to get some shirts for my dad, we spent the day shopping and she thought if we didn't get anything for my dad he'd be unhappy. The store looked so outdated and depressing. Almost every store in the mall has gone under some renovations to make it look brighter and modern... then there's sears.. dark and old. It was depressing to be in there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They need to drastically improve their sears.ca website. Too many glitches, errors, Out of Stock, shipping times too long etc.

Some stores are OKish & others are disasters. With a improved website/online shopping and keeping a few profitable handful of stores open , they can/might survive just as a more lean & mean company. All this will be of course on a smaller scale than before.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It was completely different problem. I loved Target -stylish products, great service- they were just not competitive enough price-wise. I have nothing good to say about Sears.

3 out of the 5 times I ordered online, they send broken or wrong items and made me pay $3-5 restocking fee when I returned it. They did refund me, but only after half hour on the phone. The staff are always rude, or just chit chatting with each other rather than helping customers. They continue to annoy me after I had stop shopping there.

Last summer, they delivered a sofa to my neighbour and block my front door for 2 hours. It was a Saturday, I could go grocery shopping later. But when I ask the the delivery guys to quiet down because it was before 9am. They were yelling at me for disrupting their work! WTF?! When I called customer service, they ignore me because I'm not the customer! So I talked to my neighbour and found out those idiots delivered a wrong sofa. They wouldn't take it back because they were paid by delivery. They had to go to the store to sort it out and they will pick up the wrong one and delivery the correct one. (That's rewarding mistakes! If you send the wrong furniture, you get paid twice?)

It's justice. They should close.
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Wed, Feb 3rd, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also wonder what's going to happen to Sears. They still have lots of job advertised on their website though so they likely won't close down anytime soon. But then you never know. Haven't been to a Sears in a little while but the only thing I remember (I think it was at Fairview Mall) is how messy the store constantly looked.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Our Sears has turned into an Outlet.

In Chatham, after Target closed, we now only have Walmart and the Sears Outlet that you could call a department store.
    We have RCSS that has a wide variety but it's hardly a department store.
    I have found a lot of good deals but you really have to look.
    I used to always buy Kenmore appliances.
    First Simpsons then Eaton's then Zellers then Target... all have left our town.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information