User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my problem: I want all things but only 1 redemption! (at Murale)
    amira84 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    my problem: I want all things but only 1 redemption! (at Murale)

Only 1 redemption/card or you have points for only 1 redemption?
    I was so jealous that murale is offering $60 extra on their top redemption level. So jealous! Murale is just like a BIG beauty boutique but sdm doesn't offer extra $60, only murale does.
    maple7 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I bought benefit -roller ball mascara back in august for a wedding -ohh love it curls my lashes sure don't need an eyelash curler and mine comes off okay with quo makeup pads and eye makeup remover

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Only 1 redemption/card or you have points for only 1 redemption?
    I was so jealous that murale is offering $60 extra on their top redemption level. So jealous! Murale is just like a BIG beauty boutique but sdm doesn't offer extra $60, only murale does.
    I only have enough for one redemption at Murale. I am doing another redemption at Shoppers for household stuff. I wish I could do a 3 redemption at beauty boutique. ehehe.
    maple7 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Murale?
    amira84 likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Loreal owns everything! I think about 85%!

Attachment 299250
    Yes Arvilish - you are quite correct ----L'oreal is all-consuming in the make up industry--- I have been told they also own the NYX Line (at least according to the SDM cosmetician I spoke to this week) which is a very popular brand (yes ... I've managed to watch a few youtube tutuorials and they all rave about the NYX brand. Even my regular SDM which isn't a beauty boutique now carries one of the NYX products I've reserved their pallette for saturday's redemption It's in this week's flyer - Professional Cosmetic Pallette -- not on sale but new for SDM....

I have followed all of you that are big makeup gurus this week and bought some smashbox items as xmas gifts (the pallette with about 27 eyeshadows - yikes) and the more modest starter kit with mascara - lipstick - lipgloss and eyeshadows - all from the new Art-love-color line .... So three of my nieces are going to be surprised with high end make up for xmas.

Anne - I read all your comments on the cherry smoke palette but couldn't find it to try it out unfortunately.

My favourite mascara still remains as the pink/green one from Maybelline .... I keep trying out others but come back to the same one.... Spent a fortune on Lancome over the last six months and have to say I'm kind of disappointed - sometimes the drug store brands are pretty awesome (not always but often you hit on a winner)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Murale?
    @Arvilish

Murale: sdm's version of sephora. Or in other words, mini sephora!

Zweet:
    It's a rebate app just like checkout51 and snap. You can ask your "evil bro" to lend you 22000 optimum points with a promise to get back $30 in future.
    You can buy this dessange shampoo ($12.99) and oil treatment ($14.99) and a chocolate to bribe your evil bro. You will get back $14.99 from zweet and $15 from snap.
    Your brother will get back his $30 sometime in future but you will have free shampoo and oil treatment for your hair.
    4sure5, maple7, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey girls, I like to use quality products on my skin (obviously) and I often use Biotherm products. I'd recommend you to try their makeup remover biosource micellar water. It feels really good on the skin when using it and I don't have that greasy sensation afterwards.

I use to buy my products on Amazon but Biotherm is doing a good deal for Black friday: $25% off + free shipping and free samples. Promocode: Blackfriday

If you know any other deals like this one, please let me know.

Thk U
    maple7 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was so excited to purchase the smashbox contour kit but then I checked the ingredients list and it contains ethylhexyl palmitate which I think breaks me out Might try out the smashbox be legendary lipsticks but i'm really bummed about the palette!
    maple7 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

LOL noooo!

I got three bro [yup I know that feeling]; only one is evil [who opened my gifts, eat my Ferrero] and the one who got my points is nice one

Never heard of Murale before! So wow.

Dessange is gone for me on Snap Don't ya hate getting sick on sales days!

@I have used NYX products; they are quite affordable as London Drugs usually do b2g1 free promos. I got tons of Pixies when Target closed for super-cheap and they are awesome! I never tried Lancome or other super-expensive brands.

For my skin, I used Racinne and Paula Choice as they are best!

*mom says your skin is awful so these are my own opinion :p
    @Arvilish

Murale: sdm's version of sephora. Or in other words, mini sephora!

Zweet:
    It's a rebate app just like checkout51 and snap. You can ask your "evil bro" to lend you 22000 optimum points with a promise to get back $30 in future.
    You can buy this dessange shampoo ($12.99) and oil treatment ($14.99) and a chocolate to bribe your evil bro. You will get back $14.99 from zweet and $15 from snap.
    Your brother will get back his $30 sometime in future but you will have free shampoo and oil treatment for your hair.
    Last edited by Arvilish; Thu, Nov 26th, 2015 at 11:16 PM.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Okay now this is truly against the spirit of this thread but i really want some motivation/scolding () to make me stop buying more make up. Is there someone who can join me on this? May be we can make our small targets to NOT buy more make up until so and so months or until so and so happens or jntil we save so and so $$$.

I really need to stop buying. Oh gosh, only 2 eyes and so many eye shadows, liners, mascaras.
    I actually buy very few cosmetics lol. I wait till I really really really want something, because let's face, we always want something! I have bought high end stuff for a long time now too, so when you know what works there's no need to keep experimenting unless you really want to, or a product comes along that absolutely everyone raves about and is life changing lol. I also stick to practical makeup, because you are right, we only have two eyes and 365 days in a year so how much eyeshadow do we need. Yes purple sparkly shadow looks pretty in the pan but if someone told you to burn $40 would you because sometimes that's what we are doing buying this stuff lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    4sure5, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Also, keep in mind that different makeup has different 'use by' times! Some of it goes in or very near to the eye, so gauge your buying patterns based on how quickly you will use things up. Otherwise, you are (sadly) throwing money in the trash
    4sure5, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amira84: MAC Cosmetics is having 25% off eyeshadow palettes on their website for Black Friday. The bay is also offering this promo on their website + additional 10% off all cosmetics! so it is actually almost 35% off. Plus 8% cashback on ebates.

Plus Sephora is offering a lot of good sets for $13 each. Plus 8% cashback on ebates
    Last edited by jsmile; Fri, Nov 27th, 2015 at 01:58 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I actually buy very few cosmetics lol. I wait till I really really really want something, because let's face, we always want something! I have bought high end stuff for a long time now too, so when you know what works there's no need to keep experimenting unless you really want to, or a product comes along that absolutely everyone raves about and is life changing lol. I also stick to practical makeup, because you are right, we only have two eyes and 365 days in a year so how much eyeshadow do we need. Yes purple sparkly shadow looks pretty in the pan but if someone told you to burn $40 would you because sometimes that's what we are doing buying this stuff lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

1: Thanks a lot d.ot and Anne for motivating me. You are right, absolutely right! Some things go bad after a few months/years and it's like throwing money away.
    I really needed that push. Although i wasn't expecting this from ANNE. I thought you are one of my type..lol
    (By the way, you said something about sparkly about purple...? Ahem ahem ahem.... the LW aurora collection is my most favoirite because of its purple eyeshadows, sparkles in the purple and teal eye shadows and the pretty purple packaging.
    But i really appreciate both of you. I 'll keep your posts in mind before browsing any other make up websites.

2: And dahliagrower, i know i have been pushing you a lot tolike high end mascara but i guess it'snever going to happen. Lol. You are right about some drug stores products as good as high end stuff. I watch makeup tutorials on youtube and some of these girls use all high end stuff but when it comes to mascara...they use Maybelline or loreal or covergirl.

3: I am very surprised that winnipegzelda didn't visit this thread yet. According to my report she didn't need vib coupons+diapers because she was fully potty trained and now that she was feeling mature, she started buying cosmetics.

4: is there someone who uses high end bodywash/body lotion for kids? I have always used johnsons for my kids but recently i changed their body wash to LRP lipikar body wash. Their skin feels so soft after the bath/shower. I will not go back to johnsons for the body wash.
    I tried LRP lipikar body lotion on my kids. I hated it. My son hated it. It has a horrible smell. This lotion says that its fragrance free but the ingredients in this lotion make its smell very weird. I wanted to throw up each time i used it and so i returned it. Now i am using johnsons body lotion but i want something good for kids. What do you recommend?
    maple7 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    Amira84: MAC Cosmetics is having 25% off eyeshadow palettes on their website for Black Friday. The bay is also offering this promo on their website + additional 10% off all cosmetics! so it is actually almost 35% off. Plus 8% cashback on ebates.

Plus Sephora is offering a lot of good sets for $13 each. Plus 8% cashback on ebates

Lol. Fallenpixels told me about this MAC sale on another forum. I really feel everyone's guns pointing at me. Lol.
    I AM NOT GOING TO BUY MORE MAKE UP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Lol

I have a family member who can give me her 40% employee discount at MAC so i am not feeling the rush to buy anything at 25% off.
    But thanks a lot for trying to make me spend money. I appreciate the effort.
    maple7 likes this.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information