User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Now that we have three seperate stores (SDM) for cosmetics I thought it's a good idea to make a seperate thread for our beauty talk instead of "hijacking" that personalized offers thread. Any gossip about make up, skin care, hair care...anything! We can talk here freely without feeling scared of SC big guys moving our posts to other threads.

So...what's up? That 15x smashbox offer is a very hot offer these days. I want to know if someone (Anne) has any reviews about smashbox make up setting spray.

I bought their "art, love, color" lip gloss set today and although I am liking it so far, I found these lip glosses to be almost the same as Lise Watier lip gloss set I bought during their online flash sale. I like all these lip glosses a lot.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by amira84; Sun, Nov 29th, 2015 at 06:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I did not hear good things about their mist water stuff. I personally think you are better off buying mineralized water from Vichy as they are same thing in terms of ingredients!
    ticul and amira84 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have pur minerals hydrating soray. It says that it can also be used as a make up setting spray but i don't see any difference when i use it or don't use it. May be I am doing something wrong.

And also, i am using LW gel liner these days. My first time ever using gel liner and it's hard for me. May be i am not a gel liner girl.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I have pur minerals hydrating soray. It says that it can also be used as a make up setting spray but i don't see any difference when i use it or don't use it. May be I am doing something wrong.

And also, i am using LW gel liner these days. My first time ever using gel liner and it's hard for me. May be i am not a gel liner girl.
    A pencil or the pot kind? I have never bought a setting spray. I feel like its not really necessary and probably doesn't do much so I don't think it's you amira lol. I think they are just trying to sell us a useless product we don't already have.

I restrained myself and redeemed $85 and got the smashbox liner set lol. The rest of my stuff was the dessange and some mir so I am getting half of that back. For now I'm happy with that lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I have smashbox eyeshadow primer in a tube -love the stuff and have bought their regular face primer
    -slowely inching my way to better makeup

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ya agree that make-up mist is useless. They are trying to convince us that this is how make-up last longer but truth is models/actors whatever-the-heck have their touch ups done every once in a while so mist is not necessary.

Did I mention that I got vichy travel size water for free when I bought their hand cream? I would never spend money on this crap!
    annedougherty, ticul and amira84 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I think I have tried every single Smashbox product SDM sells.

Has anyone tried Any of the Benefit Stuff? I love their pretty packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I am considering buying the Smashbox contouring kit for my daughter. Would appreciate any reviews. Thanks!
    ticul likes this.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I absolutely LOVE the Smashbox Contour kit. It's likely my favourite of all Smashbox products. I just bought another one tonight.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yup contour kit is a must have!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    ticul, amira84 and maple7 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Now that we nave three seperate stores (SDM) for cosmetics I thought it's a good idea to make a seperate thread for our beauty talk instead of "hijacking" that personalized offers thread. Any gossip about make up, skin care, hair care...anything! We can talk here freely without feeling scared of SC big guys moving our posts to other threads.

So...what's up? That 15x smashbox offer is a very hot offer these days. I want to know if someone (Anne) has any reviews about smashbox make up setting spray.

I bought their "art, love, color" lip gloss set today and although I am liking it so far, I found these lip glosses to be almost the same as Lise Watier lip gloss set I bought during their online flash sale. I like all these lip glosses a lot.
    Are you talking about the water primer/setting spray? I use it as a primer and love it. I've tried it as a setting spray and didn't notice any difference in how long my make up lasted.
    I know this isn't a Shoppers brand but I know a lot of people who swear by the E.L.F setting spray and it's only like 6 bucks at Old Navy/Loblaws/Zerhs.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I've also used the Hard Candy setting spray from Walmart and it works just as well as anything else I have tried.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some SDMs sell Urban Decay. Don't ask me about make up because I stopped wearing any after having kids.....BUT I did put aside 2 redemptions worth of this product for Saturday purchase for my 16 year old daughter. It is pricey but hopefully worth it. Who knows maybe I will star wearing it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OoooooOOoOoOoOo.... thank Goodness i didnt buy that finishing spray today. I had my eyes on that spray thingy, although i dont remeber if it was a primer sprwy or finishing spray. I wont buy finishing spray if real SC reviews are not in favor of one. So thank a lot for everyone's reviews.

I have smashbox shape matters palette. It has eye brow kit + contour kit and 9 eye shadows. I LOVE eye brow and contour kit. Love it!

Coupon girl, i read in another forum that you were going to buy LW eye shadow palette. Which one do you want? I think the new one has only 5 eye shadows... so why don't you go for smashbox nude palette? It has 14 eye shadows and if we get lucky, we can earn earn 15x smashbox points in our redemption transaction. Although no promises, i dont know if 15x smashbox will work on points redemption.

Ohhh.. Anne, did you get 15x points on your eye liner redemption?
    coupon girl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Are you talking about the water primer/setting spray? I use it as a primer and love it. I've tried it as a setting spray and didn't notice any difference in how long my make up lasted.
    I know this isn't a Shoppers brand but I know a lot of people who swear by the E.L.F setting spray and it's only like 6 bucks at Old Navy/Loblaws/Zerhs.

Yes, the water sprsy thingy. And also, although i *wanted* to buy that spray thingy but i also wondered how come it doesn't take off our make up because it's liquid...as liquid as water. Right?

And Anne, you were asking about gel liner thing... it is the little pot liner. Its not smudge free. I have LW pencil eye liners and they are absolutely smudge free. I love them. As much as i love stila's pencil eye liners and that liquid marker type eye liners.
    The only thing i dont like about stila's pencil eye liners is that they give me tears. Real tears. They are not tear free.
    ticul likes this.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information