Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thoughts....
    • before switching cell providers.... talk to neighbors and co-workers if they have deadzone issues with alternative carriers. Discount carriers work great outdoors, but don't work for me indoors, nor when I'm in a subway tunnel. That is an Epic fail if my phone does not work when I want it to!
    • there are discount internet providers out there.... ask them what is the download speed. What is the current download speed of your current Telus package?
    • Telus offers bundling discounts with TV, internet, land line and cell phone. Does the competition? I love Telus Optik TV with the wireless cable boxes. Sadly competition has no wireless cable boxes.
    • Do you know Telus leads with the lowest number of complaints. Competition feels maximizing customer complaints is how to build market share.
      http://www.itworldcanada.com/article...int-list/86452
    • Telus offers free data if you are near one of the TelusDirect wifi zones. Does the competition?
    banana03, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to be with Telus (for 7 years), and when it came time reassess the costs, I ended up switching over to Koodo and getting a lot more for a lot less than Telus was offering me.
    banana03, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I used to be with Telus (for 7 years), and when it came time reassess the costs, I ended up switching over to Koodo and getting a lot more for a lot less than Telus was offering me.
    You do know who owns Koodo, right?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it's ONLY the pricing that concerns you, and you're happy with the product I have two comments of advice:

1.) The Devil you know vs the Devil you don't. This goes with any company and/or service. You know what you're getting right now... and if you're happy with the PRODUCT, then be warned that another company might not deliver to you the same quality and level of service you've been getting with your current provider (in this case Telus.) -- On the other hand, having a poor quality product and support isn't worth half the price of what the other guys offer either.

2.) If you're with Telus, talk to them about your concerns re: pricing. Shop around, and tell them the offers you're getting from the competition. I've been a Telus (mobility) customer for going on 10 years now after switching from Bell. (*Bell had expressed no interest in keeping me on as a customer when I went shopping around, and I knew the Telus service in my area used the Bell towers at that time, so I know the service would be the same). Anyway, a couple of years ago (about 6 or 7 years as a Telus customer) I was laid off from work and had to re-assess my finances. I called Telus to check on my airtime usage for that month *(because I was certain I was going to go over, using my personal phone more during the daytime) and in the conversation told the agent my concerns (ie: laid off, etc). She doubled my monthly airtime from 150 to 300 daytime minutes at no extra cost, AND also lowered my monthly rate by close to 15%. I didnt even ask for any of that, just told the agent on the phone why I was concerned about going over my airtime because I had lost my job. It was like it was automatic for her to ensure I was taken care of. Plus it wasnt a ploy or a hook as I didnt get roped into any additional commitments, and otherwise no change in my base-plan offer. Just good customer service. Her claim was they like to reward loyalty and would rather keep my business than lose it.

Well it worked. Because it's stuff like that that has kept me a stead-fast loyal customer to Telus since and on-going. They'd have to really screw things up with me to lose my business at this point.

But point being, they'll probably work with you to keep you happy and to keep you a customer. Just a thought.
    banana03, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    You do know who owns Koodo, right?
    Yup, dear ol' Telus. Thankfully Koodo operates in a far more customer-friendly manner.
    walkonby, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

We are currently with telus for the last 7 years!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

For internet I recommend Teksavvy
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We just moved to Teksavvy after a long relationship with Rogers (11 years), then Bell (7 years). After a while, it became a matter of which one we hated more. We switched earlier this year and it's been so nice not to see weird increases in our modem fee, usage fee, package fee, or whatever increase they want to make up.

Plus, if you know anyone who already has Teksavvy, you can say you were referred by them and the original person gets a $1 discount on their bill permanently. It's like the gift that keeps on giving!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While Teksavvy is great, some people might find it daunting

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

Any one have any issues with Teksavvy or can give me any other opinions

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We recently switched from Bell to Teksavvy, saved $15/month, and much better customer service.

For cell phone, I use Virgin Mobile.
    dededi likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You will have to really talk to the people who setup the teksavvy themselves, as opposed to someone who had it setup for them.

Quote Originally Posted by banana03 View Post
    Any one have any issues with Teksavvy or can give me any other opinions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I totally agree! We use them and love the service!
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    For internet I recommend Teksavvy
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're in Burlington, Ontario for internet provider there are a few options that will be cheaper than BELL/COGECO.

- Teksavvy
    - Start Communication
    - Electronic Box
    - Contact.net

For wireless, if you're happy with TELUS's network, check out PUBLIC Mobile as they're on the identical network as TELUS/KOODO and offer a cheaper option.
    dededi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information