User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    In the last year due to shipping rates to the nwt being extra rather than free like they were previously i Have developed a bit of a hate for online shopping.
    As an example last month Amazon had usb drives for sale5.99 each ..i wanted 4... $24 plus tax and then they tacked on. 45 dollars for shipping. I cancelled the order.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    That's an insane amount for shipping charges...ugh....who could justify paying that amount
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @saundyl I must say I don't know many people that still mail Xmas cards faithfully anymore, so thank you on behalf of my ex-coworkers who are still employed. Wow about those delivery charges!! I would have cancelled that order too.

printed off the Metro Flash coupon but now I see the tubs of Irresistibles Ice cream still comes to $2.00 for each tub....I may pass on it. First I'll check the freezer to see if 2 tubs can be squeezed in there somewhere.
    I do it every year...most especially to my great-aunts and great-uncles and grandparents. There are a few cousin's I've stopped because they wouldn't get back to me about their addresses

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Seems like November just rushed past in a flash. That's what I get for having too much fun. I finally had a quiet day yesterday, so of course the computer went wonky. Think my jealous boyfriend tampered with it, he's been feeling neglected lately (talk about clingy, sheesh). He was decidedly not impressed, tho, when I went off to the Xmas Market & came home with a red foam nose-ball-thingy and tried to convince him to wear it. Lily dog was obliging enough, but her nose is a wee bit too big, and Quincy cat, well, he has barely any nose at all by comparison.

In keeping with not having any rest for the wicked (& spending as much time as possible having fun), I'm off in a little while to meet some friends (good food, great conversation, amazing company). Wonder if the jealous boyfriend will howl at me when I get home?

Hope everyone is well. Enjoy what's left of this dark dreary day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit sounds like a delightful day, have fun and the males are always needy (haha)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just went shopping at Sobeys for their 10% off Tuesday. I paid $90 for $170 in groceries after getting the 10% discount, redeemed 5 FPCs and $30 in AM. Once I got home with my three young children I realized that I will have to go back to the store to get two SCOPs on a 2kg container of Kraft peanut butter and a box of turtles chocolates. I also discovered that I was missing a grocery bag of food. I called the store and they have it at customer service. The person who was bagging got called away during my transaction and left my bag where I didn't see it.

edit: I just wanted to add that I also received 17 stickers towards my knife sharpener. I already redeemed 70 stickers for a super sharp 8" chef's knife that dh picked out.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Dec 1st, 2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks from beautiful St.Lucia! How can it beDecember?
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just thinking about the pile of laundry I have to do. Tonight is the night! Will try and post some things for sale too. have a pick up tomorrow for a purse I bought this summer, used for a few months and am selling for $5 more then I paid for it

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just went shopping at Sobeys for their 10% off Tuesday. I paid $90 for $170 in groceries after getting the 10% discount, redeemed 5 FPCs and $30 in AM. Once I got home with my three young children I realized that I will have to go back to the store to get two SCOPs on a 2kg container of Kraft peanut butter and a box of turtles chocolates. I also discovered that I was missing a grocery bag of food. I called the store and they have it at customer service. The person who was bagging got called away during my transaction and left my bag where I didn't see it.

edit: I just wanted to add that I also received 17 stickers towards my knife sharpener. I already redeemed 70 stickers for a super sharp 8" chef's knife that dh picked out.
    Great shopping! Wow, we have such different shopping lists - all that's on my list for Sobey's this week is cauliflower, lol! Wondering if you missed Safeway's pb last week when it was on for 2.99, or do you just go through tons of it? It's crazy that it's 5.99 this week at Sobey's - how much is the 2 kg?

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks from beautiful St.Lucia! How can it beDecember?
    Wow you are just flitting about all these wonderful tropical locations - how wonderful! No complaints about Dec. weather here, though, it's just under zero. Continue enjoying!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope you and your dh are having a wonderful time, have a pina colada or two for me
    @Angela273 great shop, I didn't realize you could go back to the store for scops, good to know

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Natalka
    A lot of the items that I bought today are things that don't really go on sale (ex: liquid smoke, no name cotton swabs, milk, eggs, d-drops for the twins). The PB was put in the wrong spot, so I ended up returning it. I redeem FPCs and other coupons on 10% off Tuesday because the 10% is calculated on the before coupon $ amount.
    The only grocery stores in my community are Sobeys, No Frills, CO-OP, and a basic super Wal-Mart. Safeway is far away from me.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

anyone looking for another cashback programme? ( like CO51 )

MillieH posted this new thread!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411320-...a/#post6518845

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I splurged and bought some homemade apple cider toffeea today. Omg they are fantastic. And all for me because bf cant eat cinnamon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    anyone looking for another cashback programme? ( like CO51 )

MillieH posted this new thread!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411320-...a/#post6518845
    Thanks for sharing.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Wednesday already we are half way through this week.

I managed to clean off our coffee table last night which was mostly things that had not been put away including most of my yarn receipts.

I have started a purple puppy pillow for my cousin's little girl and I still need to start the sneaker slippers for my sister. There is still one order pending that Mom took but I am about to give up on that order as I told them I needed the details by this weekend or I probably won't be able to finish in time for Christmas and they do not seem to be in a rush to get me the info so I have decided this is not my problem to chase them.

I need to send a wish list to my Step Mom for crochet supplies but I am not quite sure what to put on it. I when first starting out I managed to get most of my supplies super cheap over Ebay so now it is just buying items for each project. I know there are a few things I need but not sure if Mom has already bought those for me. Might have to surf the net tonight to see what I can find and maybe ask for a few things I wouldn't normally pick up for myself.

Well time to get back to work I have a presentation at our managers meeting next week which seems to be taking on a life of it's own and keeps expanding. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Going to work my butt off at work today- tired of the piles not going down! Everyone usually takes 2 weeks off around Christmas so the weeks before seem to be super busy! Tonight's dinner is all planned- Chicken drumsticks on the bbq, leftover rice, fries and ceaser salad. Then we will put up the tree and decorate it during Survivor

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information