User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes
  • 11 Post By rayraycanuck
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 2 Post By nalaric
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 2 Post By rayraycanuck

Thread: First Time Call to Customer Service.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Made my first call to CS on Friday morning.
    I had done a shop Thursday night and had a spend $60 get 16k.

I was honest and said hey these are/were a bunch of offers I had and I was clicking around in the store logged in by the website and something may not have loaded correctly.

I explained that I wouldn't have been shopping if there were not points in the equation. I had spent $109 still after coupons with all the Almay for stockings.

The answer after a few other questions, etc. " Well seeing as you had not called before I will give you the points. "

I said, " Well that is good because if you said no, it is all stil in the bag ready to go back."

She said, " that would be inconvenient." Oh no, no trouble for me, I said.

She was cordial. I am never rude or demanding. I have been there done that as a Sr. Guest Relations Mgr for a big cruiseline for a number of years in her shoes. I just chuckle though when it is phrased like they are doing me a favour.

The biggest thing I always taught my teams was if there is a way to say YES, do it, and don't do it with ccondescension. A simple, yes, sure, no problem. Nothing more. If you can't just do that, think of the best options of what you can do, not what you can't do. Sure certain circumstances like safety, and smooth logistics require a no, but one on one customer service should be a win win for all. You know when guests or customers are playing around, so lets not waste time, call me as the Manager and it is a kibbosh from the top right away. The rest of the customers shouldn't have to be penalized with over vigilance and scrunity because of a small minority.

Just my thought for the evening. I wonder if they listen to their recorded for training purposes stuff and realize how silly some of it sounds to get to the yes, instead of a simple yes and that's it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Nicely done.
    dededi likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

curious how you had a 16k on $60 on a Thursday? That sounds like a Wednesday one day coupon to me, which is probably why you didn't get the points. Nice that she gave them to you! I've always found their customer service to be great.
    dededi and Davelikes2save like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Lucky! I called first time and I had very jerkish dude, who yelled at his lung or something! Yuck...
    dededi likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry with the holidays coming and lots happening, every day runs together.I shopped Wednesday, called Thursday morning : )
    nalaric and dededi like this.

Thread Information