User Tag List

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree883Likes

Thread: Current Insert Coupons Thread 2016

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Just FYI ... the details on all P&G coupons: "No cash or credit in excess of shelf price may be returned to consumer or applied to transaction."

Name:  2my3r46.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  59.2 KB

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

This is good info to post - as my "brag" on SC FB page was removed due to "misuse of coupons" where I had never heard of this blurb before or seen it on a coupon. Plenty of others who are price matching at walmart have been receiving overage on these as well..Apparently it warranted a bunch of complaints and I wouldnt want that to happen to anyone else here..
    Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post
    Just FYI ... the details on all P&G coupons: "No cash or credit in excess of shelf price may be returned to consumer or applied to transaction."

Momof3girlies, lecale and ashoo like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    This is good info to post - as my "brag" on SC FB page was removed due to "misuse of coupons" where I had never heard of this blurb before or seen it on a coupon. Plenty of others who are price matching at walmart have been receiving overage on these as well..Apparently it warranted a bunch of complaints and I wouldnt want that to happen to anyone else here..
    I actually have a huge issue with P&G putting this on their coupon. And the reason being, most cashiers are pretty fast at my Walmart. Scan the coupon for expiry and to make sure it doesn't say "one per customer" and put it through. I got overage with mine. I didn't even think to read further then expiry and that I could use multiples in a transaction. So I feel like P&G has set companies up for failure 😡😡 and that companies will be losing tons of money on this by well meaning couponers and staff! And I feel now as a couponer Walmart will crack down when they realize this error and my time at the till will take forty times as long and be 100 times more difficult. Yes I should have read better and so should have the staff by we didn't because up until now they all said the same damn thing! I'm actually getting sick of P&G and how often they change their wording. Or stipulate different things and changing $1cpn to $.25! Oh wow thanks soooooo much for $.25 off your overpriced shampoo!!!! Ugh maybe I need a coffee but his actually really grinds me. The fact they stipulated that. Don't get me wrong free is free. I'm happy with free. But frig at least bold a change in your frikin wording so we all become aware! 😡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

100% agree. Why even offer coupons? I understand that people do abuse coupons - I totally get that. But there are A LOT of use out here that coupon NOT to have the BIGGEST stockpile.....NOT to brag about all the stuff we got for free or for pennies....NOT to resell on another site or place.....SOME of us coupon because WE HAVE TO. Personally, I follow ALL the rules....because I NEED to use coupons in the foreseeable future. I want to make sure that couponers have a GOOD name....and we are not looked upon negatively. And when a company like P&G constantly put up road blocks to how to use their coupons, it makes it more and more difficult for all of us. I completely agree with the idea that it feels like P&G are setting up the retailers....and maybe the couponers. Honestly, look at the insert now - $54 worth of coupons? Anyone remember when they were around $115 worth or so? And the actual value of coupons are getting lower and lower? Sure....we could supplement the difference with CO51 offers - but for maybe 1 or 2 products at a time? (Again....I'm all about building a stockpile...low and slow....that's what my budget allows! ) And some people don't have access to CO51..... It's really frustrating. And it's not confined only to P&G inserts....but look back at the last RedPlum issue....(4)coupons in the entire insert, I think? I said to my DH when I saw it "Was it worth even printing?". Again, I hate to complain when companies ARE offering us discounts coupons, but I dunno....doesn't feel the same as it did years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I actually have a huge issue with P&G putting this on their coupon. And the reason being, most cashiers are pretty fast at my Walmart. Scan the coupon for expiry and to make sure it doesn't say "one per customer" and put it through. I got overage with mine. I didn't even think to read further then expiry and that I could use multiples in a transaction. So I feel like P&G has set companies up for failure  and that companies will be losing tons of money on this by well meaning couponers and staff! And I feel now as a couponer Walmart will crack down when they realize this error and my time at the till will take forty times as long and be 100 times more difficult. Yes I should have read better and so should have the staff by we didn't because up until now they all said the same damn thing! I'm actually getting sick of P&G and how often they change their wording. Or stipulate different things and changing $1cpn to $.25! Oh wow thanks soooooo much for $.25 off your overpriced shampoo!!!! Ugh maybe I need a coffee but his actually really grinds me. The fact they stipulated that. Don't get me wrong free is free. I'm happy with free. But frig at least bold a change in your frikin wording so we all become aware! 

Thumpersmom, ashoo, N@t@ and 2 others like this.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Don't get me wrong, but P&G had changed wording on their coupons long time ago and I believe specifically because of overages at Walmart. Yet free is free .. good, at least stores will adjust value of the coupon (some won't do even that).
    ashoo likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

@cally I didn't get even that many (4), I got only 1 single coupon with my entire RedPlum insert .. what a joke and waste of paper!!!
    ashoo likes this.

Trading Score
    372 (100%)

WHHHHHATTTTT?!?! @N@t@ - only (1) in the ENTIRE insert?? LOL. Or just (1) you could actually use? hehe..... Oh that RedPlum.....it's like they have 1 or 2 inserts in the entire year that have any coupons in it that I could actually use. But if I ever want a porcelain doll or gold coins or a china plate with a wolf on it - I'm set! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by N@t@ View Post
    @cally I didn't get even that many (4), I got only 1 single coupon with my entire RedPlum insert .. what a joke and waste of paper!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    100% agree. Why even offer coupons? I understand that people do abuse coupons - I totally get that. But there are A LOT of use out here that coupon NOT to have the BIGGEST stockpile.....NOT to brag about all the stuff we got for free or for pennies....NOT to resell on another site or place.....SOME of us coupon because WE HAVE TO. Personally, I follow ALL the rules....because I NEED to use coupons in the foreseeable future. I want to make sure that couponers have a GOOD name....and we are not looked upon negatively. And when a company like P&G constantly put up road blocks to how to use their coupons, it makes it more and more difficult for all of us. I completely agree with the idea that it feels like P&G are setting up the retailers....and maybe the couponers. Honestly, look at the insert now - $54 worth of coupons? Anyone remember when they were around $115 worth or so? And the actual value of coupons are getting lower and lower? Sure....we could supplement the difference with CO51 offers - but for maybe 1 or 2 products at a time? (Again....I'm all about building a stockpile...low and slow....that's what my budget allows! ) And some people don't have access to CO51..... It's really frustrating. And it's not confined only to P&G inserts....but look back at the last RedPlum issue....(4)coupons in the entire insert, I think? I said to my DH when I saw it "Was it worth even printing?". Again, I hate to complain when companies ARE offering us discounts coupons, but I dunno....doesn't feel the same as it did years ago.
    Exactly! Exactly exactly!! I think I'm going to email P&G. This is really really bothering me. They are setting up GOOD couponers to abuse a coupon and screw over a company. And this is not sitting well with me! What difference does a $.50 (possible) overage make! Like gah! It's coupon companies who dictate the way a company proceeds with coupons because if they won't pay out what is owed to a company the company needs to crack down. No wonder it's getting harder and harder! I'm 26. Ive been couponing for 7 years. I have two small children. We are a young family in Ontario struggling to get by week to week becUse of our ridiculous government and the cost of living here! So we also NEED me to coupon. Free is free and I'm very happy to get free. And I don't care about the overage. Like at all! I'm upset because this will make it more difficult for ALL couponers in the future. This effects ALL of us. Whether you were using the coupon policies correctly or not. I don't know about anyone else but k don't want to sit at the till for 45 minutes while a cashier reads every single word on the coupons I'm trying to use. And again it's not that I'm trying to screw them over. I use coupons correctly! But my time is valuable too. Is it worth the $10 in savings of its taking me an hour to check out? Sorry for the rant. But I feel awful about my overage now. And I'm quite upset with P&G

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Lol exactly!!! No, it was only 1 coupon in the entire insert (well, not counting all those "a porcelain doll or gold coins or a china plate" offers) .. good thing is at least it's a useful coupon ($1 off any Vileda).
    Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    WHHHHHATTTTT?!?! @N@t@ - only (1) in the ENTIRE insert?? LOL. Or just (1) you could actually use? hehe..... Oh that RedPlum.....it's like they have 1 or 2 inserts in the entire year that have any coupons in it that I could actually use. But if I ever want a porcelain doll or gold coins or a china plate with a wolf on it - I'm set! LMAO
    ashoo and cally like this.

Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Lol! I liked the Vileda one too! But again....I only need like two or three of those for a year. I seriously cannot believe that your RP edition had one stinking coupon in it? What a joke! lol

Quote Originally Posted by N@t@ View Post
    Lol exactly!!! No, it was only 1 coupon in the entire insert (well, not counting all those "a porcelain doll or gold coins or a china plate" offers) .. good thing is at least it's a useful coupon ($1 off any Vileda).
    ashoo and N@t@ like this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

It's not even .50 overage it's actually .11 overage as tax IS included in coupon value. So coupon should be reduced to $3.39 - nuts if you ask me.
    Exactly! Exactly exactly!! I think I'm going to email P&G. This is really really bothering me. They are setting up GOOD couponers to abuse a coupon and screw over a company. And this is not sitting well with me! What difference does a $.50 (possible) overage make! Like gah! It's coupon companies who dictate the way a company proceeds with coupons because if they won't pay out what is owed to a company the company needs to crack down. No wonder it's getting harder and harder! I'm 26. Ive been couponing for 7 years. I have two small children. We are a young family in Ontario struggling to get by week to week becUse of our ridiculous government and the cost of living here! So we also NEED me to coupon. Free is free and I'm very happy to get free. And I don't care about the overage. Like at all! I'm upset because this will make it more difficult for ALL couponers in the future. This effects ALL of us. Whether you were using the coupon policies correctly or not. I don't know about anyone else but k don't want to sit at the till for 45 minutes while a cashier reads every single word on the coupons I'm trying to use. And again it's not that I'm trying to screw them over. I use coupons correctly! But my time is valuable too. Is it worth the $10 in savings of its taking me an hour to check out? Sorry for the rant. But I feel awful about my overage now. And I'm quite upset with P&G

ashoo and samm07 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post

I read the coupon and try to follow what ever is written. That being said when i was at RCSS this weekend to do my shop i didn't have to say any thing or argue the cashier that was checking me out said to me that she will have to reduce the coupons to 3.39 my response was ok. Even people that are price matching and using this coupon is buying the wrong product so the are also setting up the Big stores for failure I guess once the it falls with in the size the do not care if its the more expensive product the are taking. I try my best to follow the rules of the coupons because I don't have to get a difficult time when trying to check out I usually want it to be easy and smooth
    Thumpersmom, ashoo, N@t@ and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I was at Guelph WM today using the coupon- the cashier said there is memo on the back on the board with a photocopy of the coupons from PG and told no overage - and she said that the manager will come over to help.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I forsee all overages at Walmart ending soon because of the differences in wording on coupons now....

anastasia1009 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forsee all overages at Walmart ending soon because of the differences in wording on coupons now....
    Not just overages but as you mentioned earlier Walmart has started to crack down on cashiers. Yesterday what should have been a simple transaction took 10 minutes because the cashier said she had to read all the fine print on each coupon even though some were the same (with unique pins!) because she was afraid of getting in trouble. I PMed Always from RCSS and because it was less than half price she had to call a manager over to read the flyer and approve it.
    samm07 likes this.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information