User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: 2016 financial resolutions.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Whoops!! Yes an extra 0 is in there lol.
    Only one extra 0? $72,000 is still a nice amount of money in PC points.

I think I have $190 at most and the bulk is reimbursement for my big diaper purchase. That money will go to the new baby fund. With the SCOP, I paid $45.72 for the first 1.5 years of diapers (to be heavily supplemented with cloth diapering and free diapers at daycare).
    Ciel, macw1960, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

1. Catch up financially from DH's four months of unpaid sick time in 2015 (by March) - $0 credit card, top up missed savings & RRSP contributions (DONE by May)
    2. Knock off the remaining balance on my Student Loan ($5K) (Ongoing)
    3. Set aside the cash for the following planned 2016 home maintenance items: garage siding & eaves (spring), upstairs flooring (spring), new bedroom and kitchen window (fall) (Changed priorities)
    4. Pay cash for our Trip to Europe in September (DONE! Paid in Full!)
    5. Take lunch and coffee from home, and utilize the free gym at work more often since I have an hour lunch break. (Keeping this going!)

So a quick August update. Our priorities changed for goal #3 once again... we had an unexpected $2K repair to our vehicle at the end of the July that took out our garage siding savings. DH's job is so slow again, he's getting less than 25 hours a week lately, so he's starting to look at what other jobs are out there. For that reason, we've decided to just prepare the garage for one more winter and save to side it first thing in the spring. The windows and flooring were "nice to haves" so they will wait. For the rest of the year, we will just keep plugging away at the student loan balance and saving for those now 2017 expenses.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today is budget clean up! Bumping this so I remember to keep myself accountable!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok cleaned up the budget!

All credit cards paid in full (credits on both)
    $ put in RRSP
    $ put in Christmas account
    $ put in Summer camp fund 2017
    $ put in Grade 8 Grad/Ottawa trip for DS for 2018

183 Airmiles (almost $20 at Foodland)
    301,724 SDM pts (3 high level redemptions)
    17,700 PC plus #1
    471,995 PC plus #2 ( I have been redeeming and it feels great!!) Freezer is stocked. oh well we eat at home so it works for us.

$400.00 Grocery budget money carried over from last period (Should be light shopping (fresh stuff) the next while-so hope to grow this.

$439.05 Misc. budget money carried over from last period. This has gone down but that is what it is for and I didn't have to touch savings.

September month plan. Plan meals and shop for fresh stuff only. Post stuff for sale and build the hockey money jar!

Enjoy nature! We love visiting parks and hiking trails this time of year with a picnic. Free entertainment!
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since I have such a high grocery amount pushed forward I decided to buy a $150 gift card at Foodland and received 200 air miles ($ 20 free groceries) I will spend it wisely on sale items.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up today! Not many changes in points other then my bonus Airmiles are getting posted from promotions (buying gc and pasta sauce at FL)

I have transferred extra $$ in RRSP and moved money around in my TFSA. I hope to work on house projects this month to get more organized. (and keep me busy and not shopping) Freezer is stuffed so really need to stop shopping and use what we have. (plus the food in my mom's freezer I have- bacon and 14 packs of perogies for the winter months )
    Ciel, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget Clean up! Payday is Friday. For the month of October I am going to try and make it a frugal one. I have a Christmas account so still will shop if/when I find deals. Groceries- Really want to try and use up freezer stuff. Will only buy fresh stuff.
    No plans to redeem any points this month other then SDM if good sale/deals.

PC plus #1 $485.00
    PC plus #2 $31.00

SDM 301,000 (3 x $170 redemption and 2 x $10 redemption)
    Airmiles $80 for FL or Metro
    CT $ on the card $4.37 and a pile of paper money. Now that they stopped the 12x for the paper money when I get gas I will only be collecting on the card. Oh well. Once my Gift cards are done I will go back to RCSS for gas I think.

Credit cards
    CT M/C $22.15 Credit
    PC M/C $400+ credit (for hotel stay in October for hockey)

Hoping for a good spend free month and just really concentrate on selling junk and getting the house/garage ready for winter.
    macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up today!

So much for not buying too much for groceries in October. Bought 6 turkeys at .99LB and received 10,000 pc pts. Used one on the weekend for our family gathering so 5 left! So really trying to use what we have for November and only buy fresh stuff.
    Still have over $100 on Foodland gift card I bought for airmiles. Have been using it wisely on sale stuff.

PC pts #1 $550.00
    PC pts #2 $32.00

SDM 302,754 pts (Will be doing a redemption for sure this month for xmas/food)

Airmiles $60 for Foodland/Metro

CT $ on the card approx. $10 and have over $10 in paper money (will be using for a new frying pan when I find the deal)
    Still have about $500 in CT GC's for gas so will be collecting CT $ for the next few months.

Credit cards
    CT M/C $42.15 Credit (building credit for Costco shopping spree in New Year)
    PC M/C $200 Credit for hockey tournament next week.

Need to have a no spend month and just use up stuff we have. Posting stuff for sale to build our Summer fun jar as well
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Budget clean up today!

So much for not buying too much for groceries in October. Bought 6 turkeys at .99LB and received 10,000 pc pts. Used one on the weekend for our family gathering so 5 left! So really trying to use what we have for November and only buy fresh stuff.
    Still have over $100 on Foodland gift card I bought for airmiles. Have been using it wisely on sale stuff.

PC pts #1 $550.00
    PC pts #2 $32.00

SDM 302,754 pts (Will be doing a redemption for sure this month for xmas/food)

Airmiles $60 for Foodland/Metro

CT $ on the card approx. $10 and have over $10 in paper money (will be using for a new frying pan when I find the deal)
    Still have about $500 in CT GC's for gas so will be collecting CT $ for the next few months.

Credit cards
    CT M/C $42.15 Credit (building credit for Costco shopping spree in New Year)
    PC M/C $200 Credit for hockey tournament next week.

Need to have a no spend month and just use up stuff we have. Posting stuff for sale to build our Summer fun jar as well
    Used $20 in PC pts today from my extra card to stock up on a few things

6 x soft soap hand wash pumps .54 each
    4 x Heinz 1 L Ketchup $1.97 each
    5 x Dawn Ultra 2x dish soap .74 each
    6 x Halloween Carving kits and cupcake liners .14 cents each
    a few other little items
    Total was $21.49 ($20 pts) so $1.49 OOP

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Would like to get more Air Miles to have a $10 redemption or e-gift card this month.

Am entering any spending/coupon use into that day's spreadsheet and emailing the file to mys forelf everytime. Filing store receipts in an envelope and jotting down stores & amounts (losing and getting back a USB key really tweaked my recording habits-did not like trying to remember things I no longer had receipts for during the 8 days of MIA key).

Really liked having 1L bottles of dish detergent for $2 from CT, so I should stop chasing the 828ml $2 deals at other stores. Can use up the paper CT money I collect in between visits, so that is less cash money I have to spend.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget today! Same old. Bills all paid and money put in savings.

Not really spending too much this week.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaning up the budget today since payday is tomorrow.

Nothing exciting really. Re-jigging some things. Extra money from pay cheque (EI etc maxed out) is going to savings.
    I have a $65 credit on my hydro bill so hoping next month the bill is under that and is a wash. Because I know my heating bill will be up!

Tonight I plan on cleaning all the kitchen cupboards and seeing what I have to donate, toss and use up. I am going to try and not buy much for groceries the next few weeks and use up what we have.
    I need to pick a new purse out of my closet to start using and put away my summer purse. I shop at home .
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My 2016 goals are

1. save up for powder room renovations so no debt, we have the tiles, the vanity

2. put all of dh's pays to save up for vehicle maintenance to pay for the (body work/paint job, the springs, tune up) - DONE

3. Start to price match again, I've slacked off the last year and use snap save/checkout 51 (no cell phones here)

4. Get in the habit of taking meat of out of the freezer the night before so no boxed food (processed foods) which are expensive anyways

5. Save up my pc points, sdm points, swag bucks etc and only redeem for Christmas gifts, this saved us $1200 for gifts/expenses in December which was such a blessing.

new goal as of February 2016

6. Put dh's pays aside for home renovations - master bedroom & ds2's old room are being renovated in Early April

UPATE

My 2016 goals are

1. save up for powder room renovations so no debt, we have the tiles, the vanity - THE $ is all set aside just waiting for contractor to start in January 2017

2. put all of dh's pays to save up for vehicle maintenance to pay for the (body work/paint job, the springs, tune up) - DONE

3. Start to price match again, I've slacked off the last year and use snap save/checkout 51 (no cell phones here) - still working on

4. Get in the habit of taking meat of out of the freezer the night before so no boxed food (processed foods) which are expensive anyways - DOING AWESOME

5. Save up my pc points, sdm points, swag bucks etc and only redeem for Christmas gifts, this saved us $1200 for gifts/expenses in December which was such a blessing. - Just did 2x 95K and 1x 50K redemption weekend of November 26th & $800 in pc points, still have $160 remaining for Christmas gifts/expenses

new goal as of February 2016

6. master bedroom & ds2's old room - RENO Completed converted to rooms into Master suite - completed in May 2016 - SAVED UP & PAID CASH

- WORKING on New FINANCIAL goals for 2017!!!!
    Ciel, lizzie bargain and walkonby like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Starting to think about my 2017 Financial Goals. This year I have put my savings $ in my RRSP. I told myself I would do this till the end of this year and then decide my plan in January. I'm sure I will appreciate it come tax time.

House- I have a million things I want to do. The good thing is my man is very handy. It's just finding the time. The next time he has a few days off mid-week he will put the tiles down in kitchen (have all the stuff for this job- he did the powder room already) So I think I will write out a list of things to be done starting with the things that I have the supplies for already. Then decide what we need and look for items on sale. I really want to renovate one washroom and we can do it for the most part (will just hire plumper when needed) So back to saving up my Misc. money in my budget for this purpose and then start buying tub/vanity etc as I see deals. But I am ok waiting another year or 2 for this.

So once Christmas is done I will start on all this
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

With 2017 days away, here is the link to the 2017 Financial resolution thread.

Hoping to see some familiar faces and some new faces.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419382-...a/#post6722912
    lilo0003 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information