User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: 2016 financial resolutions.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My first goal is cut down on our eating out when we are paying. I will still be eating out as my job requires travel but work covers my meals when I am on the road.

We need to meal plan as well as plan and cook ahead, we have 3 freezers we need to use them to our benefit with homemade frozen meals.
    Have you tried once a month freezer cooking??

I tried several sites of 28 day meal planning and ended up with a huge number of healthy frozen meals for me, Mr P and the 3 penguins...and I only spent 1 day prepping and cooking for 28 days...Of course I's a SATP and have the time to spare for this kind of cooking..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We are hoping to use Mr P's airmiles and free hotel nights for a family holiday either in Europe visiting the families or Hawai'i...

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Great thread! 2015 was a great year for us as we finally figured out our finances and got on track for debt repayment. We won't be able to continue putting as much on our debt now as our daughter just started daycare as I had to return to work but we plan on putting whatever we can on there. Our 2016 goals are:

1. Continue paying off debt as quickly as possible
    2. Start using coupons again (I got out of practice and need to start paying more attention!)
    3. Start putting money away monthly for a wedding (we got engaged over Christmas!)
    4. Meal planning is key, so we don't waste food and leftovers
    5. Create a new budget for this new year to include new expenses, etc
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally dealt with some money that I had sitting in a bank account that I don't bank at. Opened new TFSA and TFSA-GIC's. Why pay for the interest. If I need the money I can take it out but it was silly having it sit there like that for years.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Great thread! 2015 was a great year for us as we finally figured out our finances and got on track for debt repayment. We won't be able to continue putting as much on our debt now as our daughter just started daycare as I had to return to work but we plan on putting whatever we can on there. Our 2016 goals are:

2. Start using coupons again (I got out of practice and need to start paying more attention!)
    3. Start putting money away monthly for a wedding (we got engaged over Christmas!)
    Congrats! Sounds like you have a great plan for this year!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Congratulations on your engagement and finding your financial balance (budgeting)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

it seems like everyone has a goal to reduce food waste. With the rising cost of food I can't afford to let it rot. I am working on a menu plan. 1st goal is clearing the freezer.
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-love this thread
    -trying to build up our savings -more so this year as house needs a lot of work done -new driveway ,new furnace down the road
    -never have credit card debt -we never have since getting it years ago
    -paid off line of credit 2 years ago and haven't used it since

-try not to waste food -gonna use up in freezer - in fact took some grapes and luncheon meat to my son's today had a lot -thought I would share

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Congratulations on your engagement..

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Congrats on the engagement!

I like doing my budget monthly because I find things come up to factor in lately... like accidents or hockey trips we don't know when for next Nov and dec.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the congrats We are very excited! Not sure when we will decide to have the wedding, but I figure its smart to start putting a little away. Although we both know we just want a small, quiet celebration

Have my budget file with me today ready to work on! Here we go!!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided to stop at TD on my way home and dump the 2 salad dressing jars full of change. $173.75 total! Will tuck in my wallet and decide what I'm putting it aside for. I'm thinking of beefing up my vacation account. I am on a mission to save save save this year.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned out the bag containing the contents of my console in car. OMG I have lots of gift cards to use up. Have started a "gift card" wallet. It is full. I will have to take the time to confirm amounts on all and total and list which stores etc and start using them. Have a bunch of pre-paid Visa's (over $200 worth!!) so that will be the start of my New Spring wardrobe shopping in March/April! Been putting it off for years but this is the year!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up. Payday is tomorrow. Moved forward $129.38 for Groceries and $334.08 for Misc.!

Need to write out my honey do list and get some things done around the inside of the house before Spring since we will want to be outside. Most of the inside jobs do not need any money spent, have all supplies on hand (put up light fixture, painting!! and put the new tiles in the kitchen ) Plus a million other little things. Since I am holding off on the basement for a bit I think I want to replace the backsplash and countertop in the kitchen. I will look around but think I will save that for next winter. The our economy is right now I think not spending is best.
    saundyl, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Interior Design Show is coming up soon. Maybe there will be show specials on tiles? Concord ON has a few tile suppliers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information