User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: 2016 financial resolutions.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    I think I'm going to try YNAB?
    So far I'm liking it and the first month is free!
    ROMEO, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

It looks pretty awesome from what I can tell. I don't like having to pay, but I also do not have time to input receipts manually etc.
    Ciel, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    says the lady who keeps food in her mother's freezer (just pulling your leg)
    I know! lol. It's still there because we want to use up what we have already! (But I'm craving perogies now lol- I need to go look and see what else is there)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We use YNAB & we able to buy it on sale so it was only 6.00. I know they are making changes so its not as cheap but I like it. I could never track before and YNAB can download all my bank/credit card just like Quicken so no sharing of passwords like mint. The only one I cant do is Tangerine and they don't have a download option, I guess you get what you pay for.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and opinion. I thougt and thought and thought and kept thinking about myself and buying more tides, gains, dessanges, mail-in-rebate products, paper products etc and here's what i saw in my heart.
    I have a love for paper towels and i just ADORE my papertowels. But i havent bought any for atleast 6 or 7 months. That'sbecause i have a supply worth atleast 4 years. After calculating everything i stopped buying papertowels a long time ago. So that part is done!
    About other products...i think once i realize how many months/years worth of stockpile i have i will stop buying these products. But i just cant pass up a free or money maker deal. I just dont have enough guts to let it go. I think i should start being nice to my neighbours and share these things with them niw.

Now about the money part: as an SC by heart we do have a budget for everything. Even for the"deals" too. So everything i buy for my stockpile comes out of this deals packet. This way i dont have to spend anything from my grocery budget and some of my grocery budget gets carries forward to the next 15 days of our paychek. Just like what frugalbigmom does it here.

Meh! Long story short i should just admit that i cant stop. Lol. Sorry for my long post.
    Ciel, macw1960, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@amira84 : You can't undo years of shopping habits in a day. It takes conscious practice. I stopped when I thought about how much space it was taking up and I should have more of my basement. I'm really not sure why, because we don't use it anyways. But if it suddenly went because there was a flood or something happened, I'd be annoyed that I spent time and effort on piling it. Ideally, I think I'd want a six month supply and no more. I shop for my family too, so it's easy to justify purchases, but I realize that it's just fueling my shopping addiction. Not helpful.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @amira84 : You can't undo years of shopping habits in a day. It takes conscious practice. I stopped when I thought about how much space it was taking up and I should have more of my basement. I'm really not sure why, because we don't use it anyways. But if it suddenly went because there was a flood or something happened, I'd be annoyed that I spent time and effort on piling it. Ideally, I think I'd want a six month supply and no more. I shop for my family too, so it's easy to justify purchases, but I realize that it's just fueling my shopping addiction. Not helpful.
    And shopping takes time. I don't mind it sometimes but for the most part I want to enjoy life and be outside etc and be with my people
    JadeAngel, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You know what? I have a proud confession to make here. Everytime hubby and I talk about my "no more shopping for deals" topic, i tell him that i will probably stop it once i have this much worth of products accumulated. For example...once i have 2,3 yrs worth of these supplies but then MY HUBBY tells me that i will forget how to shop smart. Now he doesnt want me to stop.

And by household supplies, i dont mean toothpaste, mouthwash etc. Eeewwww.. i cant kerp these things sitting in my stockpile for that long. I keep a stock of only 6,7 toothpastes in my stockpile so about 6 months worth of supply. I am talking about other stuff like laundry, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex etc. Although i try to limit my purchase.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

ARG!!! DH thought he chipped a filling last week when eating. Went to the dentist today and he fractured the tooth. They have to pull it. Options to fix it could run us up to $4000 if he opts for the implantation. Hoping his insurance covers some of that. 1 step forward, 10 steps back Feeling so stressed about money and everything in general. I'm really having a hard time managing life at the moment
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@wimbly11 : You sound like me two years ago. A newborn, DH needing an implant...

Things got better, and then they got worse. Well, hopefully it doesn't go worse for you, but finances are a roller coaster! I certainly hate that down feeling!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@amira84 because of you and your stockpile stories, I'm back to couponing more so because I used the last of my laundry detergent stockpile, I had enough for 2 years and it didn't go bad. I desperately need to stockpile laundry detergent, dish soap and meats.
    saundyl, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@amira84 because of you and your stockpile stories, I'm back to couponing more so because I used the last of my laundry detergent stockpile, I had enough for 2 years and it didn't go bad. I desperately need to stockpile laundry detergent, dish soap and meats.
    If you use dawn and can get the coupons Canadian tire has dawn on sale for 1.98 a bottle.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Ciel, macw1960 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the compliments, jasper.
    @wimbly11 i feel sorry for you. I hope things get better for you soon. Just look at the things you have for now, and look at those who dont have as much as you have for now. I am sure you are still doing better than some others. Best of luck for everything.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

@sweet sparrow Thank you. This year has been rough for me so far. Not just financially, but in several other areas of my life, so I'm really struggling. Everything is starting to crush me and I feel like I can't breathe anymore.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    @sweet sparrow Thank you. This year has been rough for me so far. Not just financially, but in several other areas of my life, so I'm really struggling. Everything is starting to crush me and I feel like I can't breathe anymore.
    @wimbly11 so sorry that you're dealing with life struggles, I can certainly relate my mood has been a rut for a quite sometime and some days are better than others.

If I may make a suggestion, fight your battles, some things we cannot control no matter how much we try/pray/hold our breath, rejig our budgets, take things off the budgets, plan and re-plant etc BUT thankfully some areas of life we can control (hugs) Hope things improve for you and your family
    Ciel likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information