User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree453Likes

Thread: Stop or keep going? (Dessange)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

############# Discussion #############

I just looked at my stockpile and i have 8 sets of dessanges now. 7 x shampoo+serum combo, 1 x conditioner+serum combo. Everything was money maker. Considering i am the only one who uses hair products, they're going to last atleast 1 year. So should i stop buying it even if it's a money maker or should i keep going if it's a money maker worth getting out in the cold?

What do you think? What are you doing for yourself? How many sets of dessanges do you have by now? When are we going to say "stop the madness!"
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    hcao, Decaf, Ladybug2011 and 8 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I can't comment on the quality of the product as I never bought any, but I would call the manufacturer and ask how long the product is good for. Have you ever had a cream-based shampoo that separated into layers? Or a conditioner that became watery over time? It's not worth accumulating if it's gone off, and then consider how much time you spend going to the shops, uploading the receipt, paying off that credit card, and making possible unplanned purchases, that's a lot of work to save a few dollars (assuming the product is past the expiry date, which is possible if you already have a year's worth and also have other products).
    Tweets77, Angela273, Decaf and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep going, pros ..
    - gets you shoppers points
    - uses up Shoppers GC to convert to cashback
    - free product, which you can use, share, gift or donate
    - keeps the creative juices flowing on figuring out how to optimize all your promotions in 1 deal
    - the emotional thrill of the deal
    - for me, it's pure fun

Con..
    - your time (& administration)
    - commuting costs (if any)
    - storage space
    Last edited by rockco; Fri, Jan 1st, 2016 at 05:58 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've never heard of the brand, but if you like it, have enough to last you a year.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I say keep going, especially if its a money maker. You can always put it in a basket for a gift with a few other products that you saved a lot on. It makes you look so good and hardly costs anything.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If you're the only person using then I think 8 sets of hair products are more than enough. I've learned the hard way when my stockpile of expensive cosmetic and skincare went bad.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good call

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    If you're the only person using then I think 8 sets of hair products are more than enough. I've learned the hard way when my stockpile of expensive cosmetic and skincare went bad.
    rockco and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been debating purchasing these products for weeks. I went crazy when the glade wax melts warmers were money makers and I got 20 - I have 5 left as I gifted them. If you're genuinely going to use the product I say go for it but if you can't use them then either gift them, donate them or stop accumulating.

My resolution this year is to stop accumulating stuff just because it's free or a money maker. I have so much Snuggle and glade and Garnier stuff I ran out of space in my stockpile

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can I get a Hallelujah.......I think some of the stock pile pics that get posted on here, makes some people wish their pantry was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by missmaggs View Post
    I've been debating purchasing these products for weeks. I went crazy when the glade wax melts warmers were money makers and I got 20 - I have 5 left as I gifted them. If you're genuinely going to use the product I say go for it but if you can't use them then either gift them, donate them or stop accumulating.

My resolution this year is to stop accumulating stuff just because it's free or a money maker. I have so much Snuggle and glade and Garnier stuff I ran out of space in my stockpile
    Last edited by beachdown; Fri, Jan 1st, 2016 at 10:02 AM.
    rockco likes this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Wait! I missed something... what deal is this ?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yup. Everyone is right. I have enough for 1 year and i don't want to see it go bad in front of my eyes. I love this product. I have not had the problem of "waxy hair" since i started using this shampoo.
    So i guess if it's a huge money maker in terms of cashback or points i'll keep buying and start giving them away to my neighbours. I am going to be a favourite neighbour from now on.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    Wait! I missed something... what deal is this ?
    O M G! Mommy, how can you miss this deal? It's been going on for quite a few weeks now. Go to snap by groupon thread and ead rocko's posts. He/she has summed up how to do the transaction successfully. Go go go!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I'm blind, cannot find the link to that thread! Just looked @ snap and the Dessange is all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    O M G! Mommy, how can you miss this deal? It's been going on for quite a few weeks now. Go to snap by groupon thread and ead rocko's posts. He/she has summed up how to do the transaction successfully. Go go go!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Make the most of your money makers by donating to the right cause. Ask for tax receipts, sell in garage sales, swap for other items or services such as the neighbour cutting your lawn, brownie points for donating such as schools and churches, look for charities that give free tickets (movies, plays, admission) for donations, use as gifts for coworkers -new baby, weddings, retirement etc.
    Thumpersmom, MillieH, Cata and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information