User Tag List

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Great job on the menus everyone, all sounds delicious!!
    I spent the day in a seminar for people new to diabetes and learned a ton, I need to focus on eating more little meals, I find I get very woozy when I leave it too long!!
    An easy supper tonight, a lite Caesar salad and broiled chicken breast, will get more creative tomorrow!!!
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Seems like I ate a bit too much at dinner, I have not felt discomfort after any of my meals since starting Jan 1st. I made the mistake of offering to deep fry some home made chips for DD, that smell! Anyways I ate 40 grams worth using up some of my points on that before I even had started prepping my own meal. Still under my 30 limit but I think I'll be sipping water for the rest of the night, maybe a nice peppermint tea to settle the tum tum.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Seems like I ate a bit too much at dinner, I have not felt discomfort after any of my meals since starting Jan 1st. I made the mistake of offering to deep fry some home made chips for DD, that smell! Anyways I ate 40 grams worth using up some of my points on that before I even had started prepping my own meal. Still under my 30 limit but I think I'll be sipping water for the rest of the night, maybe a nice peppermint tea to settle the tum tum.
    It's just not worth it, is it, Walkonby? Sorry your tummy's a little yucky...Harbie and I will join you in a cuppa peppermint tea. I started having it when my IBS kicked in and got hooked on it; I use it now generally after I eat to keep my tummy from getting too upset if I have a nibble on a lettuce leaf or some such...I think it's too late to have one now....Walks, I'm having such trouble getting in all my points!! I must be really stingy with myself; after breakfast, snack and lunch, I spent only about 7 points if that! And I'm not hungry...I literally forget to eat.
    I used to say that you've got to be some kind of stupid to forget to eat, but that's what I'm doing...that will have to change if I want to lose weight. Although...it's working so far!!

Dinner was a nice big stir-fry, however, lots of veggies, bean sprouts, a smidge of stir-fry sauce (I thought it would be better than my normal Hoisin sauce which I could eat with a spoon! ) and Hubby finely sliced the two pork loin chops from last night into it and it was wonderful. I took a plateful but my eyes were bigger than my tummy and I couldn't finish it...I had most of the veggies, but not so much of the pork...

Well!!! Tara, getting your place in order to work out! Good for you, Babe!!
    Everyone else seems to be doing really well...very motivated, all of you! We have a good crew on here supporting each other, sharing recipes and generally keeping our spirits up while we're on this journey together. I love that expression about dieting: "No one said it would be easy. But they did say it would be WORTH IT." So true.

Toodles everyone...sweet dreams!!

Sorry WALKONBY...it's a Doxie again!

...I have a picture of Jenny cuddled under a blanket but I can't seem to get it sized to fit on here anywhere....it's SO frustrating!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Not hiding either just working.

So I did get motivated yesterday and did go for a walk and ended up doing 3kms. Super proud of myself since it was FREEZING!.

Since I worked today I didn't go for a walk but plan on it tomorrow. I do house cleaning and they are for very large homes ( average 6000 sqft ) so with all the up and down the stairs (I avoid the elevator) and bending and lifting I work up a good heart rate.

I did go to the inlaws for dinner last night. I controlled myself and even though I wanted to inhale the entire platter of schnitzel and fixings I didn't. I had a small piece of schnitzel and filled up the rest of the plate with salad and lots of water. Finished the night with peppermint tea

Tonight I made the rest of those Indian cutlets and I served it with an AMAZING roasted beet salad. I roasted some beets and served them over mixed greens and topped with apple wedges, toasted almonds and some fets( I didn't have goat cheese). I made a dressing of balsamic, EVOO, orange zest and fresh juice and grated garlic. It was so delicious and light.

I am keeping up with my peppermint tea at night and if I'm still craving some sweets I'm grabbing an apple instead of junk. Again , I know that I will never avoid sweets,etc totally but now I have more balance.

Off to bed cause 5am comes quickly Have a great night everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

On the run this morning, first day of this sessions painting class.

Now, regarding cauliflower. Hubby and I love the stuff as a substitute for mashed potatoes/rice, so when we heard about the prices (and lack of the stuff totally here), we said we'd pick up more bags of frozen cauliflower. Well guess what? NONE! Anywere!! So today after painting we're heading to Costco on the way home and I HOPE there's some frozen cauliflower there. The NERVE of other people stocking up on the stuff.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later today. Breakfast was a smoothie: 1C almond milk, 1 cup frozen (thawed) mixed berries, 1 egg, sweetner. Jenny and I shared...

Take good care!!!!
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Afternoon all! A great start to my day ( slipped onto the scale first thing when I got up ) So thrilled to see another one bites the dust!
    ( another pound that is ) I said I was not going to daily weigh but, but, but I can't stop that habit.
    So far though it is 9 lbs gone since Jan 1st!!
    @harbie I sure do applaud you going out in freezing temps! That will pay off healthwise.
    The only thing I am doing is the stretches assigned to me from Dr's at the Chiro and Physio Clinic, that is enough for me now anyway.

Had a full 6 oz of rainbow trout as my breakfast today, with the usual sauteed veggies and just oatmeal. Skipped the omelet today.
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Afternoon all! A great start to my day ( slipped onto the scale first thing when I got up ) So thrilled to see another one bites the dust!
    ( another pound that is ) I said I was not going to daily weigh but, but, but I can't stop that habit.
    @harbie I sure do applaud you going out in freezing temps! That will pay off healthwise.
    The only thing I am doing is the stretches assigned to me from Dr's at the Chiro and Physio Clinic, that is enough for me now anyway.

Had a full 6 oz of rainbow trout as my breakfast today, with the usual sauteed veggies and just oatmeal. Skipped the omelet today.
    Congratulations! You are rockin' it!
    TaraF, Lynn49, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yay @walkonby !!!!! (I just had to add the llama cause it made me giggle ).

I started the day with another smoothie. Today I made one with the usual skim milk, Greek yogurt , banana and then I added a small amount of coco powder, peanut butter and blueberries. It was my PBJ&chocolate B smoothie. It kinda tasted like a pb&j with a touch of peanut butter and banana. Yum

The sun is shining and a bit on the cooler side so it was ideal for a walk. The pup and I went to meet DH for lunch and then we continued our walk. 4 km total for today, yay me! While it didn't take the screaming headache I woke up with but it did relive it a bit. Since I had the stroller I got a really good work out. The stroller is about 30pounds and pup is just under 20lbs so I get some great resistance when going up hill like I did today. My heart rate definitely went up

I'm off to finish the laundry for work tomorrow. Now I just need some inspiration for dinner.....I have a lot of roasted beets leftover. Anyone have any suggestions? I have things like butternut squash and kale and stuff.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good for you, Punkin!!
    My weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see what happens...I've forgotten where I started out in the 2 weeks I did WW at home...hmph, so it' won't show but a couple of pounds for the week, I imagine...Ooh! I think I posted it earlier...8 lbs or something...I'll have to check.

Long day at painting so Hubby's making us ham and eggs and I'm having a toast with that...no time for lunch, so that'll have to do. He makes wonderful soft centre eggs...

You're all doing so well....HARBIE, wow on the walks!! Good for you, now that's dedication!!!
    Not sure what you can do for dinner, you'll need a protein...wish I could help. As for kale: ...I can't get into it!!

Oops, dinner's on!

Toodles for now!
    TaraF, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fresh cauliflower on sale 2/$5 at RCSS tomorrow?????!!!!!! I told Hubby he'd better be up bright and EARLY in the morning!!!
    Mia001, TaraF, harbie and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Wow. Can you guys believe tomorrow is 1/2 way through the month already? Crazy! I don't run but thought this was cute. lol Will keep it in mind when stepping it out on the health walker.

Name:  cf30494d3033b6701a6b52c5669d1737.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  9.9 KB

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Lynn49 you don't like kale??? I totally LOVE it. Maybe it's because I know it's so good for me or maybe I do actually like it. I find if I eat it raw I massage the leaves which tenderizes them and makes them taste less bitter.
    @TaraF Mmmmmmmm Channing Tatum :D I would learn to run if he was at the end

I ended up roasting the butternut squash and warming up the beets and adding it to the kale and quinoa I cooked and made the same dressing as last night with the orange, etc (citrus helps your body absorb the iron more effectively). Now for some peppermint tea and then off to bed.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lol!!! this is long-ish but the lyrics are pretty funny!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

not hiding at all....i just found myself posting too much

oh boy ! there won't be any easy one !....
    hello everyone, i don't think i'll be able to do it.....but i must, must, must....
    45 grams of glucide a meal + 4@6 hours between meals + little snacks if i feel the need and manage to find some time for exercising....

Walkonby ,
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WALKONBY...LOLOL!! "the icecream truck is the only reason I run..."??!! OMG!!
    That was hilarious, thank you!!
    I've passed it to our DD and I know she'll be passing it along to her skinny dieting friends, too! hahaha!!!

Well, Hubby's left for RCSS to see if they really do have cauliflower in stock........I'm not holding my breath.

Weigh-in day at WW today, fingers crossed!!

Another day of health eating (see, Curt81? fast leaner...)...off to have hmmm...not sure what, probably a nice refreshing smoothie for breakfast ... fruit with a scoop of protein powder or an egg.

Have a lovely, healthier day, everyone!!!
    TaraF, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information