User Tag List

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am with Herbie in that I do not restrict myself just try to be careful. I know I am the type of person if you tell I cannot have something not only will I have it but then eat 3 times more then I normally would.

I admit right now there is no exercise in my life other then walking for work. I am trying to get used to being on my feet again well working with our counter staff. As well this past trip did not go as well eating wise as I would have liked but I made the best choices I could based on the situation and don't worry too much about it.

I know I am an over thinker which actually gets me in a lot of trouble, like I cannot decide what to eat as no options seem right and I over think it to the point I just do not eat which is actually worse. It used to take me hours to make my work food because I over thought everything I packed now I just try to make the best choices I can.

Right now my main goal is getting back to my little meals during the day, now with so much going on I find I get distracted even if I set reminders (I go oh yeah dismiss it and keep doing what I was doing if I am not at my desk) so this is my goal. I will work from there
    harbie, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning troops! Harbie, yes, it has been a tad quiet in here.
    I've had very gratifying weight losses since Jan 1 ( each week ) so I have resisted posting in this thread everyday as it may come off as boastful and we are all about the support in here!
    This a.m. was a shocker indeed! ( when I weighed myself ) I even moved the scale to 4 different spots on the hard floor to be sure it was no glitch. It showed an amazing 4 lbs lost since last Sat. geesh! I am only aiming for 2 per week, so bonus!
    However.......I will wait until Sat to re-weigh and then actually document this loss in my calendar because you just never know what can happen in 2 days, the body and scales are fickle. ( I sympathize with your stuck scale @Lynn49 , but stay strong! )
    Almost time for my breakfast!! ( or brunch? ) So surprised I slept in till 10:00 a.m. today!
    harbie, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Lynn49 I actually prebaked the crust but I had to do it on a baking sheet that was lined with parchment and a light spray of non stick spray like the recipe called for. I just though maybe a pizza stone would make it crispy since I would dust it with say cornmeal. I don't know. Maybe I'll borrow my MILs before I purchase one. Regardless it was really good! I'm sure the roasted tomatoes and goat cheese helped too . Try not to sweat the lack of loss. We all plateau and it will correct itself in the end. I'd love to learn to knit. Maybe I'll give it a try when I'm recovering (depending on how long I've got to wait until I can resume my walks and I'm hoping it's not too long). I've never done crockpot oatmeal. I LOVE Indian food and the cardamom spice. It's so warm and yummy. You can always adjust it to your liking.

@SassyAshley if you completely deprive yourself you're bound to break. Not to mention that when you're changing your eating habits there is a "detox" that you experience. Your body is so used to certain things it's a shock to the system to go cold turkey! Life is all about moderation.

@walkonby it's not boasting it's excitement! You're working hard and should be proud of what you accomplish! I was just saying to my mom today that there are some ladies here that are 10,13 and 17 lbs lost since January 1 and while "I'm only down 5 lbs" I don't get discouraged because 5 lbs is 5 lbs I used to be carrying, I'm not on a plan of weight loss, and everyone's body is different. DH looses by just cutting out dessert and I need a lot more work (darn men! ). I personally love to hear about eveyones losses. It only encourages me to keep moving ahead.

I just got back from a 6 km walk. I was able to drag my parents out, meaning my mom. She is always fighting going for walks but I got her out today! We walked that long because my dad wanted to hit up the 2 McD's in town so he could get his FREE latte and stickers :D. The rain held off and we had a blast!
    Last edited by harbie; Thu, Jan 28th, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Final walk count for the day was 8 km. I made my rice cauliflower with general Tsao sauce and chicken breast with a large green salad on the side. Got my cup of peppermint tea and I'm winding down for the night. I'm working tomorrow so my "exercise" is cleaning the just over 6000 sqft house!

Good night all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ONly a .7 loss at WW this morning, but that happens and although I'm always disappointed when it does, I know it's just a glitch and this diet worked for me before and it'll work for me again. No worries.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ONly a .7 loss at WW this morning, but that happens and although I'm always disappointed when it does, I know it's just a glitch and this diet worked for me before and it'll work for me again. No worries.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
    BEST attitude ever Lynn! The great part about this ( WW ) is knowing that it DOES work. I'll post my " official " loss tomorrow morning when I weigh in. Catching DH's cold has affected my appetite a bit, is anyone ever really hungry when they are sneezing and sniffling? gah! I am very grateful it was not a FLU.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Lynn49 hey .7 is still a loss but you got the right attitude. Sometimes we stall a bit but it will move in the right direction soon.
    @walkonby I hope you feel better soon. Colds suck!

No walking for me yesterday since I worked the huge house. That was enough exercise for me
    Dh and I went to a retirement get together but I made sure we ate at home first. Dh had a bit of lasagna and I made spaghetti squash and I made a sauce made up of roasted tomatoes until they burst, lots of fresh garlic, wilted spinach and a touch of goat cheese and a splash of water. It was really delicious I bought some breaded chicken breasts from Costco that have whole wheat and seeds and stuff that I baked as well. Such a good meal and filling without bloating and making it easy to go out later that night.

I woke up with another massive headache(not because of a late night. We were home by 10). I can't wait until the surgery is over so I can take Advil when I get these headaches! ARRRRRRRRRGGG! Anyways I'm planing on walking today to see if that will help relieve the pain. I'd better get moving cause it looks like it's going to rain

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Long week for me. I was away for business and have very little control over my meals. So I am up. But I find as long as I get right back at it I will be down soon enough. I walked a lot though. If we were not in meetings I was walking so I had three days of over 15000 steps. Not to mention there was far more wine consumed than usual
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Great job on the losses everyone.
    I wanted to report the pumpkin loaf held up well in the freezer. I cut it into servings sizes and wrapped tightly. It was just as moist after a week in the freezer. My 15 yr old loved it to and so I will be making it again.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

jeepers!! I totally forgot to post in here this morning! I posted it on my WW online profile page ( must have thought I was here )
    So another 3.5 lbs lost this week! This has been really encouraging so far since Jan 1st I am down 17 lbs
    February I suspect my body will adjust and I may start to slow down, and lose just the 2 lbs per week. I prefer that tbh, because I think it is healthier to lose it slower.
    So weird because I am doing nothing different this time, ( as compared to other times I have " dieted " ) so I just don't know why my losses have been higher each week?
    Oh well never look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose!
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It is just coming down in buckets today so I caved and got a 10 swipe pass at the gym. I hate doing it but with only 5 days until surgery I want to make sure I can exercise every day despite the weather. So today I didn't 4km on the treadmill at 3.2mph speed and did th random hills and inclines. Then I hit the elliptical for 30 min! Omg! It's been so long since I've done the elliptical but man do I love it! I was drenched from working so hard but I feel AMAZING!!!!

Going to take a shower and then it time to run some errands. Maybe I'm going to get a little snack first. Anyone have any suggestions for the perfect easy snack after a workout? It has to be tasty too

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :D

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    It is just coming down in buckets today so I caved and got a 10 swipe pass at the gym. I hate doing it but with only 5 days until surgery I want to make sure I can exercise every day despite the weather. So today I didn't 4km on the treadmill at 3.2mph speed and did th random hills and inclines. Then I hit the elliptical for 30 min! Omg! It's been so long since I've done the elliptical but man do I love it! I was drenched from working so hard but I feel AMAZING!!!!

Going to take a shower and then it time to run some errands. Maybe I'm going to get a little snack first. Anyone have any suggestions for the perfect easy snack after a workout? It has to be tasty too

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday :D
    I am no expert on what to eat AFTER because I am not working out but I googled and these sound so yummy!

http://noshandnourish.com/content/he...oa-pizza-bites

or for a sweet treat these

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/01...granola-bites/

this would be my fav!

Post-workout snack: Omelet made with 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites with sautéed onions and red bell peppers, plus a bowl of chopped fruit (including pineapple)

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Morning Everyone! You are all doing so great!

Harbie, I hope your surgery goes well!

Happy Belated Birthday Walkonby!

As of this morning, I've moved the scale down 1.4lbs over the last week. Feeling a lot less bloated as well
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am hoping to be in my home location for the week which should really help with my eating.

Yesterday I made a few things to keep in the fridge so now I just need to put in a container each day to bring with me to work. So far so good today had granola just after 7 and soon I will head into the main office and heat up my Apple Oatmeal. Yes I eat 2 breakfast each day, since I get up at 5 am I cannot make it to lunch without 2 breakfast.

I also have lunch which is left over Potato soup and my afternoon snack is cookie dough yogurt which is basically my homemade yogurt with a drizzle of almond butter, a squirt of Honey and a pinch of salt and for some crunch I added some chopped almonds.

Tonight's dinner is what leftovers as our fridge is bursting so I will see what I feel like when I get home but right now I am thinking it will be sliced chicken on kale salad, but that might change by the time I am done work.
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

O.K. are the invisible saboteurs at play here? I will show you this image and then tell you what it is about.

I was doing the early a.m. driving, dropping off DD to work, then off to Chiro, Physio, THEN I hit up NF for literally like 3 items.....I take my cart back to the Corral and just as I go to pop it in to get my .25 back, I see THAT chocolate bar sitting in the front part of the other cart!? Quick scan around me in the lot, could not really notice anyone loading stuff in their car.
    No bag or receipt was with it, it had not been tampered with at all. Plus the large bar was not all that cold so I was thinking maybe not sitting in the cart that long?
    Of all the cruel twists of fate ( Dark Chocolate too! ....my favourite! )
    So I brought it home and placed it in the door of the freezer behind all the things no one ever looks at. DH laughed when I showed him the bar, just not sure whether I'll let DD know it's there.... I said to him why could I not have found like 3 giant Cauliflowers or something instead!??

Temptation!!! You will not get me today.
    harbie, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information