User Tag List

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Glad to hear are doing well after your surgery!

We had our favorite Greek chicken for supper last night, I thought I would share the recipe since its fairly healthy and from scratch

Greek Chicken:
    1 cup Greek Yogurt (I use the 0%)
    1 tbsp Dried Oregano
    Fresh Parsley
    1 to 2 tbsp Olive Oil
    Juice from one small lemon
    4 Garlic cloves, minced.
    4 Chicken Breasts

Combine everything and let marinate in the fridge for 30-60 mins. Remove from marinate and then bake @ 375 for 45 to 60 minutes. DH likes to add a little bit of Feta to his.
    @beckie.c sounds almost the same as the chix wings I marinated for Super Bowl! That 0% Greek Yogurt is the bomb!! ( to quote a line from a familiar ad, " I put that sh*t on everything! " lol )
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Woohoo! My dang scale FINALLY shifted!! I'm down 2 lbs since my weigh-in at WW on Friday!! I'm taking in more calories, so I guess that's doing the trick!!

Walkonby, Dear, you and I both know, however, that it's my Superbowl wine that did it!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Woohoo! My dang scale FINALLY shifted!! I'm down 2 lbs since my weigh-in at WW on Friday!! I'm taking in more calories, so I guess that's doing the trick!!

Walkonby, Dear, you and I both know, however, that it's my Superbowl wine that did it!
    lol!! Yes The Spirits kicked that metabolism up a notch!! So glad that your scale budged in the right direction.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    lol!! Yes The Spirits kicked that metabolism up a notch!! So glad that your scale budged in the right direction.
    Thank you, Walkonby...honestly, it was really getting me down. I know this dang diet works, I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong: I was eating 3 good, healthy meals a day, plus 2 snacks, but I cut my calories down so low, my metabolism screeched to a halt.
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Harbie happy to see you are doing well, now is the time to rest and relax and heal everything else will get back to normal when the time is right.
    harbie and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Busy morning, off to painting class soon, but I just rec'd this recipe from the "HungryGirl" site and thought I'd post them here....we enjoy spaghetti squash (use it for our spaghetti and meatball dinners), and of course, meatloaf...hope you like them!
    And Walkonby: she calculates Smart Points!!
    1/4th of recipe: 211 calories, 5.5g total fat (2.5g sat fat), 709mg sodium, 27g carbs, 6g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 14.5g protein -- SmartPoints™ value 3*

We still can't get over the fact that a massive hunk of this crave-worthy dish has just 211 calories...

Prep: 15 minutes
    Cook: 1 hour and 25 minutes
    Cool: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 spaghetti squash (at least 4 1/2 lbs.)
    1 cup chopped mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
    1 1/4 tsp. onion powder
    1 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
    1 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1 1/2 oz. (about 24 slices) turkey pepperoni, chopped
    1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
    1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup sliced black olives
    1 tbsp. chopped basil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large pie pan with nonstick spray.

Microwave squash for 6 minutes, or until soft enough to cut. Once cool enough to handle, halve lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Fill a large baking pan with 1/2 inch water and place squash halves in the pan, cut sides down.

Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and 1/4 tsp. each onion powder and garlic powder. Cook and stir until veggies have slightly softened and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.

Remove squash from oven, but leave oven on. Use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash strands. Place in a strainer to drain excess moisture.

Thoroughly blot dry, removing as much moisture as possible. Transfer 5 cups squash strands to a large bowl. (Reserve any extra squash for another time.)

Add remaining 1 tsp. each onion powder and garlic powder to the bowl. Add canned crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, pepperoni, egg whites/substitute, and cooked veggies. Mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to the pie pan and smooth out the surface.

Bake until slightly firm, about 25 minutes.

Sprinkle with cheese, olives, and basil. Bake until cheese has melted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.

Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Spaghetti Squash Alternatives: Save time by cooking it in the microwave; save effort by making it in a slow cooker. Click for the full 411. For MORE delicious low-cal recipes!!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I should have tried this one on Pancake Day!

Cauliflower Latkes

1/2 of recipe (3 latkes): 183 calories, 7g total fat (1g sat fat), 463mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 6.5g sugars,11.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5* -- SmartPoints™ value 3*

Prep: 15 minutes
    Cook: 30 minutes

Cool: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

4 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
    1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites
    1/4 cup shredded onion, thoroughly patted dry
    1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
    1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Optional toppings: light sour cream and chopped scallions, unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon
    Directions:

Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs, working in batches as needed.

Place cauliflower crumbs in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes.

Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 3 1/2 minutes, or until hot and soft.

Transfer cauliflower crumbs to a fine-mesh strainer to drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.

Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), firmly press out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower crumbs in the strainer—there will be a lot of liquid!

Return cauliflower crumbs to the large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients except olive oil. Mix until uniform.

Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray, and drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil. Bring to medium heat. Take 1/3rd of the mixture, and divide it into 2 mounds in the skillet. Flatten each mound into a patty about 1/4 inch thick. Cook until slightly crispy, lightly browned, and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, flipping carefully. Transfer to paper towels to soak up excess oil.

Repeat this process twice with remaining 2 tsp. olive oil and 2/3rd of mixture, adding the oil carefully to avoid splattering, for a total of 6 latkes.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmm, both of those sound perfect @Lynn49 ! btw, I stocked up on my low fat Mozz today!! lol
    harbie, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Walkonby, I'm making a cauliflower-crust pizza for dinner tonight using your recipe, thank you!!
    The cheese, 3 oz grated, comes to 6SP, and the rest is pretty much free, right? Meh, some for the tomato sauce maybe, because there's always added sugar, although I haven't calculated it, yet...

Oops...Hubby's got the van warmed up, snow cleared off, I'm off to WW to get weighed...

Toodles for now, will post my loss, fingers crossed!!

Have a healthy day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Down 2.4 lbs!!!

That's my official WW weigh-in this afternoon! Eating more points as per my counsellor worked!
    I'm no longer stuck in limbo. So excited!

I hope everyone had a successful week and enjoys a lovely Valentine's Day!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 12th, 2016 at 02:03 PM.
    TaraF, harbie, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Congrats @Lynn49 on the loss!!!. I hope everyone is still going strong.

So today marks 1 week since I went in for surgery and I'm feeling good .

I still am limited to short walks and still taking the antinflamitories and the occasional pain killer but for the most part feeling good. I did venture out to Costco today with my mom to pick up (I didn't actually pick things up ) a few things and stopped by the post office to mail some stuff. It was wonderful to be out of the house and the block I've been limited to this week. I did overdo it and had to come home and take a painkiller and I'm EXHAUSTED! Just goes with that territory.

I've been fairly careful with my eating since I came home. I wanted to stay with the healthy foods and high fibre to help with ththe recovery and I've done well. MIL made a big box filled with meals for DH and I that consisted of soups and dahls (lemon was my fave although I did really like th spinach one too). I did have some homemade biscotti and bread she made :O Shhhhhhhh!

Im off for a small nap before DH comes home for dinner

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!

Walkonby, I'm making a cauliflower-crust pizza for dinner tonight using your recipe, thank you!!
    The cheese, 3 oz grated, comes to 6SP, and the rest is pretty much free, right? Meh, some for the tomato sauce maybe, because there's always added sugar, although I haven't calculated it, yet...

Oops...Hubby's got the van warmed up, snow cleared off, I'm off to WW to get weighed...

Toodles for now, will post my loss, fingers crossed!!

Have a healthy day, everyone!!
    you got it Lynn! I use some Parm and some lowest fat Mozz, but yes around 6 SP for the whole pizza! Now do you top with any meats?
    I used just a few slices of that VERY forgiving Pillers Turkey pepperoni, and the Tapas salami discs which are nearly negligible. My tomato sauce is homemade preserves, just tomatoes and herbs/spices. ( no sugar )

AND congrats on the 2.4 lbs dropped!!
    My week is a whole nuther story! The swimming I've been doing has increased my appetite!! I am near ravenous when I get home, so a loss is not likely for me this week, the scale stayed the same ALL week!! Tomorrow I'll record whatever it shows.
    harbie, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Congrats @Lynn49 on the loss!!!. I hope everyone is still going strong.

So today marks 1 week since I went in for surgery and I'm feeling good .

I still am limited to short walks and still taking the antinflamitories and the occasional pain killer but for the most part feeling good. I did venture out to Costco today with my mom to pick up (I didn't actually pick things up ) a few things and stopped by the post office to mail some stuff. It was wonderful to be out of the house and the block I've been limited to this week. I did overdo it and had to come home and take a painkiller and I'm EXHAUSTED! Just goes with that territory.

I've been fairly careful with my eating since I came home. I wanted to stay with the healthy foods and high fibre to help with ththe recovery and I've done well. MIL made a big box filled with meals for DH and I that consisted of soups and dahls (lemon was my fave although I did really like th spinach one too). I did have some homemade biscotti and bread she made :O Shhhhhhhh!

Im off for a small nap before DH comes home for dinner
    Harbie, believe me, I know what it's like to be cooped up in the house: I had to endure that for almost a year when I broke my leg, and it was summer!!! Just try not to over-do it and tire yourself out; your body needs all the time it can have to recover from your surgery and it'd thank you very much if you gave it that time. Just be careful, eat healthy and you'll be back in fighting form in no time!!
    So happy you're feeling so well! Hubby asked me if I wanted to go to Costco after my weight-in today but I said 'not the day before Valentine's Day'! I think it would have been a mob scene! How was your Costco?
    Take care, Hon!
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you got it Lynn! I use some Parm and some lowest fat Mozz, but yes around 6 SP for the whole pizza! Now do you top with any meats?
    I used just a few slices of that VERY forgiving Pillers Turkey pepperoni, and the Tapas salami discs which are nearly negligible. My tomato sauce is homemade preserves, just tomatoes and herbs/spices. ( no sugar )

AND congrats on the 2.4 lbs dropped!!
    My week is a whole nuther story! The swimming I've been doing has increased my appetite!! I am near ravenous when I get home, so a loss is not likely for me this week, the scale stayed the same ALL week!! Tomorrow I'll record whatever it shows.
    Thank you, Walkonby....eating almost up to my points has really made the difference!

As for that pizza!!! OMG! So much food!!!
    I used your recipe for the cauliflower crust, but used a whole egg instead of just the white (honestly, I can't bring myself to toss the yolk down the drain!) I measured out 3oz of light mozz cheese, 2T of parmessan cheese and it turned out perfect. I think I'll make the crust thinner next time so that it gets more 'crusty' but it held together really well. I topped it with some salsa, sliced tomatoes, 2 thinly sliced turkey pepperoni sticks (3 points), sliced green olives and green pepper and it was heavenly! Even my Hubby took a small slice and said he'd absolutely love to have that one day with a side salad!
    I'm stuffed. And all for only a few points!!

We ventured into WM after my weigh-in to pick up a few things...I took 'our' handy-dandy calculator and yep, there I was, tapping in points for this and that....so I picked up a tub of strawberry cream cheese, for the 1T I can scantly smear on a few crackers...I have the Hummuz ones: 9 for, iirc, 3 points! Nice snack with a cuppa peppermint tea in the evening...

Well, my Friend, there's nothing like progress to boost one's resolve!

I hope you get a good result tomorrow too, Walks...the scale might take into account how toned you're getting and changing flab into muscle, so don't be disappointed if it's not all that you expect.
    You and I know this diet works, and you're sticking to it like an obsession, lol...you're going to DO THIS!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day losers! Well I stayed put! I weighed exactly the same as last week. You might think that would send me diving head first into some carb laden treat right? Nope, because I know I " feel " better, I can tell when I walk around in the house and when I go outside, there is definitely more energy in my steps.
    So I took out my measuring tape and re-did the measurements from my starting point approx 5 1/2 weeks ago.
    Holy moly!! I did not expect that much difference.
    Just so rewarding to have lost so many inches! Total lost on the big 3 areas ( you know? bust/waist/hips ) is 14 inches!!, and happy to say MOST of that came off the hips!!
    but the one spot that has me freaked out totally are my upper thighs??! The numbers show a drastic shrinkage, so I am guessing all my leg lifts and various other 3x daily stretches along with daily swimming lanes at the Community Centre maybe did this??

Never thought I'd be celebrating staying the same weight....lol!! But for me this week is very uplifting. My new motto for the week is below.

harbie, Lynn49, beckie.c and 1 others like this.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information