User Tag List

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

@Lynn49 I'm so happy they all joined, it definitely helps with keeping me motivated too. I'm only down 2lbs but I'll take it. I think you should buy Jenny a buggy, that way she'll stay put and you can walk her. If all else fails you could "mock" up something like this and put it on a radio flyer wagon.
    Name:  11169862_379698648881585_8936128649180854733_n.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  24.8 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    @Lynn49 I'm so happy they all joined, it definitely helps with keeping me motivated too. I'm only down 2lbs but I'll take it. I think you should buy Jenny a buggy, that way she'll stay put and you can walk her. If all else fails you could "mock" up something like this and put it on a radio flyer wagon.
    Name:  11169862_379698648881585_8936128649180854733_n.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  24.8 KB
    Hahahaha....that's too cute!! Well, Tara, I would, except for the fact that Jenny has also suffered at the hands of this broken leg these past 2 years and has gotten a wee bit pudgy. So....we both have to drop a few pounds. Which means she also has to actually do the walking, too! It's been so hard not to spoil her while convalescing...and perhaps that should have stopped...ohhhhhh...a year ago, maybe?
    We'll both get there...and we do take lots of walks at camp, so that'll help, too, esp now that I can walk better this year...ooh, my kingdom for that knee-replacement phone call!!!

Take good care, Hon and enjoy your fitness-clan!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Brazil's good guide is very different from our own.

http://www.fao.org/nutrition/educati...ons/brazil/en/
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    RUN, don't walk and pick them up! From my experience, there are never enough....!!!
    I bought the 12" pan and I have a nice glass lid from my old frying pan that fits it. It is really nice for cooking and cleanup, like you have said. I'm thinking about buying the 12" pan and possibly the really small one to replace the pan Dh used to fry his eggs each morning. He snickered when I told him that it would cut down the amount of oil that he uses.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I bought the 12" pan and I have a nice glass lid from my old frying pan that fits it. It is really nice for cooking and cleanup, like you have said. I'm thinking about buying the 12" pan and possibly the really small one to replace the pan Dh used to fry his eggs each morning. He snickered when I told him that it would cut down the amount of oil that he uses.
    I have glass lids that fit them, too, heaven knows from where, but they're perfect and I prefer glass lids; nice to hear that you're enjoying it!

I'm also tempted to buy the really small pan next time I see them go on sale; I love poached eggs and it would be great for a couple of them. I also had the really large, deep pan in my hand the other day and was so tempted with it, too! I still have a couple of other good ones that'll have to wear out to justify buying yet another saucepan..
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Congrats to all you for continuing to do so great! I'm keeping moving over here

About one more month until our local farmers market starts up their Wednesday morning outdoor markets. I love the fresh air, and greenhouse veggies/herbs in the spring I always find it easier to eat more veggies in the spring/summer.
    Same here. I don't really like raw veggies so much when it is cold outside. I grow a vegetable garden in our back yard. I think that it's great that my children will know where vegetables come from. Our 3.5yr old son is already talking about the garden and I haven't even bought the seeds yet.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my scale is being very flirtatious with me, yesterday it claimed I was about 5 lbs less that what I KNEW I really was......so I quickly removed the battery and then placed it back in and the scale came to its' senses.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend all!! So far I have bought ZERO chocolate anything! No eggs, no bunnies.....staying strong!!
    TaraF, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In case you fall off the wagon, consider this as your go to...lol
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...-turner-field/
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    In case you fall off the wagon, consider this as your go to...lol
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...-turner-field/

When I noticed you had posted in our weight loss thread @electric_viking I thought " wow! another guy to keep Curt company " ...but instead you offer us that??

I rename that monstrosity Barferizza! I did not read through the whole article but I am guessing the calories are listed there somewhere.
    This weekend is going to be enough of a struggle with chocolate everywhere as it is!! But thanks for the menu suggestion.
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope you realize it was posted as a joke. I saw this and just had to post it somewhere. And it seemed that the weight loss thread was the perfect place. 😛😛😛
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    I hope you realize it was posted as a joke. I saw this and just had to post it somewhere. And it seemed that the weight loss thread was the perfect place. 
    yes I know you are joking, no problem. But I really got nauseated reading what was in that Burger-Pizza thing. Can ya imagine attempting to eat that?? No amount of alcohol would trigger me to order that, how about you?? ha ha
    TaraF and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I'd try it but no way I'd attempt to eat it alone. Would have to be a party pizza shared amongst a number of guys.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I lost another 2.5 lbs. YAY! That's 4.5 lbs down since I joined the gym. I'm just happy that I'm finally out of plateau territory.

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  38.0 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hooray for an uplifting Weigh-In Saturday!! Two more lbs. are melted away from my body!! Congrats to you Tara on your 2.5 loss this week!!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Awesome job walkonby. Wahoo! And thank you. I owe it to my new favourite hangout. The Gym! lol

I have a question for everyone. I've taken to post workout protein smoothies to aid in recovery and help build muscle, the problem is that I cut out all artificial sweeteners a bit over a year ago and I can not find any powders without them in it, unless they have stevia. And I can't use stevia because pure stevia (which is the only kind you should be using if you DO use it) is known to play with the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Phooey. So I'm on a mad woman on the hunt for an unsweetened/unflavoured 100% Whey Protein Isolate. I was hoping maybe someone here was using one and could help. I'd appreciate it!

**Edit** I found a brand called Tera's Whey out of Wisconsin, and contacted them this afternoon. They make a 100% Organic Whey protein powder that is plain and unsweetened. WOOT. Ordered already!
    Last edited by TaraF; Mon, Mar 28th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
    Lynn49 and electric_viking like this.

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information