User Tag List

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Saturday is my official weigh in day and I was so scared that I had gone back up..... but NOPE! I am thrilled to be the same weight!! I would have loved to have dropped 2 lbs. for the week but realistically it cannot happen if the full effort was not there, and it sure wasn't.
    The long weekend is almost over ( thank goodness! ) and looking forward to straightening out my eating once again.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It's been pretty quiet here, is everyone out enjoying this amazingly hot/humid weather? I love it! I think the gym folks were wussing out today due to the humidity (39c) because I almost had the place to myself. That was nice. I've started to become one of these people that actually misses the gym when I'm not there. lol Imagine that!! As for weight loss/gain, I've opted to only weigh myself when my trainer wants me to. She has me working on muscle building and protein intake, so even though my body may be changing I'm afraid the scale won't budge as much as my head thinks it should and I don't want that to impact me. You guys know how the mind plays tricks on you.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sat, May 28th, 2016 at 11:34 PM.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think THAT is happening with me too Tara! ( regarding results on the scale vs the body actually changing gaining muscle )
    I swim every day for Pete's sake, and I do miss it when I am unable to go. I swim non stop ( lane swim ) for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Mind you I do switch up my strokes and speed but I don't stop. Then my weight was the same on the scale yesterday when so that feels annoying.
    I do feel good though, so I am going with that!

Best of luck @Tara in your workouts!!
    TaraF and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Thank you walks, and goodluck with your swimming. I can't wait until our pool opens here so I can dive right in! It really is great exercise. But you are right to go with your "feel factor", as long as your exercise is making you feel good it means you're on the right path. I think this is me right now. I'm not obsessed with weight loss, thinness, perfection, etc. Just this.

Name:  obsessed.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  21.3 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up 2 relatives at the airport yesterday. We hadn't seen them since our wedding. One of the first things she said to me was a comment about how I had lost weight. She is right. I'm down 16lbs from my wedding weight. It's still nice to hear.
    walkonby likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just weighed myself at the doctor's office this morning. I gained 2.5lbs over the last month. I think a bunch of it is water weight from the weekend. The twins and I caught a sinus cold from FIL. Dh's parents were visiting from Calgary and kept buying takeout meals for the family. I'm sure the chocolate from my dad a couple of weeks ago didn't help much. Oh well, I continue.

My SIL has been in ICU in a medically induced coma and on a respirator for nearly 3wks already. I know that I eat worse when I am stressed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 7th, 2016 at 08:38 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry I haven't posted much. I really am trying to get a good eating plan and exercise plan. I have been walking more and walk around a lot at work when people aren't there lol. Want to go down few pant sizes and I'm still serious trust me.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted much. I really am trying to get a good eating plan and exercise plan. I have been walking more and walk around a lot at work when people aren't there lol. Want to go down few pant sizes and I'm still serious trust me.
    hey cab, this thread is dwindling once again but many of us have either slipped, or have plateaued ....but we carry on just the same. Best of luck in your goal of dropping some pant sizes!!
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby i saw this at Walmart, wonder if it's any good. 3 DVD workout with free weights and resistance cords. $40

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/circuit7/6000121498718
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @walkonby i saw this at Walmart, wonder if it's any good. 3 DVD workout with free weights and resistance cords. $40

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/circuit7/6000121498718
    @cabmonk I bought something sort of similar to that a while back and really ANY of these things are only good IF you continue to use them. My issue personally is I often start well when I first unpack everything and then at some point they collect dust. Poor Jane Fonda, she's been covered in dust for quite some time now.....ha ha

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh I know, I hear ya on that. Im always sore and was thinking ddp yoga. My friend got it and said he did good at first. But he has such bad problems with his knees he couldn't continue.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Woohoo!!! Hellllooooooo!!!!!

I haven't given up on myself or anyone else on here, but I have been absent, sorry about that.
    Life sometimes takes a good grip on me and it's hard to break free.

Well, this past weekend was a complete and utter wonderful disaster wrt healthy eating!
    Absolutely NOTHING about it was healthy!! Not the food, not the wine!!
    And I don't feel sorry and I haven't an ounce of guilt!

Do I look forward to hopping on the scale??
    Heck NO!
    Which is why I WON'T!!

I've probably gained a few pounds, and I'll have to watch myself once again, back in the saddle and all that, but eating such rich foods for a long weekend doesn't make me feel terrific. Thank goodness we did a lot of walking!

Tomorrow is our Grandson's 8th b'day family party, so I'll mis-behave a little but not too much...next weekend is Father's Day family bbq at camp so I'll mis-behave again...but after that it looks like the coast may be clear!!

ONWARD, people!!!

We're not doing this to look great (okay, maybe we are), but there are so many dis-eases associated with unhealthy eating, particularly sugary things (and everything seems to have sugar!), and we want to be around for a while longer without dragging our butts around, feeling poofy, having tummy troubles and generally not enjoying life as we should.

We're ALL too young for that!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jun 13th, 2016 at 01:33 PM.
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sugar: how it kills us!

cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sugar: how it kills us!

PLUS 1 @Lynn49 !
    I have been on this roller coaster war path for years, trying to eliminate it all and it is the toughest thing to quit!
    That was one reason I had posted this thread 2 yrs ago

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/388974-...r-year-canada/

because I was amazed that a family had really tried to do the best thing and stop eating sugar.

For new parents these days it must be such a daunting thing to face because food choices are even worse than when I was young ( as in foods are saturated with sugar now like never before )

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information