User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: SDM cracking down on printable coupons

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I ever get denied my print coupons I will simply leave everything there and walk out. I only shop at shoppers for the points. I refuse to buy stuff there if i cant bring my total down with coupons - especially the 20x WUS $X. I'll go PM sdm stuff at Walmart if I really want something.
    Ciel, Anna Michele, d.ot and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I will PM you guys who asked, when the PM system is up and running again.

You won't believe this though, I printed a Dawn dish soap coupon today (P&G). The expiry date is all numeric!! There is no month written out. So their memo is completely wrong
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

akl
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    This week I stopped in a different SDM than my usual (Winnipeg).

Handed clerk 3 coupons (3 different Royale products). She glanced at them and said they don't accept internet coupons anymore.
    I replied that the other stores do, she called manager, then said ok to use. She did not like that.
    I have to say that I'll never go to this store again. I just happened to be close by. No eye contact, no greetings, no smiles, 2 cashiers speaking to each other in their language in front of customers while ringing items through,...
    (Leila and McPhillips)

Shopped last night at my usual store, clerk did not bat an eye about the coupons. No problem.
    Cheers, smiles, patient, helpful,....ALWAYS
    (Mountain and McPhillips)
    I've only tried the printable coupons on Marion, with no issues!
    Ciel, dededi and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love my SDM, it doesn't have the beauty boutique and it doesn't have a lot of food, but the people are always friendly. They have started checking coupons more and they have started asking more questions I think some have got in trouble for accepting coupons. I know most recently ont cashier told me that they got in trouble for accepting the $3.00 and $5.00 coupons for Almay, they said they are not supposed to accept coupons on clearance items, especially when people were getting money back..My kids joke that they have a picture of me in the employee office, and they tell everyone if you see this person give her whatever she wants hahaha!! I tell the cashiers when to use 202, F1 how to put in the coupons..one cashier said I should work there!! If one of the cashiers doesn't want to put an SDM coupon through the I tell her just to scan it, if it's not supposed to work the system won't accept it. I usually always get the points!!
    Ciel, torontogal12, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Too bad.. I hope it's not in their policy.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akl View Post
    I've only tried the printable coupons on Marion, with no issues!
    Marion is a great store.
    Ciel, akl, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I would suggest that SCers having issues at their SDM shops look on the SDM site and see if the same pharmacist owns two or more stores. You might see a pattern (or not) regarding which stores are accepting coupons.

It would not surprise me if a pharmacist-owner either does not want to deal with coupon redemptions or has taken the Walmart route and taken out coupon $ from pays of cashiers if the coupons are not accepted by manufacturers or seen as fake. Time/$ issues.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

SDM in their emails still say it's possible to print their coupons for now. But expect the push will be to digital and I expect by April, we'll know what happens with Optimum (renewed/changed/ended) and if SDM printable coupons jump into history, along with any other printable coupons.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by innaor View Post
    Too bad.. I hope it's not in their policy.
    The SDM Coupon Acceptance Guidelines (found at the bottom of of every shoppersdrugmart.ca webpage) hasn't been changed since May 2015.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Wed, Jan 13th, 2016 at 04:07 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Ugh I was recently questioned by an SDM cashier about a printable smartsource.ca coupon. The cashier insisted that because it was printed in black and white (I used my office printer) then it must be a photocopy. Do these even print in colour if you have a colour printer?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
    Ugh I was recently questioned by an SDM cashier about a printable smartsource.ca coupon. The cashier insisted that because it was printed in black and white (I used my office printer) then it must be a photocopy. Do these even print in colour if you have a colour printer?
    That is a classic BS excuse. I don't have a colour printer at home and I refuse to get one as I'm not paying $60 for 2-3 months work of ink. My one $70 ink cartridge for my laser lasts me over a year.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I emailed them for clarification a week ago. But they gnored me. As you know, it's impossible to get through on the phone. Group that with $60 minimum spends for bonus point offers and I've been spending my money at Metro instead of SDM.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I would suggest that SCers having issues at their SDM shops look on the SDM site and see if the same pharmacist owns two or more stores. You might see a pattern (or not) regarding which stores are accepting coupons.

It would not surprise me if a pharmacist-owner either does not want to deal with coupon redemptions or has taken the Walmart route and taken out coupon $ from pays of cashiers if the coupons are not accepted by manufacturers or seen as fake. Time/$ issues.
    Walmart doesn't take coupons out of the pays of cashiers. The cashier will get written up for it, however, in the over 5 years a friend I know who has worked there, not once has she ever heard of a cashier having lost pay due to money being taken from them for coupons that were taken and not reimbursed for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I watched someone use printables with ease at my SDM location that has been very un-coupon friendly in the past so this gives me hope.
    Ciel, toronto166 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    Walmart doesn't take coupons out of the pays of cashiers. The cashier will get written up for it, however, in the over 5 years a friend I know who has worked there, not once has she ever heard of a cashier having lost pay due to money being taken from them for coupons that were taken and not reimbursed for.
    Thanks for refuting my claim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information