• 3 Post By couponteen101
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By mommei

Thread: Disney Booking/Travel Tips

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Hello all!

Just looking for some tips on booking a Disney World trip. Should we go through a travel agent?
    We have always been comfortable booking everything online ourselves when travelling but can an agent get better deals?

I bought a membership to touringplans.com and wow what a help!

We have 3 days in April we are looking at. Unfortunately there will be a Star Wars Marathon and it will be a bit more crowded (7 out of 10). But I figure with their lines app, touring plan and use of fastpass, the days may not be that bad.

Our daughter is 8. We have to do Magic Kingdom, but do we do 2 days at Magic Kingdom and one day at another park? which one? or do we do 3 days, 3 different parks?

Any other tips are appreciated!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

It really depends on the route you want to go. We did disney in 2014 in May. We stayed in an apartment about 10mins away and commuted there each morning. Our apartment was in a gated community had 3 bedrooms, and was really nice....it was $500 for the week. We booked everything ourselves as We are a family of 8 and staying on the resort would have been nearly $10 000.

In terms of parks our family really enjoyed Magic Kingdom and could have easily spent more than one day there. My sister was 10 at the time and has a fascination with all animals, so we also did animal kingdom. It was alright but no magic kingdom....I would suggest two days in Magic Kingdom and then maybe a park hoper for the other day, that way you can see what you want...but also you don't have to pick you parks ahead of time. So if you like magic kingdom and think you need more time you can head back...or you can plan to see three different parks.

also plan to spend time in downtown disney as well. That is such a magical experience in itself, and it is free! Haha

If you have any more questions, I can probably answer them....I'm pretty obsessed with Disney...haha
    web3, dededi and mommei like this.
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you have to go during the Star Wars thing? If hotels there are full you will pay a lot more than you need to. What does 7 out of 10 mean
    ROMEO and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've gone a couple of times in the last few years, and yes, Touring Plans is cool! All the parks have wifi too. Torontogal, Touring Plans gives a crowd rating for every day based on history and other things. A low number is not very many people, a 10 is as crowded as it gets.

We didn't bother adding on Parkhopper, one park in one day is enough for us. We went first thing in the morning when they open, much less waiting in line at that point. Some folks go full out the whole time, we are much more laid back with it - I don't want to need another vacation after my vacation! By early afternoon we go back to our condo to relax, swim in the pool, etc.

Magic Kingdom is the best IMO, and we really enjoy Animal Kingdom too. Hollywood Studios was a distant third. We haven't done Epcot yet, maybe next trip.

Last time I got our flights and two of our three the five day Disney tickets with Air Miles, which helped a lot!

Are you staying at a Disney property? Renting a car? Parking is $20 a day if you are driving there rather than taking Disney transportation from one of their resorts.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where did you stay and where did you book the stay?? It would be my first time with a baby and a toddler! Thanks

couponteen? Anyone? Pls

Thread Information