User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Independent (West): Get free bacon & yogurt (after price match & PC points)

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    Well, that would be worth it! I wonder if you had a personalized offer as well?
    Mutch it is because instead of getting back 3000 points - you actually get 6000 points, so spend $3.00 get back $6.00 worth of points.
    Miss Tea Rose and Betty Kash like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    Well, that would be worth it! I wonder if you had a personalized offer as well?
    No personalized offer on bacon... i wish!
    Check out Swagbucks if you haven't already!
    Swagbucks - swagbucks.com/refer/nonprofitjfo

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nonprofitjen View Post
    No personalized offer on bacon... i wish!
    I am not sure if you understand what the op is trying to share for the bacon deal you do not have to have a personal offer if you buy the bacon there is a double points offer in some stores so instead of receiving 3000 points you get 6000 points making it free if you can pm to No Frills hope you understand because it seems that this deal is in Alberta not for us in Ontario
    Betty Kash likes this.

Learning as I go
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

How much is the independent price of bacon in Ontario?

Learning as I go
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Also, does anyone know if the bacon points are also doubling in Ontario?
    Last edited by Brasileira; Tue, Jan 19th, 2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Wrong punctuation

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brasileira View Post
    How much is the independent price of bacon in Ontario?
    $5.99 yesterday

Learning as I go
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thank you Valerey, do you know if the points are also doubling?

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Can you PM with a phone or is it the physical flyer?

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brasileira View Post
    Thank you Valerey, do you know if the points are also doubling?
    I didn't buy any, was checking if it was a good deal at their price so I walked away. Didn't think if the doubling! ��

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    Mutch it is because instead of getting back 3000 points - you actually get 6000 points, so spend $3.00 get back $6.00 worth of points.
    Yup...I went and gave it a go...got some free bacon! Not a money maker for me, as I couldn't PM No Frills, but because of the double pts. it worked out to be $6 back in pts.! Yahoo..... wouldn't have been worth it without the double pts.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I went today with dh and got 4 packs of bacon each. I also had a personal offer of 600 pts for every $4 spent on Maple Leaf bacon so I got an extra 1800 pts on top of in the in store offer. So worth the trip. I also got 1 pack of Activia. Anyone know if you get the points with the fat free Activia? There was no signage so didn't want to risk it. Thanks again.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Wow sweet deal lucky for all who can get in on it
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've had this happen...they put in incorrect information nad it looks like it came from the poster... it would be nice if they at least acknowledged that they changed it

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    This is NOT Just in the WEST. But someone like a moderator has altered my headline thing. so let me just do a brief update with this offer out east also. So I took a fast peek at the Independent Flyer in Sudbury and see there is also a 2500 pc point offer on that, and the no-frills does have the activia on sale for $3.00, so IF your Independent grocers allows price matching you could do that and get yogurt free if you use the DanOn printable coupons. But I think each Independent Grocers has there own policy about price matching, some allow it, some do not. Ok and here is my original post: No Frills: Maple Leaf Bacon $3.00. Independent Grocers this week Maple leaf Bacon 3000 points. Price matched Nofrills = FREE .
    No Frills: Activia Yogurt $3.00. Independent Grocers 2500 points activia. price matched nofrills, Also used the printable DanOn $1.00 coupon, Free & make 50 cents on each cartons.
    The lazy-maple bacon did not give the 3000 points, just the regular and the reduced salt kind. Went through the check-out several times. BUT - very worth it so far 18 packages of Free bacon & 6 cartons Free Activia yogurts. Going back again tomorrow. They have many other great point offer deals this week, just check out their flyer. I gave up trying to post pictures as i have upgraded my imac and now having trouble uploading photos. 2nd UPdate. Ok so what is making this offer so great is that the bacon is $3.00 when you price match it, But you get back 6000 pc points. So you spend $3.00 and get back $6.00 in pc points.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we've done the bacon, yogurt deal many times at Red Deer Independent G. Spent around $50.00 oop, got bags of free food and made around 80.00 in points that we will spend this weekend. PM NF Bacon @$3.00 (each earned 6000 points, every pack free AND made $3.00 each ). PM NF yogurt @$3.00 then used $1.00 each, making it $2.00 (each pack earned 2500 points, so free AND made 50 cents each). pc pizza frozen, PM SDM @ $2.99 (earned 2000 points each so 99 cents). Loreal shampoo & cream rinse PM SDM @ $3.99 (used $2.00 coupon -when you buy 2, making it $2.99 each, earned 2000 points each so 99 cents each). In 3 days we got 40 packages of bacon, 20 yogurts, 20 frozen pizza, 20 shampoo& conditioner. No problem price matching, nor going through several times, staff very nice. But i don't think it's a glitch, this sounds like many others are getting the doubled up points, it's a great points event. If it was a glitch they would have fixed it on Friday, they are a big chain, i'm sure head office anticipated many would figure out these items would be free and take advantage of it. We love Independent G, its where we do most of our families grocery shopping, they frequently have these types on mega points events, and several in-store promotions. Certainly hope it stays this way, afterall as long as they have deals, specials and points events like this they we will continue to shop there. with food prices going up again it feels great to get bonuses like this once in awhile; for example, this week celery at Independent G. is $4.99 - really FIVE dollars for celery, don't think so, if they can charge prices like that on some items, then they can give away free bacon. Trust me They are not losing a dime on the bacon they are giving away. I LOVE BACON. hehehe

CouponCollector
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i did the bacon & yogurt pm offers this week got several free + made $3.00 on each bacon, Fun. Then yesterday at Independent in Red Deer was a complete disaster & total waste of time. So they gave me a few options, (1) price match but could Not use my pcpoints card, or (2) pay full price and use my pcpoints card and get the points. So I choose to just price match and not use my pcpoints card on my phone. Fine. Then went to pay for my order using my pc mastercard, OMG No way was that happening... they feared I would end up earning points, so they then gave me another option, pay cash, debit or a different credit card. I was like W-T-F, your kidding me right? So I gave Them a few options: your either pm or you are not. I Made it VERY Clear that NO way were they going to tell me how i was or how I was not going to pay for my order. That is not right !!! so i i told them there "new policy" is too confusing. So i left my purchase and Walked Out. I do not plan on ever going back!! They also told me that from now on they will not pm ANY item that has any points on them, even a personal offer, store promotion or anything. Don't they know how much time that would take to figure out. They are nuts, and did not know what they were doing yesterday. All the confusion & chaos over a few pieces of bacon. Personally I think they will lose customers over this, especially with that new CO-OP opening up right across the street, but maybe they don't care.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information