User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: $3.00 Money Maker with Free Bacon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, that is awesome. Bacon...bacon, bacon I am in loveeee with Bacon and free it taste better. Thank you Elle Lady Sadie...........................................

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    Elle did you use an app on your phone or did you have the actual flyer. I also live in Red Deer. I would love to get 4 packages. We don't get the flyer to our house and I wouldn't want to drive to sylvan to get a flyer.
    Coley, I used the REEBEE app on my phone and I went through the customer service til.
    Here is the link for the Danone coupons. Good Luck!!https://www.danone.ca/en/promos

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

This did not go well this morning. A supervisor lady told me when I got to the till and she looked in my cart that they don't PM items that have bonus points. I said well ok. I will just put back my 1 yogurt but keep the rest. I also mentioned this was my first time in the store. I was happy and cheerful. As I am putting up my stuff the lady says "are you going to PM those bologna. We only PM 2 items." I smiled sweetly and said no I am not. You guys have a great sale on. This is what I bought. 1 pack chicken breast (on for 4.99/lb), 6 bologna (3.49), 4 bacon (5.99), 4 Goldfish (1.99). I had bonus points on the bologna so I knew they would come out to the $3 anyway that would have been my PM. I did get 6000 each per bacon. So my bacon was free which was the point. Bologna I wanted for $3. So that worked. So that supervisor who tried to ruin my day didn't.
    Thanks for letting me know about the deal. Wish I could have made money but free is great!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

How do you get the points even though its from another store offer?
    So if I go and get the bacon say at no frills?
    will I get the points automatically added to my card from another store as well?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

im kind of confused on how it works still lol.
    did you ask to have the points added to your card from your pm?
    I have an offer for 500 points for Activia and if another store has the 1500 point offer how do I get those points?
    Is it added Automatically?
    sorry confused.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    This did not go well this morning. A supervisor lady told me when I got to the till and she looked in my cart that they don't PM items that have bonus points. I said well ok. I will just put back my 1 yogurt but keep the rest. I also mentioned this was my first time in the store. I was happy and cheerful. As I am putting up my stuff the lady says "are you going to PM those bologna. We only PM 2 items." I smiled sweetly and said no I am not. You guys have a great sale on. This is what I bought. 1 pack chicken breast (on for 4.99/lb), 6 bologna (3.49), 4 bacon (5.99), 4 Goldfish (1.99). I had bonus points on the bologna so I knew they would come out to the $3 anyway that would have been my PM. I did get 6000 each per bacon. So my bacon was free which was the point. Bologna I wanted for $3. So that worked. So that supervisor who tried to ruin my day didn't.
    Thanks for letting me know about the deal. Wish I could have made money but free is great!!
    Well, I just came on to let people know that the Red Deer Independent will no longer price match any of the point specials this week due to the (Her words not mine) ridiculous amount of times people were going in and out to price match the two packs of bacon, paired with the fact the system has the glitch of 6000 points for the bacon rather than 3000. I had priced matched 2 packs on the weekend with no issues but I guess they have had enough!!!
    Coley, congrats on your positive take on your situation, I did grab two more packs today because like you said, free is free!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 04:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by michigan803 View Post
    im kind of confused on how it works still lol.
    did you ask to have the points added to your card from your pm?
    I have an offer for 500 points for Activia and if another store has the 1500 point offer how do I get those points?
    Is it added Automatically?
    sorry confused.
    No that isn't how it works. Independent has the activia yogurt with 2500 points as an in store special, NoFrills has it on sale for 3.00. You would go to Independent, price match to No Frills for 3.00 and you would get 2500 points, plus what ever personal points you have on Activia on your PC Plus card. Independent is a division of Loblaws so you can use your PC Plus card there.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I thought I was the only crazy one buying yogurt and bacon! The amount I've gotten is in the double digits and I'm literally giving them away to people

Thanks for letting me know about the pizza though! I've earned over $100 and my total is $30 (would've been less if I figured out earlier to use pts to get pts)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meeeks85 View Post
    I thought I was the only crazy one buying yogurt and bacon! The amount I've gotten is in the double digits and I'm literally giving them away to people

Thanks for letting me know about the pizza though! I've earned over $100 and my total is $30 (would've been less if I figured out earlier to use pts to get pts)
    glad to hear you did so well. i also was able to get this sweet deal , stocked up freezer full of free bacon, free pizza and a fridge full of free yougurt and I spent around $30.00 and MADE over $80.00 in Red Deer also.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we've done the bacon, yogurt deal many times at Red Deer Independent G. Spent around $30.00 oop, got bags of free food and made around 80.00 in points that we will spend this weekend. PM NF Bacon @$3.00 (each earned 6000 points, every pack free AND made $3.00 each ). PM NF yogurt @$3.00 then used $1.00 each, making it $2.00 (each pack earned 2500 points, so free AND made 50 cents each). pc pizza frozen, PM SDM @ $2.99 (earned 2000 points each so 99 cents). Loreal shampoo & cream rinse PM SDM @ $3.99 (used $2.00 coupon -when you buy 2, making it $2.99 each, earned 2000 points each so 99 cents each). In 3 days we got 40 packages of bacon, 20 yogurts, 20 frozen pizza, 20 shampoo& conditioner. No problem price matching, nor going through several times, staff very nice. But i don't think it's a glitch, this sounds like many others are getting the doubled up points, it's a great points event. If it was a glitch they would have fixed it on Friday, they are a big chain, i'm sure head office anticipated many would figure out these items would be free and take advantage of it. We love Independent G, its where we do most of our families grocery shopping, they frequently have these types on mega points events, and several in-store promotions. Certainly hope it stays this way, afterall as long as they have deals, specials and points events like this they we will continue to shop there. with food prices going up again it feels great to get bonuses like this once in awhile; for example, this week celery at Independent G. is $4.99 - really FIVE dollars for celery, don't think so, if they can charge prices like that on some items, then they can give away free bacon. Trust me They are not losing a dime on the bacon they are giving away. I LOVE BACON. hehehe
    Last edited by Betty Kash; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 10:02 PM.

CouponCollector
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TOTAL CONFUSION O M G at Red Deer Independent Grocers. on tuesday i pm 6 bacons, paid $18 earned 36000 points. pm 6 yogurts cost $18 got back 15,000 points. yesterday went back to do the same thing ------ What a disaster, they didn;t know what the hell they were doing. they would have allowed me to pm 2 items BUT not allow me to get points, said I could NOT use my pc points card on my phone. I could either pay full price and earn points OR price match and earn no points. so i choose to price match and Not use pc card, BUT when i tried to pay for it with my pc mastercard - OMG they freaked out that i would get points so another big hassle all over again, so they had to figure out another option, either had to pay with cash, different credit card, or debit. WTF. i told them how insane this was, that it makes no sense, they are either going to pm or they are not. I also made it Very Clear that they will not tell me how i can or can not pay for my purchases. So i Walked Out & Never going back there. All the hassle over a few pieces of Bacon? it is simple, they either pm or they do not, but they are making it too complicated. So their new policy is NO PM on any item that has points. how can they sort out what items have points and which do not, if you have a personal offer with points apparently now you can not pm those items either. Also if you pm and item, you can not go through the checkout a second time for a second pm, only once per day, or sale, or week, or who knows. Not worth the time to shop there. How foolish to turn away customers when the economy is bad and getting worse every day, a new coop opening soon right across the street. You can go to walmart and pm 10 of any item, Several times over. Or go to superstore and pm 4 of anything and get points, repeat pm several times. They are going to lose customers over this.
    Cata and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I was there on Wednesday and they had all ready changed the PM'ing thing. So sometime on Tuesday they must have decided to change their rules. Oh well. It was my first time in the store. I might go again. It looked nice in there. I will keep my eye out for good point deals in the future but I will know not to PM. My grocery stores of choice are Sobey's/Safeways for AM's and RCSS for points. Going to try to do more SDM as I basically took last year off from that store.
    dededi likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information