Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By jasperandchar
  • 2 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 1 Post By jasperandchar
  • 1 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 2 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Has anyone used UniversalPetMeds???? feedback greatly appreciated - thanks

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've been buying Revolution for my 2 dogs from the vet at a cost of $50.86 which is expensive.

I did a search and found a Toronto based company called UniversalPetMeds that sells the same Revolution so much cheaper.

Has anyone ever used UniversalPetMeds?

Feedback on customer service, delivery (fast/slow) etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.universalpetmeds.ca/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    bullet tooth and dededi like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just checked it out from your link. Is the stuff you have made by the same company? And it's the exact same dosage/size you are comparing? I see shipping over $99 is free. I put something in my cart and checked out ($39.99 item) and it added shipping of $10 FYI.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama same manufacturer, same product, same size just way cheaper even with the $10 shipping

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 05:14 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Let me know if you buy it from there. My dog is 25 Lbs (pretty sure yours are bigger) so the last time I bought that flea stuff it was around $50 for 4-6 tubes ( I don't remember) but it was a few years ago. ( haven't had a flea problem past few years knock on wood)
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Keep in mind you will need a prescription from your vet in order to buy these products online. Most clinics charge a prescription writing fee witch can be anywhere from $20-$30 so factor that in to the cost. Additionally a vet will not write a prescription or sell you prescription medication unless your pet(s) are up to date on a physical exam within the last year as per government law.

I know its annoying believe me but at the same times its for the benefit of your pet. We get people who call all the time wanting a prescription or the flea medication yet we haven't see the pet in 2++ years. The medication is based on weight and whether the animal is healthy or not. A veterinarian isn't going to take your word for that and risk the harm to your pet never mind going against the law mentioned above and risk losing their license.
    jasperandchar and dededi like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Keep in mind you will need a prescription from your vet in order to buy these products online. Most clinics charge a prescription writing fee witch can be anywhere from $20-$30 so factor that in to the cost. Additionally a vet will not write a prescription or sell you prescription medication unless your pet(s) are up to date on a physical exam within the last year as per government law.

I know its annoying believe me but at the same times its for the benefit of your pet. We get people who call all the time wanting a prescription or the flea medication yet we haven't see the pet in 2++ years. The medication is based on weight and whether the animal is healthy or not. A veterinarian isn't going to take your word for that and risk the harm to your pet never mind going against the law mentioned above and risk losing their license.
    Very valid points and so true, my dogs do see the vet more often that I would like, aging bulldog and 3 year old golden retriever. I will give the vet a call and see what they would charge for a prescription, thanks @PurpleBunny89
    PurpleBunny89 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Very valid points and so true, my dogs do see the vet more often that I would like, aging bulldog and 3 year old golden retriever. I will give the vet a call and see what they would charge for a prescription, thanks @PurpleBunny89
    Oh goodness, all you had to say was bulldog and I would have understood! I've got a cat thats basically got the same amount of visits needed per year
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Thread Information