User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree416Likes

Thread: Decluttering in 2016!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

got rid of about 5 boxes of mom's books....she was a heavy reader...she had lots and lots of books ...i still have many boxes at home hoping my french SIL will take the rest of them....lol....shhhh , don't tell i kept a few for one of my haunts and one (yes only one) for me, this was the last i bought her....
    Last edited by Mia001; Wed, May 18th, 2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960, SnowFlakey and 2 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Trying to get ahead on this but is super hard when you are never home. I find it challenging when I am on the road all week and I have great plans for the weekend but by the time I do the basics (laundry, dishes, general cleaning) and prepare for the next week my weekend is gone.

Hoping with it being a long weekend this weekend I get some stuff done. First goal is to get foam board on my stockpile shelves, we have the foam board which has been pre cut just need to remove everything put the foam board on the shelves and then put everything back. Once this is done I can clean the stockpile room and work on moving the small appliances from the dinning room to the stockpile room so we can re arrange our dinning room.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I cleaned out a spare closet yesterday and I removed two grocery bags of items. One to donate and one for garbage.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I know how you feel!! I haven't made much progress either. Hoping the long weekend will see a few things gone. Next week is also bulk garbage pickup, and I know we have larger items that are ready for the trash so I'm hoping we can gather those up this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Trying to get ahead on this but is super hard when you are never home. I find it challenging when I am on the road all week and I have great plans for the weekend but by the time I do the basics (laundry, dishes, general cleaning) and prepare for the next week my weekend is gone.

Hoping with it being a long weekend this weekend I get some stuff done. First goal is to get foam board on my stockpile shelves, we have the foam board which has been pre cut just need to remove everything put the foam board on the shelves and then put everything back. Once this is done I can clean the stockpile room and work on moving the small appliances from the dinning room to the stockpile room so we can re arrange our dinning room.
    ROMEO, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 4 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

with visitors coming this we, DH is doing some of the work too

simple question, why do we keep that much stuff ?
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, May 19th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

We borrowed my brothers truck and took a load to the dump ($25 fee @ the dump so I've been avoiding doing this for quite a while). Items sitting in our garage like a bookshelf with a ton of water damage, a rusty/damaged set of weight equipment, our old broken dishwasher (appliance recycle is at our dump) and a few garbage bags full of random little junky items and yard waste that I could have just tossed in our regular trash but since we were headed to the dump anyways.... It feels so awesome to have that stuff out.

There was also a ton of large cardboard boxes that didn't fit into our recycle bin that had been collecting there, so they went to the large recycle bins.

Inside the house, I went through all of my cleaning products. I gave a ton of 3/4 full products away since we use Norwex most often to clean now. Funny how much space they were taking up and I haven't looked at them for a year now. I now just have the items I use on a regular basis, and a couple specialty cleaners like the oven cook-top cleaner that are used less frequently.

Also made $25 cluttering my bathroom storage, since I had 2 brand name makeup palettes that were brand new and that I probably wasn't going to use. Happy to know someone else is loving and using them now

We need to make a list of all the outdoor items that need attention this year, so the first step is to go through our outdoor items and finish the garage is clean up/organization. Should be a nice long weekend here for working outside.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Thu, May 19th, 2016 at 03:10 PM.
    wimbly11, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hubby cleared out garage =pulled everything out and put most back in except a table -stool and a few pails of stuff he needs to go thru -nice to see a clean garage
    Mia001, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I need to get back to this. I have not removed my goal of 100 items forth past two months. I am going to find 30 things to get rid of before Tuesday. Wish me luck.
    Mia001, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

It was bulk garbage pick up today. We hauled a ton of old/broken items to the curb yesterday. Put a sign up that said free in case anyone wanted anything before it went to the dump. Everything was gone by last night except for two items and they were picked up with the trash this morning! So happy to be rid of some things
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 7 others like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The lucky folks in Peel Region get a Waste Exemption Week so there is no limit to the number of garbage bags or containers put out this week. Haven't had that in Hamilton for a few years-we are in bag and tag land for 2nd or more containers/bags for 3 years now.
    @Mia001 -I think having so much stuff becomes an issue when there is more than one person in a residence. If all residents don't observe a new one in, an old one out rule for things, someone's clutter is going to get on another person's nerves especially if the clutter seems to grow rather than shrink from time to time each year. I'd still like the Universe to park a dumpster on our driveway-there's stuff that needs to go and it's not my stuff (I would not take hours to get it into the box). Sure there'd be verbal fireworks but the freed up space would allow for repairs and maybe some paint/lighting updating to be done. There certainly is a water issue hiding behind all that basement clutter.
    macw1960 and SnowFlakey like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hubby cleaned out the shed last week! Stuff that was there for years and never used got tossed in the garbage. The night before garbage pick-up there are people in trucks and/or vans that canvass the Streets and pick up stuff for their own use or to repair and sell at flea markets.

A trick i use in the house is to always keep a sturdy box handy and when it`s filled (books, clothing, knickknacks, etc) i bring it to the local Fripperie (like a Goodwill store). Certain items, i sell on Kijiji and other items i sell on eBay.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Found my copy of "Sink Reflections" by Marla Cilley aka Flylady..IT looks like it's never been read..

I also found a box of UK videos..about 50 of them taped from the tv...mainly music, movies and Teletubbies.."To The ReCycle Bin...And Beyond...""
    macw1960 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^Teletubbies!
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Jun 3rd, 2016 at 08:12 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This made me laugh this morning

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^Teletubbies!
    macw1960 likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i wish we had a garage to clean out!....lol

we usually go yard saleing on saterdays & i really need to have more SELF CONTROL! there are a ton of them listed in kijiji.... ive been looking for a piece of small stained glass, maybe i will get lucky.
    Have a great wkend.
    seylz_gurl, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information