User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: LISTERIA OUTBREAK: Packaged salads

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ugh we USED to buy the pc organic brands regularly specifically the spinach, but won't be buying it anymore.
    walkonby and 1_love like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^^1_love, we had some of the baby kale from presidents choice about a week ago. hope you are okay.
    thank you seylz gurl. so far so good, but i read online it can affect you up to 70 days after ingesting it, so here's hoping all of us are okay for the next 70 days!
    Lyssia510 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I bought the PC organic spinach on Friday(they date of the recall) and Fresh Express Salad on Thursday. Thankfully I'm the only one that ate it.
    Does anyone know if you can returned the recalled stuff without a receipt?
    1_love likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I bought the PC organic spinach on Friday(they date of the recall) and Fresh Express Salad on Thursday. Thankfully I'm the only one that ate it.
    Does anyone know if you can returned the recalled stuff without a receipt?
    I read online that recalled items can be returned without a receipt for a refund as long as you have the bag. Not sure if that applies to all stores for all recalled items but it's worth a shot. They can't expect people to pay for infected food they are told to throw out.

SO many people have eaten their salad over the last few months that now have to deal with this worry, its sad and scary. Some of the symptoms are so vague its like you dont know if its normal or listeria. They took way to long to figure out the source of the outbreak imo. I haven't seen any detailed info about what stores were carrying these items and in what date ranges so people can try and figure out if they have eaten it if they dont have the bag to check or if they bought a prepared salad from a grocery store that uses those brands.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought 6 packages on Friday and promptly dehydrated all of it so hopefully they will let me return it for my money back. But now I am concerned about how to clean my dehydrator trays so I don't potentially spread it to other things

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I had a package of coleslaw that I ate half of before the recall (just fabulous...) and I brought the other half in the bag back to the No Frills I bought it at, without receipt. They know about the recall and gave me cash back for the salad, easy peasy.
    Natalka and lotsasavings like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a timely article

Food-poisoning expert reveals 6 foods he refuses to eat:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...mpaign=INSIDER

They are: unpasteurized milk and juice, raw oysters, pre-cut and pre-washed produce, uncooked sprouts, rare meat and uncooked eggs

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought one of these like 3-4 weeks ago and I had a day around then I had some kind of stomach sickness, not sure what it was from but I am fine now.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Currently, there are seven (7) cases of Listeria monocytogenes in five provinces related to this outbreak: Ontario (3), Quebec (1), New Brunswick (1), Prince Edward Island (1), and Newfoundland and Labrador (1). Individuals became sick between September 2015 and early January 2016. Some of the individuals who became ill have reported eating packaged salads. It is suspected that these salads were produced at the Dole facility in Ohio. The majority of Canadians cases (71%) are female, with an average age of 81 years. All cases have been hospitalized, and one person has died, however it has not been determined if Listeria contributed to the cause of death.

Some people face a higher risk of becoming sick with Listeria than others. Those who are at highest risk of serious illness include pregnant women and their unborn/newborn children, adults 65 and over, and people with weakened immune systems.

Many people are exposed to Listeria, but only a few will actually develop listeriosis. Mild symptoms may include:

• fever
    • muscle aches
    • nausea
    • diarrhea

Severe symptoms may include:

• headache
    • poor coordination
    • seizures
    • neck stiffness

In the milder form of the disease, symptoms can start the following day after consuming a product with Listeria. For the more serious form of the disease, the incubation period is generally much longer; on average about 21 days, but can be up to 70 days after exposure.

Listeriosis can be treated with antibiotics, but early diagnosis is key, especially for people at high-risk, such as pregnant women, older adults and people with weakened immune systems.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/phn-asp/2...steria-eng.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information