User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Walmart Canada to start charging for plastic bags Feb 9 2016

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Just an update - my store still doesn't charge for bags. Seems like it was just a threat. They have however implemented the coin system for shopping carts. You are now required to pay a $1 (loonie) in order to use the cart as opposed to a quarter that most coin carts require.
    Not a threat re: bags. It is coming to Ontario. Began in British Columbia, rolling its way across the country.
    Ciel and Cake like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I don't know how many places across Canada where their Walmart stores charge for plastic bags, but they don't here. Until next month. Apparently they are going to be charging 5 cents for each plastic bag, or 25 cents for each reusable bag, Nationwide.

Some argue this is good, some bad. Either way, I can't help but find it interesting that it comes on the heels of them closing 269 stores and in the middle of a complete economic meltdown. Well.....not complete. But with oil tanking, prices going up on everything, it's just "another" added expense for many that I'm sure they wish they didn't have to incur.

Those 269 stores they closed down in the States were test stores. They were not regular Walmarts, or SuperCentres.....they were like Express stores.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Our bags are still free "until further notice". But for the first time ever I did the survey on my receipt because I was REALLY upset at the cashier I had, and one of the questions it asked me was if Walmart Canada's decision to charge for plastic bags would affect my choosing to shop at their store. I clicked off yes. Though it wouldn't (we have no other stores here) Zellers left and Target took over and now Target is gone. Where do I shop? lol But I still figured if most people say yes that they may rethink it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information