User Tag List

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well grocery shopped this morning $109 and no meat except deli meat -unreal I even went to lococos for the fruit and veggies (mind you I haven't shopped since a week and a half other than milk eggs butter ,bread at shoppers)
    in January I spent 491.04 for the 2 of us -lived off a lot of stockpile this month wont do as good -oh well got have fruit and veggies
    dropped in the reuse centre got a 1,000 piece puzzle looks brand new for 1.00
    2 -angel ornaments from avon .50 each as they were 50% off -in the box -so will use as add on gifts at xmas

-need to vacuum today and clean washrooms but we will see -as my arthritic knees are killing me from this cold weather

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Grilled cheese & pancakes for supper

If anyone is a fan of Columbia clothing Mark's has some awesome deals on clearance, I got ds1 a hoodie for Christmas and a new winter jacket. Also decided to get my dad a coat and some socks for Father's Day combined with his birthday as they are days apart. I called my mom she said he has 10 coats but I told her they have seem better days and she agreed. When my folks came on Sunday they were going to a dance and his coat had a paint stain.
    So anyways told her I was going to order him a nice Jacket and double checked his size. I guess my brother thought my dad could use a new coat as well as he asked my dad to try his coat (haha). Told mom to tell brother not to get him 1.

Enough babbling here's the link
    https://www.marks.com/en/brands/columbia.html
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must say I am happy I am finally feeling better, I think today is the first day this week I did not have Advil Cold & Sinus for Breakfast and am not fighting off a serious headache.

I have marked down a number of my items on the Buy & Sell site today and hoping to move as much out as I can as I have a bunch more to post but storing this stuff until it is picked up is taking up quite a bit of room. Only down side is I have a note on my profile - No Delivery for the foreseeable future due to unpredictable work schedule (translation I know work will get in the way of me making your delivery). People keep asking if I can make an exception and deliver there item, which if it was worth it I might consider but so far all of them want 1, $1 item, so not worth it.

Now I am counting down to 4 pm. It has felt like a long week.

Have a great Evening everyone.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Angela273: Estevan is about the size of the town where DH and I were born. Technically, DH is from a small town of 500 north of where I'm from (about 20 minutes). We joke that they had to change the population sign when he moved out!

I think I'm going to have to put a reminder on my calendar. Sometimes, I wish I had a phone so it would tell me automatically on the day! Or maybe sticky notes on the mirror, but that would be a lot of clutter.... White board on the refrigerator, it is!

I'm not the best person to ask. Usually, I get the first cold, then a second with the weakened immune system, and sometimes a third. My colds have lasted for months! Perhaps having a toddler carrying home germs from daycare has something to do with that.

@Granger: Constructive criticism is helpful, but in this case, I think your cleaner has failed to show pride in her work. If you did tell her you no longer needed her services, I'm sure she could either guess why or doesn't care. I would only give reasons if she asked.

@saundyl: Those are crazy prices! You really need fruit coupons there!

@SassyAshley: I was watching Undercover Boss on T&T supermarket and one of the workers, while stocking an end cap remarked that putting items on an end cap will move items for sure. I think it's just an easy way of making money. I'm not sure if it's trying to fool people, but if the price is marked, location is just increasing visibility, I think. It's like offering different price points for different items for different budgets, different tastes, etc.

I wonder if everyone bought the lower priced items, if the businesses could afford that volume, and if they would eventually have to raise the prices. Savers like us are used to working harder to get the best deal, so I don't mind if they just move it down the aisle. As long as they have some available for us, I'll take the walk.
    Fruit coupons oh I wish!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I can see how some people cannot afford to buy milk because exactly so many people go in and just buy what they need/want.

Last week when we went shopping the person in front of me must have bought maybe 20 items maybe a couple less and the bill was $90 something and I almost choked. But you saw it this store had fries on sale but they did not buy the ones on sale so instead of paying I think it was $2.99 they paid $6.99. I on the other hand bought about 30 or so items and only paid $30 something.

But I can also see it even with in my own family, One house hold has 3 adult children living in the house who at various times are all on different diets for various reasons and they go out and just buy whatever they need at whatever the price. They have to buy Chicken Breast and Salmon for Child 1 who is on a high protein diet, where is child 2 is on a shake/veggie based diet and are buying Almond Milk, Spinach and Kale and child 3 is a mix of both diet but needs something else for their diet. So every week they go out and buy these items no matter the cost because they "need" them.

It is not hard these days to spend $100 in the grocery store and walk out with next to nothing.
    Milk here is 7.98 plus enviro and deposit for a 1 gallon jug.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -for the food prices you have in your area, it almost might make sense to build a greenhouse and grow your own berries and vegetables!

This month seems to be making waves for many SCers in terms of challenges, finances and relationships. To staying on your own courses and making boundaries stick as best you can!

Made a chiffon cake with spices and cocoa to have with tea yesterday, as I had that fast-moving 1 day drippy cold (for which a trip to Shoppers for ginger ale and a box of tissues was needed). Not much cake is left today, it was that good. I miss baking. May visit Metro to see if the $3.99 Selection garbage bag sale includes the size used at home. Saving 50 cents would be a good thing. While tempted to get the hot dogs on sale at No Frills, I may have to think about getting lentils or canned protein.

Old walking shoes are binned and am wearing the new discounted pair of runners I found in my size just days ago. Let's find out if I can get 5 full months of wear without seams popping or soles flopping.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Did a small purge from the bathroom and threw out expired kids meds.....6 yr old lancet for bfs blood tester machine that he doesn't use...consolidated 3 bottles of rubbing alcohol.

Then went on to empty boys garbage our bedroom one and the bathroom one. While searching for cadet uniforms bf and I removed some too small clothing from ds2's room.

I then purged the entertainment stand...removed 6dvds and Facebook advertised them....3wii games a day tossed all the empty cases or defunct cords. Sold a bag of wool on Facebook as well.

Took the recycling out this morning. We are out this afternoon to find a mattress protector for ds2's bed.

Bf researched our oven issue and ordered a part. He's sure it will fix it sooooo we won't have to replace the stove and will be able to pay the repairs on the stupid stupid flex because it has a issue with the power steering senosr...a recall was out for the issue however my flex is 2 months past the production dates listed and they won't cover it. Grrrr

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Crochetlady, hope you are better! Best wishes for your brother as well, on a good recovery.

When I was teaching, I frequently got bronchitis, which would lead to laryngitis - just awful! Led to pneumonia twice, which was of course much worse.
    The only things which would curb the coughing were cough syrup with codeine (you have to sign for it through the pharmacist), cool mist humidifier in bedroom, and steaming head with towel over a bowl of boiling water.
    So glad I haven't had any of that for ages.

I`m starting to feel a little better. still have a very sore throat and mouth. I managed to eat a little soup today.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @saundyl -for the food prices you have in your area, it almost might make sense to build a greenhouse and grow your own berries and vegetables!

This month seems to be making waves for many SCers in terms of challenges, finances and relationships. To staying on your own courses and making boundaries stick as best you can!

Made a chiffon cake with spices and cocoa to have with tea yesterday, as I had that fast-moving 1 day drippy cold (for which a trip to Shoppers for ginger ale and a box of tissues was needed). Not much cake is left today, it was that good. I miss baking. May visit Metro to see if the $3.99 Selection garbage bag sale includes the size used at home. Saving 50 cents would be a good thing. While tempted to get the hot dogs on sale at No Frills, I may have to think about getting lentils or canned protein.

Old walking shoes are binned and am wearing the new discounted pair of runners I found in my size just days ago. Let's find out if I can get 5 full months of wear without seams popping or soles flopping.
    We have been contemplating that. We grow tomatoes swiss chard spinach spuds peas carrots beans and onions in our little garden. We would have to consider the cost of heating the greenhouse if we decided to build one

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Did a small purge from the bathroom and threw out expired kids meds.....6 yr old lancet for bfs blood tester machine that he doesn't use...consolidated 3 bottles of rubbing alcohol.

Then went on to empty boys garbage our bedroom one and the bathroom one. While searching for cadet uniforms bf and I removed some too small clothing from ds2's room.

I then purged the entertainment stand...removed 6dvds and Facebook advertised them....3wii games a day tossed all the empty cases or defunct cords. Sold a bag of wool on Facebook as well.

Took the recycling out this morning. We are out this afternoon to find a mattress protector for ds2's bed.

Bf researched our oven issue and ordered a part. He's sure it will fix it sooooo we won't have to replace the stove and will be able to pay the repairs on the stupid stupid flex because it has a issue with the power steering senosr...a recall was out for the issue however my flex is 2 months past the production dates listed and they won't cover it. Grrrr

Contact go public and copy the dealership on your email to gopublic you might be amazed how quickly it will be covered
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We have been contemplating that. We grow tomatoes swiss chard spinach spuds peas carrots beans and onions in our little garden. We would have to consider the cost of heating the greenhouse if we decided to build one

I saw an article about students who built a year round greenhouse in Nunavut. You might want to check it out.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys in my area has a couple of great sale items this week. Eggs are 2/$3, limit of 2...which just means I will go more than once this week. 30AM wub2 4L Lucerne milk, which will last us 4 days. My current 50% off offers on my card are sausages, Cheemo perogies, Astro yogurt, and 1kg frozen veggies. I also have some high AM offers for cereals. Not much else planned. The freezer is stocked full of meat and the other sales don't look enticing. I'll have to go back to WM this week because I forgot to purchase nursing pads.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I stocked up on the Pure Maple syrup today at Loblaws!!
    ( regular price $11.99 sale is $5.99 for the large 500 ml bottle !!)
    Frugal?? um, well yes kind of. Sad that I personally cannot have any atm but the gang here have big cravings for homemade pancakes, waffles and the like and I never serve them with fake sugar syrup. I am also happy that the $10.00 bill I found on the floor at FB helped to cover the cost of almost 2 bottles!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Contact go public and copy the dealership on your email to gopublic you might be amazed how quickly it will be covered
    Thank you. I took your suggestion and sent an email out. *crossing fingers*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I saw an article about students who built a year round greenhouse in Nunavut. You might want to check it out.
    There's a thing called Nifti here and it's teaching people to farm in the north

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information