User Tag List

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: February 2016 Frugal chatter thread - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We visited my friend/neighbour this morning. She sent me home with instant chocolate pudding mix and a large can of honey roasted peanuts because her kids weren't eating them. I'm thinking that the peanuts will go good in baking. I've really been enjoying peanut butter lately, but I don't really snack on peanuts. Dh and our 3yr old will eat some. Any suggestions?
    candy coat them like the ones at the carnivals that are super expensive. I haven't used peanuts in recipes myself but have used various other nuts (walnuts, cashews, etc). Make peanut brittle. that's all I've got (haha)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thanks for the tips girls about on-line shopping -25 is not bad for free shipping amazon -if the item goes down in price do you have to tell them or do they just automatically credit you ???
    you just start a chat with them and they will do the credit right away (may take a few days for the banks to credit your cc) and they will email you a copy of the chat session (love this about amazon.ca).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I've never seen a produce reduce rack at my WM, I always stock the baked good reduced rack, got some loaves soft fresh bread for .92 which was super fresh, threw them in the freezer.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We visited my friend/neighbour this morning. She sent me home with instant chocolate pudding mix and a large can of honey roasted peanuts because her kids weren't eating them. I'm thinking that the peanuts will go good in baking. I've really been enjoying peanut butter lately, but I don't really snack on peanuts. Dh and our 3yr old will eat some. Any suggestions?
    If you know they aren't going to be used right away, separate some and put them in the freezer.
    Chop some up and keep in the freezer, too - I use them with ice cream (even if we don't make full-on sundaes), or mix in pudding, etc. I find if they are already chopped, then I'm more likely to throw a handful in anything I'm baking.
    Also, if you crush them, you can add in casseroles, or combine with breadcrumbs for coating for meats.

Nuts and bolts mix - I just made a big batch, and add peanuts.

Well, Pancake Day was a success - we all ate lots and there are still leftovers. I made pork sausages and a omelette to go with.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I would chop them up and make homemade Eatmore bars, I think the honey roasted peanuts would work well in this recipe. http://www.cooks.com/recipe/g120o38x/eat-more-bars.html

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Saw the nurse practitioner this afternoon. I`ve had a terrible cough all week. Haven`t been getting much sleep.Got a chest x ray...she thinks I might have pneumonia.
    I hate to say "like" to this post, but I am acknowledging it. So sorry you are facing this! Please take care. Rest when you can, and build your strength back.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Yep it is going to be one of those days. Was just talking to some of the guys and my ankle gave out well just standing there down on my butt I went.
    Oh, Ashley! I hope you are okay!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -second time in my life I ordered online -first was indigo 2 weeks ago -free shipping
    -second was on sunday joe fresh -again free shipping and I was overcharged 8.00 on the mens gloves ugggg so I called and they said this hardly ever happens but we will credit your charge card will take 4-7 days
    -and I like ordering but I will never pay shipping not interested in that -I would rather go into a store than pay shipping
    -cleaning kitchen cupboards -the ones below -you know how you throw bowls and leftover containers in well I am gonna organize -not going out today
    -gonna babysit on Wednesday don't have to watch her in morning just go there at 11.30 as my son is on night shift

-update nope the order amount was right(I checked my credit card pending order amount) the email sent out to me was the wrong total -pheww
    I received an e-mail from Joe Fresh today too, they had also charged me for shipping and I had not even noticed. Glad they did!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't have the kitchen equipment to make peanut butter.
    @Angela273 : I'm assuming that means you don't have a food processor? I hear that's all you need. Maybe a blender would work too? I've never really known how the two were all that different, unless you're making dough or using a special attachment.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I would chop them up and make homemade Eatmore bars, I think the honey roasted peanuts would work well in this recipe. http://www.cooks.com/recipe/g120o38x/eat-more-bars.html
    Thanjs. I like the looks of this recipe. I'd add dried cranberries too. I don't have too much honey, so I guess I'd better add it to my running grocery list.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Since dh changed routes at work, it is now easier and more convenient for him to fuel up at the CO-OP. I have a CO-OP number, so dh has been using it. You need to spend $1,000 at CO-OP in a year in order to receive a rebate cheque, I guess I can finally anticipate my first debate cheque since I only buy some groceries there.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Angela, so glad all your family seems to be doing well. How are YOU feeling, busy lady?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Angela, so glad all your family seems to be doing well. How are YOU feeling, busy lady?
    I feel like I am in a bit of a limbo. The provincial election date is April 4, which is when we will find out if dh is going to be an MLA or continue with his current job which is as a unionized delivery driver. My employment future is uncertain. There is a lot of work to continue doing between now and the Election Day.

I'm currently updating my resume to apply for next year's teaching contracts. The public school division here does a mass application process once a year. They do not post the teaching positions. They will be interviewing a lot of applicants in mid-March this year, they give you a "report card" style mark which they never disclose to you, and then use that mark to determine the likelihood of them offering you a teaching contract. I will also be applying for teaching contracts with our local Catholic school division. If I do not have a full-time teaching contract in the fall then it does not make financial sense for us to pay around $1,700 a month in just childcare bills...and we currently don't have a daycare lined up for our 3 young children. It is a very real possibility that I might stay home with our young children for a while and take in a couple of daycare kids in order to make a small income and avoid the large daycare bill that we would have if I were teaching. If this ends up being the case then I might pick up another university course towards my second university degree. I think I have 6 courses left to go, which mostly consists of electives. By continuing to take courses it would help my employability when I did try to return to teaching.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Another financial day, paid the hydro bill and made my HBP contribution tonight. I'm freaked out that I'll miss another one after I completely forgot to contribute at all one year and had to declare it as income.

Took a deep breath and made the lump sum contribution today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's coming on 2am and I haven't gotten to bed yet. As I've said before, the twins are teething. Tonight it is baby girl who is still up, both of her brothers were up earlier. It's really hit and miss sometimes. Baby girl slept soundly for about 10.5hrs, but I was up with her twin brother from 4:30-6am on Monday night.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 10th, 2016 at 08:16 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information