• 2 Post By Tweets77
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 3 Post By Tweets77
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 2 Post By Hoser

Thread: New Balance customer service

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have been purchasing New Balance walking shoes for the last 8 years. I usually have one pair for work, one pair for walking on the treadmill and one pair for kicking around. I try to buy my walking shoes on sale, and sometimes buy 2 or more pairs at a time. In early December 2015 I pulled out a pair from the closet to use on the treadmill. I had sort of forgotten that they were there for the past 3 years. (they were wayyy in the back) I had only worn them maybe 9 times when I started having trouble with the heel of my left foot. I purchased gel inserts to keep my heel padded, but they didn't help. I then got in touch with New Balance and they came back with several questions which I answered in my return email. What I got back clearly indicated that they had not read my return email and was a generic response. I emailed back clarifying my position and have not heard back. I am disappointed in how this was handled and let them know. I will be looking a purchasing another brand of walking shoe for the future.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Fit 4 Balance site indicates that is it no longer offers online sales for New Balance shoes as of this month.
    http://www.fit4balance.ca/

OP, I'm sorry to hear of your shoe issues. My current cross-trainers with safety soles have been coming apart in the fourth month of wear and I'm now in month 6. Will have to see if it's possible to find another shoe brand with a toebox and rugged sole I can walk in. If only New Balance did not discontinue two older cross-trainer styles that would last me about 1 year per pair! But I cannot walk into most shoe stores and find size 12, let alone toeboxes that fit my feet.
    I'm going to have to rely on the local independent store for orders because I know the NB stores do not carry my size.

Oh, to be able to afford custom-made shoes...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Wow...isn't that special. They gave me a code for a $30 credit to purchase another pair of New Balance shoes online and I don't shop online.

Can still shop at Newbalance.ca
    Last edited by Tweets77; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2016 at 03:31 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hmm, that response is not ideal for you.
    Did New Balance email you the newsletter with mention of the 2016 Lookbook? Just saw it in my account. I have to look around online to see what I can find for footwear elsewhere. One shoe seam is about half open along the inner edge. Might be time to put some electrical tape on!
    There's a different shoe brand (not a sport shoe company) that carries 12s-but whenever I select the filter to just show the shoes in 12s, the website goes into an error mode. Guess I'm not going to find my shoes on their site....
    Tweets77 likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

No offence Ciel, but I don't think I will ever order shoes online. I really like to try things on first and see how they feel. I have made that mistake in the past. I don't have an unusual size or shape but I just like to try shoes on. I am sorry that you have the issues that you do. It sucks!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    No offence Ciel, but I don't think I will ever order shoes online. I really like to try things on first and see how they feel. I have made that mistake in the past. I don't have an unusual size or shape but I just like to try shoes on. I am sorry that you have the issues that you do. It sucks!
    I buy shoes online all the time. If they don't fit I return them just like any other purchase. If free shipping with a return label isn't an option I just take them back to the store. I find better deals online.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with both of you. lol I like to shop online and think there are better deals online MOST of the time especially if shipping is free. Example, I like to shop on Walmart and will make sure I qualify for the free shipping. However I have bought stuff like blue jeans from Walmart and end up returning them because of the fit even though they are supposedly my size. I really want to get new jeans but I have a dilemma now. Keep trying online and return them, or pay someone to drive me to a store and wait till I try some on? Shopping for clothing especially can be a pain for me!

P.S.
    I hope you get things worked out to your liking Tweets77.
    Last edited by Hoser; Thu, Feb 4th, 2016 at 01:01 AM.
    Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Three times I've been in New Balance stores and my size is not in stock. Hence, the resorting to online ordering. But there are two white leather look shoes left in the Cross training lineup and the soles are not as lugged as older models were. So I won't be able to get adequate traction for winter in new shoes. Will make do with my current pair and figure out what is available in April elsewhere (which won't be cross trainers).

Thread Information