• 3 Post By Natali Borisob
  • 1 Post By jsmile
  • 1 Post By lorken

Thread: What am I missing at Shopper's?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also posted in this thread:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/404309-...on-sdm-canada/

Can someone help me with this please? I went to use the coupons today for the $0.79 sale at Shopper's. They said they couldn't take my coupon because it was higher than the sale amount. I was able to buy 2 the last time, 2 weeks ago, so why the difference today? And is this acceptable?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Silk, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    I spent $300 on Christmas gifts on Amazon & it was ALL FREE!
    This year I'm working on an additional $300!
    Feel free to PM me any questions & get started here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TannieS

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

They usually just reduce the coupon. I would just ask for the manager who would probably explain to them to just reduce the coupon.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Tannie and Davetherave like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was hoping you would respond!

The lady even went and asked another girl and when she told me she couldn't do it because it was a higher price, I said that I thought they would do the price of the Royale, not the $1.00 price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Here, at our SDM, they won't let us use a coupon which is over the cost of an item, either. Hence, my Royale coupons went unused...

I know other people have better luck.
    Silk, Tannie and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've run into the same problem too when I tried using my Almay coupons a while back. I had to combine items in order for them to use 1 coupon. I tried explaining to them about reducing the coupon down, but after 2 managers later, they still wouldn't do it ... even with the $3 cottonelle coupons for when the wipes were $2.99 ... needless to say, I now price match at No Frills or Walmart.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much for the quick responses! I'm still new to couponing and I wanted to make sure it wasn't me!

So right now it sounds like it depends on the store/manager.

Good to know for the future!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    Thank you so much for the quick responses! I'm still new to couponing and I wanted to make sure it wasn't me!

So right now it sounds like it depends on the store/manager.

Good to know for the future!

No it's not you lol, it's sdm. Different rules all over the place and they should get their act together. Even at my own store, the evening shift has suddenly decided the rule is one of each coupon. I have a feeling they misunderstood some memo lol. The day shift is still accepting multiples. I just go to a different location if I have multiple coupons.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    coupondiva, Tannie and Davetherave like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A cashier at Shoppers told me I could not use a coupon for an item that was worth less than the coupon a couple of weeks ago.
    I have not had any problems like this at other stores, just Shoppers so far. Some stores might just reduce the value of the coupon if the sale item is cheaper than the coupon in my experience.
    Silk, Tannie and Davetherave like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my shoppers reduced the coupon for the almay makeup -yep it just depends on the different stores

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    I also posted in this thread:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/404309-...on-sdm-canada/

Can someone help me with this please? I went to use the coupons today for the $0.79 sale at Shopper's. They said they couldn't take my coupon because it was higher than the sale amount. I was able to buy 2 the last time, 2 weeks ago, so why the difference today? And is this acceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Here, at our SDM, they won't let us use a coupon which is over the cost of an item, either. Hence, my Royale coupons went unused...

I know other people have better luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by booboo1057 View Post
    I've run into the same problem too when I tried using my Almay coupons a while back. I had to combine items in order for them to use 1 coupon. I tried explaining to them about reducing the coupon down, but after 2 managers later, they still wouldn't do it ... even with the $3 cottonelle coupons for when the wipes were $2.99 ... needless to say, I now price match at No Frills or Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    my shoppers reduced the coupon for the almay makeup -yep it just depends on the different stores

From SDM's 'coupon acceptance guidelines:

2.8 If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail value of the item.

I carry around a copy of each store's coupon policy in my coupon book - although sometimes I forget to refer to them/or that I have them if I'm rushed or stressed out by the cashier!

You can find SDM's 'coupon acceptance guidelines' on their website - at the bottom of the page under customer service

Silk
    Ciel, Poirot, Tannie and 3 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks,I didn't know it.I had the same problem with coupons.Now I will make a copy of that document
    Silk, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natali Borisob View Post
    Thanks,I didn't know it.I had the same problem with coupons.Now I will make a copy of that document
    There was one head cashier/supervisor that didn't take my printed coupons. I didn't argue it very much. I wonder if I had th epolicy in my pocket or brought it up on my cell phone, itf it would really help or change the supervisors mind. A lot of the stores don't operate in the same way. Has anyone been successful in using the policy to argue for coupons or it is just based on the store and what coupons they decide to accept?
    dededi likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    There was one head cashier/supervisor that didn't take my printed coupons. I didn't argue it very much. I wonder if I had th epolicy in my pocket or brought it up on my cell phone, itf it would really help or change the supervisors mind. A lot of the stores don't operate in the same way. Has anyone been successful in using the policy to argue for coupons or it is just based on the store and what coupons they decide to accept?
    Yes, I used WM's policy to ensure I got overage. The supervisor took my copy of WM's coupon policy and a $5 coupons I had into her office and made a call - I assume to the head office. Took about 15 min but she came back and said fine. I was able to use both of the $5 coupons I had to get overage which came to about $2.50 per coupon.

Silk

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just out of curiosity: if the coupon presented says 'save $1' and the item is less, does the store actually cross out the $1 and write on the amount they allowed the customer to redeem for, or do they go ahead and redeem it to the manufacturer for the face value that they didn't honour?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by fanofearl View Post
    Just out of curiosity: if the coupon presented says 'save $1' and the item is less, does the store actually cross out the $1 and write on the amount they allowed the customer to redeem for, or do they go ahead and redeem it to the manufacturer for the face value that they didn't honour?
    When I worked in retail several years ago, they would go ahead and redeem it to the manufacturer for the full face value.

The reasoning was that this was the amount the manufacturer had promised to reimburse them for, so this was the amount they claimed. The manufacturer's reps seemed to agree with that reasoning too. The prevailing philosophy was that ultimately, the coupon represented a promise by the manufacturer to reimburse the seller for the stated fixed amount.

The value the customer received from the coupon wasn't important to the manufacturer or seller. The coupon was a tool designed to get the customer to purchase that particular item instead of a competing one. Whatever value the customer got from the coupon didn't really matter.

In the end, the customer benefits from getting a discount, the manufacturer benefits because the customer buys his product rather than a competitor's, and the seller benefits because they get their wholesale price reduced by the value of the coupon. So everyone was happy.
    ottawacouponlady likes this.

Thread Information