User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Union To Pearson Airport - FREE ride for 3 days - UP Express - Family Day Weekend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is a great ride, if you have kids or if you are coming/going to the airport.

usually its quite expensive per person, so if you want to try it out for free or just go for a joy ride, this coming Family weeken, from Feb. 13 - Feb. 15 , i.e Sat, Sun, Mon its completely FREE

Train takes 25 mins from Union to Pearson airport and vice versa with couple of stops along the way. I believe its a diesel train and not an electric train. Kids might like/enjoy it

Train runs for 21 hrs a day from 5.00 am in morning to 2.00 am at night. I belive every 15 mins or so , they have a train

https://www.facebook.com/UnionPearso...type=3&theater

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Feb 13th, 2016 at 08:10 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just a heads up that the weekend coincides with reading week for university students who might be thrilled at a free ride to Pearson for their trip to sunny climes!

How are people to reserve tickets for their rides? There can be no way to allow a free-for-all boarding without passes-that would make a mess of the scheduling.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Feb 7th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This was found on and I don't see the details on their site or on UP Express about reserving tickets nor do I see mention of this freebie on UP Express site.
    Found it on FB. Not that I can use it living in Niagara. lol
    https://www.facebook.com/UnionPearso...type=3&theater

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

thanks for posting! I've taken the train to the airport before and I liked it. Was really easy. My dad wants to test it out for next time we need it, so nice to test it free .

It was just me and DH going so it was cost effective. A family of 3 would still be cheaper to take a taxi though
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Feb 7th, 2016 at 05:48 PM.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just heard on the news that they aren't getting a lot of riders so they must be losing money. I suspect this is a way for them to promote themselves.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Just a heads up that the weekend coincides with reading week for university students who might be thrilled at a free ride to Pearson for their trip to sunny climes!

How are people to reserve tickets for their rides? There can be no way to allow a free-for-all boarding without passes-that would make a mess of the scheduling.
    Its also the NBA All Star weekend in Toronto. So lot of tourist should be coming from outside ( maybe even USA ).

The TAXI guys are also planning to go on a strike to protest against UBER that weekend. So consider all that, before going on a joy ride
    Ciel, torontogal12, dededi and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Plus I think dogs ( not just service dogs ) are also allowed on this train, to the best of my knowledge. I don't think TTC allows that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Maybe take an empty check in bag with you, so people think you are going to/fro from the airport and not just going for a joy ride .

Pretend you are going to miss the flight or something to create drama ..he he

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Just heard on the news that they aren't getting a lot of riders so they must be losing money. I suspect this is a way for them to promote themselves.

Yup, lot of times its only 10 % full !

Its not a bad train, but the high priced consultants & private contractor guys made a fortune on it & ripped of ON taxpayers . Went way over the budget & ended up being a HALF a BILLION dollars, white elephant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have some little friends who would love a ride on the train. thanks for the heads up.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthefree View Post
    i have some little friends who would love a ride on the train. thanks for the heads up.
    Its going to be - 20 C next weekend , after a relatively warm and NO snow winter , so bundle up your little friends, if you go.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Plus I think dogs ( not just service dogs ) are also allowed on this train, to the best of my knowledge. I don't think TTC allows that.
    Someone in Hamilton who had lived in Toronto is trying to get the Hamilton Street Railway to allow her dog on the buses, as she was able to do so with the TTC. If that happens in Hamilton, I will not risk boarding the bus as it's congested enough as is and some lap dog owners don't have poochie in carriers but doggy strollers or on lap (though they wander on the bench seats). Don't need a dog bite in an enclosed vehicle!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have participated) but alas work) is good information and excellent post +++++++

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ttc allows dogs during non rush hour times. I can't remember exactly when but there's a sign posted on the subways inside by the designated waiting area entrance
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Ttc allows dogs during non rush hour times. I can't remember exactly when but there's a sign posted on the subways inside by the designated waiting area entrance
    Yeah looks like it. Not sure if buses/streetcars and subway trains have different rule or the same.

Can I bring my dog, my pets, on the TTC?

Leashed pets or pets secured in an enclosed container are welcome to travel on the TTC during weekends and weekday off-peak periods - that is before 6:30 a.m.; 10 a.m. to 3:30 pm; after 7 p.m.. A Service Animal may accompany a passenger at any time. See the TTC By-law, Section 3, for full details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information