User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By blueeyetea

Thread: CAA vs Canadian Tire roadside assisstance.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 5th, 2017
    I'm currently a CAA plus member.Has any-one used CT's roadside service. Or any other roadside assistance service.

CT appears cheaper, but I've never come across any-one who has used the service. I'm satisfied with CAA but now our cars are getting older I'm concerned that there will be more of a need for towing and other services..
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Automobile Association CAA, Canadian Tire

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Honestly, with the constant bad reviews I have heard and experienced when it comes to CT branded anything (tire shop, auto repair, batteries, customer service...) I would stick with CAA. I don't think this is going to be an exception to CT's constantly-kind-of-crappy rule, I think you'll get mediocre service at best and no service at worst, and then you're really stuck.

The worst time to find out that something sucks is when you're stranded on the side of the road. Even if CAA is a bit more expensive, it's tried-and-true and I would trust them over CT.
    mulock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'd go with CAA, especially if you ever travel in the US.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Honestly, with the constant bad reviews I have heard and experienced when it comes to CT branded anything (tire shop, auto repair, batteries, customer service...) I would stick with CAA. I don't think this is going to be an exception to CT's constantly-kind-of-crappy rule, I think you'll get mediocre service at best and no service at worst, and then you're really stuck.

The worst time to find out that something sucks is when you're stranded on the side of the road. Even if CAA is a bit more expensive, it's tried-and-true and I would trust them over CT.
    I agree.....I'd avoid CT for roadside assistance. Nothing but horror stories regarding their automotive department. Say fior example you get a flat tire, likely CT Roadside Assistance will tow you to the nearest Canadian Tire and tell you "Jeesh, the engine is blown and you're going to need a new frame. Pity the wheel went flat as a result of the bent frame."

Thread Information