User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: I felt like an Olympian! Huge pool!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How wonderful that it's so cheap to use such a wonderful facility!

Enjoy! I miss swimming! Sure, you should go diving - or wait til I get there, I have my bronze medallion and can keep an eye out for you.
    Ciel, walkonby, ticul and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info, I hadn't realized it was open to public. Very handy ...
    avoncallingu, Ciel, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't beat the cost and it's helping you stay in shape.Name:  CoolClips_wb025659.gif
Views: 194
Size:  16.8 KB
    avoncallingu, Ciel, ticul and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How wonderful that it's so cheap to use such a wonderful facility!

Enjoy! I miss swimming! Sure, you should go diving - or wait til I get there, I have my bronze medallion and can keep an eye out for you.
    oh wow! A medal winner!! Congrats Natalka. I know myself, ever since I experienced Vertigo ( quite a few years ago, but I still" shudder " about it so I stay far away from certain activities, diving off any height of a board would be one of them )

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    Thanks for the info, I hadn't realized it was open to public. Very handy ...
    Me too! who knew they would allow us peasants to use the facility after the Games were done??

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Can't beat the cost and it's helping you stay in shape.Name:  CoolClips_wb025659.gif
Views: 194
Size:  16.8 KB
    I'll just replace that word in your post with a more accurate one...." get " . tee hee, although once I get there maybe this time I will stay that way.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 17th, 2016 at 05:52 PM.
    avoncallingu, Ciel, ticul and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No, no, not a medal winner - Bronze Medallion is a level in Red Cross swimming/lifesaving.
    avoncallingu, Ciel, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    No, no, not a medal winner - Bronze Medallion is a level in Red Cross swimming/lifesaving.
    oops! in that case whew! thanks, you'd have my back

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Oooooh excellent! I'm a swimmer and didn't know this was open to the public. Going to check it out. I found their schedule online and am confused regarding what time slots is open for public swimming....the "drop in" or "leisure swim"?
    avoncallingu, Ciel, ticul and 2 others like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow walkonby. I had no idea this was your brag. I glanced at the title quite a few times and after guessing that someone must have bragged about some kind of sports...i used to go back to my sdm thread. Lol.
    Good for you to be abke to do so much exercise. And the facility being near to your home means less gas expense. You got a great deal here. Keep it up!

(I dont know how to swim but i have heard from some swimmers that swimming is very good to ease body aches. Is it right?)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

looks like a grrrrrreat pool, walkonby!
    i love swimming. it's great exercise

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Oooooh excellent! I'm a swimmer and didn't know this was open to the public. Going to check it out. I found their schedule online and am confused regarding what time slots is open for public swimming....the "drop in" or "leisure swim"?
    I wish I could find a better way to post the section for the winter lane swim, but I only know how to scan the sheet and then save it to my desktop so here it is! I can never figure out how to get rid of the large black area that takes up most of the page??

So also you know there is 2 hrs FREE parking eh? Grab a ticket when you go in, and insert the same ticket in the slot when you leave. Today was SO awesome I beat my last record! I swam 1.5 hrs nearly all non stop ( minus the few times I need to readjust my goggles and stuff like that ) and then after I changed and got in my vehicle that's when I saw I had just 2 minutes grace left on my ticket!!
    The pool length was cut in half today with floaty partitions so the length was 25 metres. Almost no one was there when I went!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    avoncallingu, Ciel, salady and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Love it, thank you!!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good for you, Walks! We will have to be calling you "Swims."
    Ciel, walkonby and ticul like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Some kind of Swimming Club had rented out ALL but one single lane today! I got there just after 5 a.m. and at first not too bad, but then the " pros " arrived! You know the ones that need to pass up the middle if they are behind a slower swimmer?
    Well after 1 hour of dodging a few of these types and getting hit 3 separate times when I was not even the person slowing them, I was coming the other way in my own lane ( thank you very much! )

UGH!! Finally after some grumbling we got another lane opened, so my second hour of swimming was simply heavenly!! Very relaxing and calming, plus the bonus of exercise. I heard today the Outside workers ( CUPE? ) reached a tentative agreement. I was sure the Aquatic Centre was going to be impacted by a strike, so I am very happy they settled.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good to hear about the workers got a tentative agreement. A strike would really affect most public services just as the weather is warming up (I'm sure the ferry workers notice longer lineups for the ferry despite the winter service schedule).
    walkonby likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

$3.50 for adults, female only times, non-chlorine water, huge pool with lots of room and free parking?! I'm so jealous!!! We pay $50 a month for a membership at the YMCA who has a dinky little pool with three lanes which you have to share with 3-5 different people at one time (yes, one lane with up to 5 people meaning up to 15 people "lane" swimming at once!) and the water is so heavily chlorinated it makes your eyes sting just walking into the building. Plus the fact that they are constantly closing it for one reason or another and the lane "strings" break and take forever to fix. Anyways I could go on all day.

Enjoy your swimming I'll be thinking of you when I leave the pool more stressed then I went in the next time
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information