User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: Easter Package Train

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thank you both for your perspectives! I am new to this birthday party thing. I would not have a problem with either drop and go or people staying for a party if we hosted one (her birthday is Dec 23 so we just haven't had one yet for friends). gwennad: your reason is exactly why I would like to meet people. I am a teacher and have the same holidays off as the kids. If our kids get along and you have to work, (and you trust me), I could help you out here and there (not for $) but because like pooh says your a "crew." I really believe in the it takes a village mantra.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Feb 27th, 2016 at 10:12 PM.
    scbpooh, gwennad and julesie-pie like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Everyone out shopping?

The party went very well. Ran into an old friend that fosters. His DD is in the same class. There were a lot of parents and I was able to say hello and get to know a few. It was so busy it was hard to tell who the mom in charge was. My friend needed to leave to pick up another foster child from soccer. I got his number and told him I would look out for his DD and was staying for the whole thing. I found birthday mom eventually, introduced myself and helped her hand out food.

They didn't have time to do gifts because there were at least 20 kids (=20 presents). I 100% understand why. We put a lot of time into it though so it was a little disappointing not to get to see the birthday girl's reaction. I love making themed baskets. If you follow the Dollarama thread you would have already seen it. I got a few items there, like the Frozen popcorn bucket which inspired the rest.
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, Feb 28th, 2016 at 07:49 PM.
    scbpooh, becky_j and julesie-pie like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

I have had a fussy baby all weekend due to I think teething, sounds early but DD1 got her first teeth at 4 months so I wouldn't be surprised if DD2 gets her first ones soon! Today I had a migraine boo, but luckily it seems to been gone now.
    Crochetlady likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

I have decided to hold a trivia contest! The rider with the most correct answers wins a surprise in the mail There will be 14 questions. No cheating by using Google! First person to answer correctly in this thread wins the round!

Round 1 - Easter Island belongs to which South American country?

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    I have decided to hold a trivia contest! The rider with the most correct answers wins a surprise in the mail There will be 14 questions. No cheating by using Google! First person to answer correctly in this thread wins the round!

Chile
    julesie-pie likes this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Everyone out shopping?

The party went very well. Ran into an old friend that fosters. His DD is in the same class. There were a lot of parents and I was able to say hello and get to know a few. It was so busy it was hard to tell who the mom in charge was. My friend needed to leave to pick up another foster child from soccer. I got his number and told him I would look out for his DD and was staying for the whole thing. I found birthday mom eventually, introduced myself and helped her hand out food.

They didn't have time to do gifts because there were at least 20 kids (=20 presents). I 100% understand why. We put a lot of time into it though so it was a little disappointing not to get to see the birthday girl's reaction. I love making themed baskets. If you follow the Dollarama thread you would have already seen it. I got a few items there, like the Frozen popcorn bucket which inspired the rest.
    I did a lot of shopping. Well I did some online shopping any way
    Jackson often doesn't have time to open the gifts. I think it depends on how many kids and how active too. The early parties the kids did not want to sit still long enough to open anything!

I have had a fussy baby all weekend due to I think teething, sounds early but DD1 got her first teeth at 4 months so I wouldn't be surprised if DD2 gets her first ones soon! Today I had a migraine boo, but luckily it seems to been gone now.
    Jackson got his first tooth at 16 weeks. He started losing the baby ones early too. I'm home with a headache, and cause there is freezing rain I don't feel like dealing with!

No idea... I'm not good with geography. Ask me a dinosaur question
    julesie-pie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Saw all these posts and good to see people are so into it...Unfortunately not much shopping done for the weekend since an incident happened and we had to leave our car with the dealer for the weekend. We were going to the falls for Saturday and Sunday and because with no car, we left Friday night right after work... So I didn't get to be too productive with shopping besides getting some chocolates and obviously I didn't read these posts too much.

I will try to go through the questions and see. I can tell you we don't celebrate Easter much from a religion perspective. As for chocolate, preference would be dark, milk chocolate than white. No Olafs because I don't have a kid in the house.

As for clothing, I don't think I mentioned anything about clothing, so perhaps you are not my buddy.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Chile
    you're correct!

Round 2 coming sometime later today!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    I did a lot of shopping. Well I did some online shopping any way
    Jackson often doesn't have time to open the gifts. I think it depends on how many kids and how active too. The early parties the kids did not want to sit still long enough to open anything!

Jackson got his first tooth at 16 weeks. He started losing the baby ones early too. I'm home with a headache, and cause there is freezing rain I don't feel like dealing with!

No idea... I'm not good with geography. Ask me a dinosaur question
    When DD1 was little we opened presents but last year she had more friends & we had a gymnastics party so there just wasn't the time. Most birthday parties she goes to they don't open the presents at the party.

Even though DD1's party isn't until early June we have started looking into where to have it as things seem to book up fast in June. This year it looks like it will be at a local indoor playground.

Hope you feel better soon! & boo on freezing rain! We woke up to snow & cold brrrr. It's supposed to be warmer again tomorrow though, yay
    scbpooh likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

@couponteen101 I see you peeking, you are welcome to join the trivia game as well
    Granger and couponteen101 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Interesting to hear all of the birthday party perspectives. We have only ever had family parties and have always opened presents. When they were really little the older kids got to open the presents for the babies. As a giver, I like seeing people open my present when I am there, because I always put lots of thought into it. Probably why I love these trains. It amazes me how people online I can barely know send better and more tailored gifts to me and my kids than people I do know! As a receiver, I like being able to say thank you face to face.

Now that our family is growing and we have three girls and MANY nieces and nephews, we are doing one big family party a year for one child. 2015 was at an indoor playground on Dec 23 for DD1. 2016 will be DD3's first birthday in July.

DD2 turns 4 next week (Mon). On Sat. she is having a friend sleepover and we are taking them to an arcade/midway. We have told family if they want to give wishes in person, they can at their convenience bc we know how busy family life is. We will probably see everyone at Easter anyway if they can't.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:46 AM.
    scbpooh and julesie-pie like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Parties are interesting. I only started the friend parties when Jackson started school. He has only opened gifts at one of his parties, and we spent a lot of time practicing saying how nice the gift is even if he didn't really like it, and the understanding mommy would make it better. I had to do that this year actually, someone gave him a really cool game but the box had been opened in store and most of the pieces were missing... so we took it back and of course there wasn't another one in store, but we got a different game and he wasn't to say a word... but when they are kids that is hard! I have thrown his party at the same place 3 years in a row, and won't be able to again. I'm thinking of a home sleepover party with just a couple kids, but it's in December so we'll see! We also go to Swiss Chalet for his birthday every year, his favourite place (and free for kids on their birthdays lol).

Binge watching Fuller House. First episode was very stupid. But the rest are kind of funny. Brings back such memories lol.
    julesie-pie and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

@couponteen101 I see you peeking, you are welcome to join the trivia game as well

Haha thanks! I totally regret not joining!
    julesie-pie likes this.
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I got a few things for my buddy this weekend. I wont be buying anything online this time around because it took so long to come in last time. I had a sick baby all weekend, fever of 100 which isn't too bad, but he was very whiny. He even had to sleep in our bed (he has always been a crib sleeper) Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I woke up at every movement he made DH said he didn't hear thing lol
    julesie-pie likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Interesting to hear all of the birthday party perspectives. We have only ever had family parties and have always opened presents. When they were really little the older kids got to open the presents for the babies. As a giver, I like seeing people open my present when I am there, because I always put lots of thought into it. Probably why I love these trains. It amazes me how people online I can barely know send better and more tailored gifts to me and my kids than people I do know! As a receiver, I like being able to say thank you face to face.

Now that our family is growing and we have three girls and MANY nieces and nephews, we are doing one big family party a year for one child. 2015 was at an indoor playground on Dec 23 for DD1. 2016 will be DD3's first birthday in July.

DD2 turns 4 next week (Mon). On Sat. she is having a friend sleepover and we are taking them to an arcade/midway. We have told family if they want to give wishes in person, they can at their convenience bc we know how busy family life is. We will probably see everyone at Easter anyway if they can't.
    We had DD1's first 4 birthdays in my parent's back garden because her birthday is in June & their garden is massive. It was just friends of mine that had kids, & we opened gifts. When she was 4 we actually had 2 friends birthday parties for her, because we had just moved to Edmonton, here I just took 2 of her friends to a local indoor playground. Then a TO one at my parent's because we went back for a month visit. Last year's gymnastics one was our first big one. I really didn't want 10 kids in my house as my DD1 & one friend make big enough messes when she gas play dates. Can't have it outside because June in Edmonton is unpredictable (first year here it was freezing on her birthday, last year it was really warm) & I still don't even gave grass in my back garden yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Parties are interesting. I only started the friend parties when Jackson started school. He has only opened gifts at one of his parties, and we spent a lot of time practicing saying how nice the gift is even if he didn't really like it, and the understanding mommy would make it better. I had to do that this year actually, someone gave him a really cool game but the box had been opened in store and most of the pieces were missing... so we took it back and of course there wasn't another one in store, but we got a different game and he wasn't to say a word... but when they are kids that is hard! I have thrown his party at the same place 3 years in a row, and won't be able to again. I'm thinking of a home sleepover party with just a couple kids, but it's in December so we'll see! We also go to Swiss Chalet for his birthday every year, his favourite place (and free for kids on their birthdays lol).

Binge watching Fuller House. First episode was very stupid. But the rest are kind of funny. Brings back such memories lol.
    Ooooo....I wa thinking of watching that too! I tried watching the original a Full House on Netflix which I loved growing, but now I found it a bit painful & boring to watch lol

Quote Originally Posted by couponteen101 View Post
    Haha thanks! I totally regret not joining!
    i told you �� Just make sure you join the next one

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    I got a few things for my buddy this weekend. I wont be buying anything online this time around because it took so long to come in last time. I had a sick baby all weekend, fever of 100 which isn't too bad, but he was very whiny. He even had to sleep in our bed (he has always been a crib sleeper) Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I woke up at every movement he made DH said he didn't hear thing lol
    Awwww, hope he is feeling better soon! Hubby is the same with DD2, she is in a crib in our room & he never hears her.
    Granger likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Round 2 (No using Google etc)

What annual event takes place on the White House lawn every Easter Monday?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information