User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Keelenorth
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Keelenorth
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Longos Roast Chicken Seasoning YAY or NAY ?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure if its just me or not ,but I do not like the seasoning Longos put on their roasted Chicken I prefer it just roasted with no seasoning like Costco Walmart Fortinos etc do it .How about you
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Fortinos, Longo's, Walmart
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you mean the rosemary? I quite like it
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since family at home like their roast chicken from Fortino's and Walmart, let me assure you that if the chickens weren't salted, they would not purchased by those family members (they really like their salt, rather too much).

Rosemary (love that herb), torontogal12? Ooh, something to keep in mind to seek out when the Longos Ancaster store opens later this year (building is still ongoing).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No Not the Rosemary the BBq or what ever its suppose to be their original rotisserie chicken
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Never liked buying those chickens anyways no matter where they are from because they are always so dried out. But as someone who doesn't like rosemary that would make the chicken even worse IMO.
    Ciel likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think all the stores not just Longos, they taste pretty bad. they are too dry and not too moist and juicy.

Plus most of them the herbs and spices are just on the skin, so once the skin is removed the actual meat is pretty bland and tasteless. So it's not marinated properly, where the spices and herbs actually penetrate inside the chicken and body.

they just brush and glaze it on the outside, so pretty much just the skin and nothing goes inside. Usually you will have to add some salt, pepper etc later on to have some taste to it..maybe even eat with some sauce or gravy.
    Ciel and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Thread Information