User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Starbucks re-vamping their rewards program.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Hey, why did everyone not notice the other important fact that all current gold members would be switched back to "green level" starting April? And that starting from that point we would all need 300 stars ($150 purchase before tax) to become gold member again, and then we can think about getting free item after achieving ANOTHER 125 stars (- $62.5 before tax)?

Basically, starting April, you'll need to spend minimum $212.5 before tax to get you first free item, and then every $62.5 before tax for the next one.

Bye, Starbucks!
    I didn't notice that at all. I have gold status until Sept next year. This change really sucks but SB is my #1 choice for coffee but I can't change my buying habit just to maintain the gold status. This news really affects me. There goes my first world problem
    Ciel, Decaf and luvthefree like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

In BC the tax rate is 12%, so $238 to spend to get our first Starbucks free item starting this April. That sounds really 'rewarding'.

But wait, that's only if we spend $238 in one transaction, which is unlikely. If each time we buy one drink, like the other posters said, they probably only count the full dollar amount - if you spend $10 before tax in one transaction, you'll get 20 stars; but if you spend $4.45 in one and $5.55 in another, you'll only get 18 stars. So to achieve one free item at Starbucks in the new program, you'll have to spend far more than you think.
    Last edited by MapleLeaves; Mon, Feb 22nd, 2016 at 07:21 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

^ I think you still keep your gold status after the change but the reward stars epxire within 6 months.

• Will rewards expire in the new program?+ Birthday rewards will continue to expire the day after your birthday.
      If you are a Gold member, the Stars you earn will expire 6 months from when you earn them—so be sure to use them when you have enough for a Star Reward (125 Stars).
      You may occasionally receive another type of reward. If so, it will include an expiration date.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    ^ I think you still keep your gold status after the change but the reward stars epxire within 6 months.

• Will rewards expire in the new program?+ Birthday rewards will continue to expire the day after your birthday.
      If you are a Gold member, the Stars you earn will expire 6 months from when you earn them—so be sure to use them when you have enough for a Star Reward (125 Stars).
      You may occasionally receive another type of reward. If so, it will include an expiration date.
    No you don't get to keep the current gold status in the new program. My gold status is till November this year, but the email I got said they would 'bump me up to the green level' in the new program.
    Ciel and Decaf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

No you don't get to keep the current gold status in the new program. My gold status is till November this year, but the email I got said they would 'bump me up to the green level' in the new program.

That's so unfair...
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  92.6 KB

I think the email said that welcome level would be bumped up to green so you can get green rewards right away. According to their website you keep your green or gold level when the program switches.
    Ciel and Decaf like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

In BC the tax rate is 12%, so $238 to spend to get our first Starbucks free item starting this April. That sounds really 'rewarding'.

But wait, that's only if we spend $238 in one transaction, which is unlikely. If each time we buy one drink, like the other posters said, they probably only count the full dollar amount - if you spend $10 before tax in one transaction, you'll get 20 stars; but if you spend $4.45 in one and $5.55 in another, you'll only get 18 stars. So to achieve one free item at Starbucks in the new program, you'll have to spend far more than you think.
    They keep track of partial amount.

• What will happen in the new program if I spend an uneven amount? Do I get credit for the change?+ Yes, your change counts towards partial Stars. We’ll keep track of all your partial Stars and apply them to your total Stars.
      For example, if you spend $6.20 (i.e., not including tax, tips, alcohol or other exceptions), you will earn 12.40 Stars.
      The .40 is not always visible (we like to keep things simple), but you can always view your Stars and purchase history at starbucks.ca/rewards or in the mobile app.
    Ciel, francine1985 and Cuckoobird like this.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

In BC the tax rate is 12%
    I'm looking at my receipts; it's 5% GST on coffee and bakery.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am disappointed in changes
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Very unhappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have gold status already until April 2017 (I drink a lot of plain black coffee so I am always way ahead). My vente pike costs $2 cup, I will be another one who says bye bye Starbucks and hello McDonalds or even back to Timmies - I really dislike their medium roast since they changed it a couple of years ago, but I do like the dark roast! This change is actually going to save me a lot of $$ on coffee as I'll make my own a lot more often! So I guess my bank account should say Thank You Starbucks
    Ciel likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I personally don't like the changes either but I won't stop going there. I like cold drinks all year long and my regular drink is a vanilla iced coffee with cream or a frappuccino if I want to splurge. I'm not a fan of the other companies iced coffee and except for Tim's icecaps I don't like other companies "blended" drinks. I go there because I like my drinks not for the reward program. That being said I will not be spending anymore there so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to remain a gold member with these changes which will be very disappointing.
    Ciel likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

unhappy about the change.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My Starbucks card shows I've been member since 2008. Green Tea Latte had been my favourite drink so I spent around $5 each visit. But my visits have dropped significantly in the past year since I found out online that even though I ordered my drink 'non-sweetened', the sugar amount in the drink was still a lot. The ingredients on the package of their green tea powder show: Sugar and green tea powder. And that means sugar as the main ingredient is more than 51% (-and who knows, maybe as high as 80%?)
    The drink I thought to be the most healthy turned out to be the other way around. And now with this program change, there's really no reason for me to go there any more.
    Ciel, walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information