• 1 Post By Lyssia510
  • 9 Post By tireman88
  • 2 Post By Kayle Dawn
  • 2 Post By rockco

Thread: Walmart sucks lately.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anybody have the number for head office ? Lately our Walmart sucks! ! ! ! ! ! I am not impressed. I was told that Walmart no longer price matches and uses coupons. Said it's double dipping. Funny I called 1 800 Walmart and I got the states by accident. She gave me a phone number and when I called they said that was bs and Walmart does price match and accept coupons. Said that's a Canada wide policy. That managers could only set rules on quantity limitations and how far away they will price match. I would like to hear it from head office. I'm not sure the number I called was them. Would like to know for sure before I go off on them in there. There are a couple csms' that are nothing but rude and unpleasant all the time.we hardly shop there anymore because of their customer service.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    rockco, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did you speak with the store manager? Some times you can get the information you need faster that way and you can also voice your concerns about the csms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toronto166, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

i agree. I think they are all just jealous of the great deals we get!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes I did attempt to speak to the manager. He called the csm when I asked to speak with him. Wouldn't talk to me or come down. She said he said the same thing....told her nope that's the rule. No price matching and using coupons. No double dipping. I don't get that when they get reimbursed for the coupons.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wow, that's awful, the store manager at my store is so good about talking to customers if he is in the store. There was some confusion a few months ago about coupons and price matching and he said it was allowed. But the price matching policy changed.

Did you get the number for head office? I can get it tomorrow for you if you haven't gotten it yet.

toronto166, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Want to get 4 free plates of food from Chef's Plate? Your first 4 plates are free when you sign up under my referral link and you can cancel at any time!

Looking to earn gift cards and more by just searching and doing surveys? Sign up for Swagbucks today!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you and say that Walmart has ALWAYS sucked lol, not just LATELY

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tireman88 View Post
    Does anybody have the number for head office ? Lately our Walmart sucks! ! ! ! ! ! I am not impressed. I was told that Walmart no longer price matches and uses coupons. Said it's double dipping. Funny I called 1 800 Walmart and I got the states by accident. She gave me a phone number and when I called they said that was bs and Walmart does price match and accept coupons. Said that's a Canada wide policy. That managers could only set rules on quantity limitations and how far away they will price match. I would like to hear it from head office. I'm not sure the number I called was them. Would like to know for sure before I go off on them in there. There are a couple csms' that are nothing but rude and unpleasant all the time.we hardly shop there anymore because of their customer service.
    WalmartCanada has an ad match guarantee (hate it when people call it price matching: WalmartCanada does NOT price match, they AD match); WalmartCanada does not have a coupon policy (they have guidelines for the cashiers to follow, however, they do not have a policy like the U.S. Walmart's do).

As with any of the policies or guidelines, store managers have final say in whether an ad match can or cannot be done; if a coupon can or cannot be used. WalmartCanada head office empowers their store managers to run their stores as they see fit.

The U.S. head office of Walmartdoes NOT speak for the Canadian Walmartstores. Walmartin the U.S. and Walmartin Canada run as separate business entities, so not all polices and procedures and guidelines are the same between the 2 countries.

However, ad matches and manufacturer coupons can be combined. It is with ad matches and competitor coupons where it is not the same: when it is a competitor coupon, the coupon is treated as, and entered as, an ad match. Therefore, when a competitor's coupon is used, the customer either gets to ad match or they get to use the competitor's coupon, but not both. It's one or the other. But with a manufacturer's coupon, there shouldn't be this issue when someone has an ad match as well.
    toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you and say that Walmart has ALWAYS sucked lol, not just LATELY
    Agreed. Although their toy sales since October have been awesome online.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know the Walmart in the states has no say over our Walmart. Why I stated that she gave me a number for Canada. Price matching ad matching I think most people knew what I meant. Point is lately our Walmart csms suck and are extremely rude and hassle anybody who uses coupons. The matter has been straightened out and yes we can AD MATCH and use a coupon the 2 csms have been spoken to about this and informed. The little devilish part of me can't wait til I see them working again so I can AD MATCH and use my coupons .ty to those offering to find me a number to call and who were helpful . ☺

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad you got everything worked out!

toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@tireman88 thanks for bringing up this recent issue. It's people like you who are willing to confront the issue in store, thus, allowing the store to make corrective procedures. Everyone bi-monthly, Walmart stores get memos/policies from head office, and the stores will do their own assessment and implement store specific changes.

After the dust dies down, they seem to revert back to their normal behaviour. I dislike the store specific rules cause it means Walmart is not consistent across Ontario, and I can't expect the same level of service. I consistently submit survey complaints.

Past dumb changes, that I complained about and have now been forgotten as procedures by Walmart...
    - Maximum $20 in coupons
    - Maximum 10 coupons
    - Ad match limit of 6 per item per customer per day
    - No coupon overage allowed
    - Change the value of my coupon (ie: $2 changed to $.99)
    - Reduce refund of returns by the value of the coupon

I prefer Walmart to be the same across US & Canada, so I can expect the same level of service (same as franchises like MacDonalds). They haven't gotten the message yet. Just keep raising concerns....

Thanks for your post.
    tireman88 and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I think they are probably confusing the manufacturer coupons with competitor coupons. Oh WM! I have not PM in ages and find it more convenient to just go to whatever store has sale.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Did you happen that cashiers asked others cashiers instead their cs/managers/supervisor?
    Om!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Thread Information