User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Slightly off topic but is anyone else's Walmart charging a DOLLAR to use a cart? I went there today, saw the carts locked up, figured it would be a quarter, get closer and see $1.00.
    Plus I didn't have a loonie on me so I went to CS to get change and was told I couldn't get change for a cart(was very specific that I needed change for the cart)without buying something.
    And people preferred them to Target :/
    WOW that does not even make any sense. Like you need cart to buy something, instead of the other way around/

I would have told her that I need to put stuff in my cart, not cart in my stuff!
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    WOW that does not even make any sense. Like you need cart to buy something, instead of the other way around/

I would have told her that I need to put stuff in my cart, not cart in my stuff!
    I know. I only had a toonie on me, I'm not about to run around the store trying to find something that will come to under a dollar with tax, wait in the ridiculous check out line just to get a cart. I ended up giving a lady my toonie for her cart.
    If this wasn't something new and had been around for a months I could understand them not giving change, but I was in the same store five days earlier and carts were still free and no signs or anything stating that they would be charging for carts(not like I expect them to, but at least be willing to give change for your over priced crappy carts).
    ROMEO, Angela273, rockco and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    ..., but I was in the same store five days earlier and carts were still free and no signs or anything stating that they would be charging for carts(not like I expect them to, but at least be willing to give change for your over priced crappy carts).
    1 out of the 3 Walmarts near us, converted in September 2015. 2 months prior they had signs posted to pre-notify us.

During 2015 winter season, the Walmart Door Greeters graciously handed out Loonie so we were not struggling to get change for carts to do holiday shopping. Of course, it was an honour system, and we were to return the loonie to her (I hope everyone did). Seems like your store did a poor job in implementation. These days, getting change is not an issue.

The remainder of our Walmarts will be converted over a period of time. I expect it will be the same for other Walmart stores.
    ROMEO, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

The cart wheels at our local Walmart lock up a short distance from the entrance/exits of the complex.
    ROMEO, Ciel and Davetherave like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Coupon is a form of payment, and price match is a form of discount. They should have no conflicts, I get why you are upset.

But if you don't get too upset immediately, the cashiers would often try to help you. It isn't their own money after all. Be nice about it, and try to solve the problem together. I have a feeling that you've lost her when you said, "Since when?!" Instead, remain pose and say, "Oh really? But it has never been a problem before. Are you sure?" She would tell you kindly the policy change. Then you could ask if she could do you a solid just this time and you will sure to remember it next time. In my experience, if you ask nicely, they would try. But sometimes, the computer just wouldn't allow it. You must then admit defeat.

Remember, the store has the power to decline coupons case by case. So I would always ask if I could use coupons before scanning.

At the end of the day, you can always choose not to go to stores that upset you. I have stopped going to Tim Horton's, Canadian Tire, The Source, Arby's, Food Basics... No use being upset, you always have the choice to walk away from Walmart and go to Loblaws. If enough people walk out, they will have to close down or change policy.
    Ciel, coupongirl99 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I experience this over the weekend. Price matched and used a coupon. Cashier told me she would do it this time but informed me that they no longer do both together. This is a big fail on their part as far as I'm concerned, being able to do both is pretty much the only reason I walk into their store.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    I experience this over the weekend. Price matched and used a coupon. Cashier told me she would do it this time but informed me that they no longer do both together. This is a big fail on their part as far as I'm concerned, being able to do both is pretty much the only reason I walk into their store.

Cashier was wrong. Ad match and manufacturer's coupon = Yes. Ad match and competitor's coupon = No

They really need to reread their One Best Training cards - NOWHERE in them does it state about no coupons with ad matches.
    Angela273, Ciel and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been my experience that once the cashier decides to play THE COMPANY MAN and refuse a coupon with some arcane excuse....telling her (or him) that the store gets paid......gets you nowhere.

Then they call over a manager and they froth at the mouth insisting to the manager to NOT accept your coupon.

"THE COMPANY MAN cashier" - in the same category as liberals who think we should pay a CARBON TAX ON FOOD.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    The cart wheels at our local Walmart lock up a short distance from the entrance/exits of the complex.
    Just like the carts do at the Fortinos at Eastgate Square in Hamilton! Could not move the cart onto the parking lot to the parked truck 3 yrs ago and I had 2 cases of 12 can pop and one other item. It was weird.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

BTW, I had noticed earlier this week that one of the cart carrels had a Bring Your Bags sign facing out to the road where everyone comes in on. I asked a cashier when I paid for my purchase if it was known when the plan was going to take effect and she did not know.

Two days ago, a family member brought home a little notice that the 5 cents per bag policy takes effect on May 16 (Ancaster Walmart).

I just purchased a new small plastic tote for my little Walmart purchases to deal with the new policy. I plan to budget 50 cents per month for a possible 8 bags with HST just in case I buy more than planned in any month. Or will set aside some found money to deal with the plastic bags purchases.
    sweetmomma and rockco like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Has anyone come across this new 'policy'?
    Most coupons have that wonderfully vague line - "cannot be combined with any other offer"
    My WM now justifies price matching as another offer and refuses a PM with a coupon
    This doesn't seem right to me??
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    BTW, I had noticed earlier this week that one of the cart carrels had a Bring Your Bags sign facing out to the road where everyone comes in on. I asked a cashier when I paid for my purchase if it was known when the plan was going to take effect and she did not know.

Two days ago, a family member brought home a little notice that the 5 cents per bag policy takes effect on May 16 (Ancaster Walmart).

I just purchased a new small plastic tote for my little Walmart purchases to deal with the new policy. I plan to budget 50 cents per month for a possible 8 bags with HST just in case I buy more than planned in any month. Or will set aside some found money to deal with the plastic bags purchases.
    5 cents per plastic bag takes effect May 16th at the Burlington,ON and Oakville,ON Walmarts too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Has anyone come across this new 'policy'?
    Most coupons have that wonderfully vague line - "cannot be combined with any other offer"
    My WM now justifies price matching as another offer and refuses a PM with a coupon
    This doesn't seem right to me??
    same thing happen to me today was very annoyed as asked to speak with the CSM who approved my coupons but no overage
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    same thing happen to me today was very annoyed as asked to speak with the CSM who approved my coupons but no overage
    They are wrong. Any other offer is not an ad match. Any other offer refers to another coupon, a cheque, a cash back offer on an app, etc.
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I just tried to do a Walmart.ca order(under $50.00) and they wanted to charge me a $5.00 handeling fee to place the order, but shipping was still free to the post office. I figured it was because my order was under $50 so I added an item to make my cart over $50, and the handeling fee was still there.
    dededi likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information